Sign in to follow this  
designidea

What Is you'r View on the crossbow?

What is you'r view on the crossbow?

Personally I love it almost as much as I love the lee enfield, Completely no noise and in my opinion useable Iron sights. For me the only downside is the fact 1 bolt takes up a whole slot.

Anyways What are you'r views?

Regards

Designidea

No Quiver

I think it'd be nice if that was included, it'd make It a viable weapon as a substitute for a silenced weapon. I think Rocket should add it as a loot drop that doesnt always spawn with the crossbow.

trash

go find a m9 sd

It is personal opinion, I still dont understand the hate, If I spawn and I see a crossbow I find it really useful when I'm looting major cities because I will NEVER atract zombie attention.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/77946-crossbow-could-be-my-favorite-weapon/

crossbow could be my favorite weapon, i have a detailed post on my view

I have a crossbow in real life, and when i got it it was very much like the crossbow in the current version of DayZ.

The bolts have field tips which are sharp, but if you got hit with one you could pull it out with relative ease and probably be okay (depending on where you were hit). The sight on it was a little better, it had your basic rifle iron-sight style.

After some slight modification, I believe I would rather be shot with an AK-74 if i had to choose. The tips I use are some razor-edged, sharp, insane looking tips. The scope I have is similar to an M24 scope. The effective range on it is far better than in the game, and the accuracy is also far greater.

My crossbow is a weapon that is not to be underestimated, just ask many a deer.

If there were a chance i could find a crossbow in a barn, put a CCO or M24 (even a DMR) scope on it, get some wicked tips, and carry a few more bolts than are currently allowed, the crossbow would easily be my favorite weapon.

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, it was a great idea. A one hit zombie kill, practically silent, and retrievable arrows? FUCK YEAH!

However, it was not exactly implemented well, as each arrow takes a primary inventory slot, and sometimes zombies can fall on the arrows, making that impossible to get. The iron sight's are also horrible, so it's best to have crosshairs with the crossbow.

In my personal opinion, it would be a useful weapon if it wasn't so undermined.

I would wish for at least a bit more variety in crossbow/bow section of the game, maybe a more advanced crossbow or a compound bow.

Edited by Somore98
  • Like 1

http://dayzmod.com/f...avorite-weapon/

crossbow could be my favorite weapon, i have a detailed post on my view

I have a crossbow in real life, and when i got it it was very much like the crossbow in the current version of DayZ.

The bolts have field tips which are sharp, but if you got hit with one you could pull it out with relative ease and probably be okay (depending on where you were hit). The sight on it was a little better, it had your basic rifle iron-sight style.

After some slight modification, I believe I would rather be shot with an AK-74 if i had to choose. The tips I use are some razor-edged, sharp, insane looking tips. The scope I have is similar to an M24 scope. The effective range on it is far better than in the game, and the accuracy is also far greater.

My crossbow is a weapon that is not to be underestimated, just ask many a deer.

If there were a chance i could find a crossbow in a barn, put a CCO or M24 (even a DMR) scope on it, get some wicked tips, and carry a few more bolts than are currently allowed, the crossbow would easily be my favorite weapon.

When you shoot a zombie with the crossbow can you extract you'r bolt, i've been unable to do so. Also Maybe finding variants of crossbows with a scope or something of that nature would be nice Insted of a million AK and M16 Variants.

To be perfectly honest, it was a great idea. A one hit zombie kill, practically silent, and retrievable arrows? FUCK YEAH!

However, it was not exactly implemented well, as each arrow takes a primary inventory slot, and sometimes zombies can fall on the arrows, making that impossible to get. The iron sight's are also horrible, so it's best to have crosshairs with the crossbow.

In my personal opinion, it would be a useful weapon if it wasn't so undermined.

I would wish for at least a bit more variety in crossbow/bow section of the game, maybe a more advanced crossbow or a compound bow.

Whats with all this rage about the ironsights, i've never found them obstructive or anything, if anything I like them. Apparently rocket has confirmed quivers and possibly attachments so I think when standalone comes around it could be a usful weapon. And they do need work on retreivable arrow, i've yet to be able to retrieve mine..

needs a scope. mine has one and is good for 80 meter accuracy.

if they add a quiver that will be cool for reducing inventory slots of ammo. but notice that when you select pistol, while carrying a crossbow, the animation is such that the player has the xbow over his shoulder, between the cable and limb. this is extremely uncomfortable and not practical with what appears to be that exact xbow, in rl. so adding a quiver will make that same animation fucked up. the quiver would be passing through the back of the player, with the bolts too. to rectify this they should put it so the crossbow is attached to the back of the players backpack. this is how it is done practically

needs a scope. mine has one and is good for 80 meter accuracy.

if they add a quiver that will be cool for reducing inventory slots of ammo. but notice that when you select pistol, while carrying a crossbow, the animation is such that the player has the xbow over his shoulder, between the cable and limb. this is extremely uncomfortable and not practical with what appears to be that exact xbow, in rl. so adding a quiver will make that same animation fucked up. the quiver would be passing through the back of the player, with the bolts too. to rectify this they should put it so the crossbow is attached to the back of the players backpack. this is how it is done practically

Hmm Never though about that, I dont know quiver on the hip maybe, who knows how it'll be implemented. Still glad to see a fellow crossbow lover, currently on my character I've lived 10 Dayz and I run a DMR main and revolver secondary with crossbow in my pack. And i dont wanna trade them for anything.

Regards

Designidea

Hmm Never though about that, I dont know quiver on the hip maybe

true, never considered this at all!

one other thought was that the bolts seem to be field tips which would not be instantaneously lethal even to medium game in most cases. they are field tips after all and for target practice. they should at least stick a 2 bladed broadhead on, something basic and survivalish. the crossbow needs to be a 1 hit kill weapon to be even remotely attractive compared to any ingame firearm, so make it a bit more likely with broadheads. either that or reduce the high end guns availabilty.

How much damage does it do to players is the question (I looked it up on Dayz Wiki and it says 3555 blood which would make it a pain in the ass to use especially with pistol nerfing), I see them everywhere (despite never finding a CZ for the past two months even though they have roughly the same spawn rate) but I only pick them up if I have nothing else of use. Right now I am way too high gear to even consider it an option. Who knows to each their own, but with the ever constant threat of PVP I will stick with my high damage weapons with a M9 SD as back up.

true, never considered this at all!

one other thought was that the bolts seem to be field tips which would not be instantaneously lethal even to medium game in most cases. they are field tips after all and for target practice. they should at least stick a 2 bladed broadhead on, something basic and survivalish. the crossbow needs to be a 1 hit kill weapon to be even remotely attractive compared to any ingame firearm, so make it a bit more likely with broadheads. either that or reduce the high end guns availabilty.

I suppose the question here is do you need that much detail? And is it worth it, lets face it If I shoot a crossbow bolt into your face you will most likely die unless I spit it at you. And all in All it is just a game, crossbows as they are now are fine for me. In my opinion all that i would Like to see added are:

-Quivers

-Variants/Attachments.

Its all up to how much depth goes into it, As I dont know anything about crossbows this may be unrealistic but different bolts, ones that have more range less damage vise versa.

Also I highly doubt they'll drasticly lower higher tier gun availability just for a Crossbow as alot of people just used a silenced handgun.

Regards

Designidea

How much damage does it do to players is the question (I looked it up on Dayz Wiki and it says 3555 blood which would make it a pain in the ass to use especially with pistol nerfing), I see them everywhere (despite never finding a CZ for the past two months even though they have roughly the same spawn rate) but I only pick them up if I have nothing else of use. Right now I am way too high gear to even consider it an option. Who knows to each their own, but with the ever constant threat of PVP I will stick with my high damage weapons with a M9 SD as back up.

I have no Idea versus player but I think its 1 hit kill from video's, versus zombies its 1 hit kill. I always find CZ's and Shotguns (Cz being my prefered sniper rifle). As I mostly play on low population servers because of hackers I dont encounter PVP much therefore I dont find the need for an AS50 or anything like that. I Imagine my view will change as time goes on.

Regards

Designidea

I hate it. Terrible ammo, terrible aim and bolts aren't all that common compared to .45 or makarov magazines

No Quiver

This. I'd actually use it if 5 bolts didn't deplete most of my inventory space...

• Like 1

The crossbow is my favorite zombie killing weapon on this game, it has a great tactical advantage when it comes to being stealthy and the iron sights are pretty reliable (When you get used to it), and I love how you can retrieve the arrows after your kill! (Most the time) So when I find a crossbow in a barn....Goodbye AK74 and Hello precious! :D

I hate it. Terrible ammo, terrible aim and bolts aren't all that common compared to .45 or makarov magazines

You'r own personal opinion, still what is up with the aim hate? I agree ammo isnt common but then you wouldnt carry more than 4 bolts max due to inventory space. I only use it If i need to take care of that one zombie in a city, it has NO noise so quieter than silencers.

This. I'd actually use it if 5 bolts didn't deplete most of my inventory space...

Apparently quiver's are being added, but I think they'd have to work like a backpack so you have it taking one inventory slot you open it and you can place bolts in it.

The crossbow is my favorite zombie killing weapon on this game, it has a great tactical advantage when it comes to being stealthy and the iron sights are pretty reliable (When you get used to it), and I love how you can retrieve the arrows after your kill! (Most the time) So when I find a crossbow in a barn....Goodbye AK74 and Hello precious! :D

Hmm I still make sure I have a handgun or weapon in ma backpack but yes I agree I will trade an ak for a crossbow,however crazy that sounds...

Regards

Designidea

Hmm I still make sure I have a handgun or weapon in ma backpack but yes I agree I will trade an ak for a crossbow,however crazy that sounds...

Regards

Designidea

Ah right! I forgot to mention that. I always need a handgun to back up the crossbow, like a revolver or a m1911.

-Variants/Attachments.

how about a laser? that would make for fun at night or the evenings.

Its all up to how much depth goes into it, As I dont know anything about crossbows this may be unrealistic but different bolts, ones that have more range less damage vise versa.

well the field tip will have higher range and accuracy every time because the surface area of its front its perfected dynamically for the flight. and a 22 inch bolt with a lead tip is no joke sure. to the head that is nearly always lethal. i just mean for body shots i guess. broadheads would make that more realistic which seems fair since the other weapons take into account the damage of their ammunition. i read last that the ingame crossbow was accurate to 30m. with fieldtips it should be way beyond that, even with broadheads

Completely no noise

i guess u havent played online with someone whilst using the crossbow. my friend could hear me shooting mine from downstairs when he was on the 3rd floor of a residential building in cherno. he asked if i was firing, everytime i fired at the zombies. i havent heard what it sounds like someone else myself

the sound isnt realistic either. i could record it for rocket if he likes. its a lot harsher

how about a laser? that would make for fun at night or the evenings.

well the field tip will have higher range and accuracy every time because the surface area of its front its perfected dynamically for the flight. and a 22 inch bolt with a lead tip is no joke sure. to the head that is nearly always lethal. i just mean for body shots i guess. broadheads would make that more realistic which seems fair since the other weapons take into account the damage of their ammunition. i read last that the ingame crossbow was accurate to 30m. with fieldtips it should be way beyond that, even with broadheads

I dont know I think for a laser it'd be a new variant, like you got your good old compound then a competition crosbow etc. And as long as the crossbow doesnt become a sniper I think it'll be fine 100m max range.

Regards

Designidea

I used crossbow when I started playing this game and it felt like a cool lol but after hatchet was being implemented as a melee weapon I dumped crossbow. Hatchet is now far more superior and you can always put it back to toolbelt so you can have primary weapon with you easily.

If they would implement some attachments, quivers and rewrite the bolt acquiring system then I would consider using crossbow again.

Edited by Caine