Sign in to follow this  
TheDesigner

The Good 'Ole DayZ

I remember when I first started DayZ. I don't remember the exact build #, but it was close to/before they added tents. I was a loner who, at first, was a KoS guy, pretty much a bandit. This was before Scripties, duping, or spawn camping. It was, the good 'ole DayZ.

I was a bandit until I joined The Walking Militia. I was one of the first to join their ranks and I've never regretted it. Playing friendly was so much more fun than shooting everything that moves. I remember our first meet-up. We met up at the Balota Med camp and farmed it for around 2 hours. We all geared up with AKs and M4s (back then, this was geared up, legendary gear) and we headed North for more adventures.

Once we got more members, we started farming the NWAF. We weren't worried about AS50s, M1017s, L85s, Server hoppers, hackers, or even DMRs. Our biggest worry was someone actually running into us. That day, I found a M249 saw with 2 clips and a M4A1 CCO. I thought both were the best guns ever and gave the CCO to someone else. NVGs, GPS, or any of that common shit didn't even exist to me back then. I was, in my mind, as geared as I was going to get.

Now, WM runs into camps with 4 L85s, 17 NVGs, 20 Grenades, multiple AS50s and M1017s, and just a whole bunch of duped shit. I'm not innocent ethier, I've taken things out of tents and not saved it, knowing it will appear next server restart. But now, it's just gotten out of hand. Every person who gets killed has a damn GPS, NVG, and AS50. I remember raiding a big camp and the thing we got excited about was one DMR and M24. We didn't even know about duping so they were given to our snipers, not to every member.

This is pretty much my story + story of how DayZ has changed for the worse, not the game itself, but the people who play it. There really does need to be a database wipe..

Tl;dr DayZ has changed.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 6

Tldr: wait for standalone.

Another thing, people like this guy really annoy me. It's like listening to a recording.

"something wrong with the mod? Wait for the standalone"

Well no, I won't wait for the standalone, DayZ is fine with me and I don't need the standalone.

• Like 1

Yeah i agree with u for the db wipe. cus has u said, all that duped shit is getting freakin incotrollable. The other day i was in a 50 slots server with about 40 ppl in it, i was in cherno. I walked a bit and found a body in the middle of cherno with everything u can get. Had an as50 with nvg gps and all that crazy stuff.... DB needs to be wiped and they need to ban all the hackers.

Sgt.Asshat

Member Since 28 Jul 2012

Korax

Member Since 29 May 2012

Sit down son. :)

TheDesigner

Member since May 27, 2012

Why don't you take a seat next to him, son?

When you joined the website had nothing to do with how long you have been playing. I joined atleast 2 weeks after I started playing, maybe less.

Agree on the DB wipe. Sure duping and hacking won't stop, but it will make it that much harder for the duper to find a legit

AS50, or M107 to dupe..

TheDesigner

Member since May 27, 2012

Why don't you take a seat next to him, son?

When you joined the website had nothing to do with how long you have been playing. I joined atleast 2 weeks after I started playing, maybe less.

*shrug* just pointing out facts. Waiting for standalone will fix most of the problems (due to the fact fixing them now would require breaking arma) A database wipe, would fix, NOTHING. Hackers gonna hack, and heh, Haters, gonna hate.

Now on your way. Son.

Meh, there was less people back then.

More people, more problems. <---------- Pretty much a scientific law.

But back then, we also had everyone running along the coast having Makaroni gunfights like this was the OK Corral or something. The Good 'Ole DayZ were not so great.

• Like 1

Agree on the DB wipe. Sure duping and hacking won't stop, but it will make it that much harder for the duper to find a legit

AS50, or M107 to dupe..

Exactly, atleast you will have to find the tents and guns again. You could probably catch a few hackers spawning in AS50s a few minutes after the wipe, since they're not too smart and the chance of finding a crash site near the coast is very, very low.

*shrug* just pointing out facts. Waiting for standalone will fix most of the problems (due to the fact fixing them now would require breaking arma) A database wipe, would fix, NOTHING. Hackers gonna hack, and heh, Haters, gonna hate.

Now on your way. Son.

Did you even read the OP, or can your short attention span/4th grade reading skills not handle it?

It has nothing to do with hackers, only duping. Yes son, a DB wipe would put off duping for awhile.

Did you even read the OP, or can your short attention span/4th grade reading skills not handle it?

It has nothing to do with hackers, only duping. Yes son, a DB wipe would put off duping for awhile.

Yes I read your ill informed whine about how to fix everything. Son, A DB wipe would do nothing against hackers and dupers, and simply punish people who have been playing the game as intended.

This thing doesn't revolve around you, Son.

Yes I read your ill informed whine about how to fix everything. Son, A DB wipe would do nothing against hackers and dupers, and simply punish people who have been playing the game as intended.

Obviously you didn't since I mention a wipe at the end and nowhere in the beginning or middle. I hate how I have to argue with a troll, since your empty skull only sends and doesn't receive, but it's for my and everyone else's amusement.

You keep mentioning me saying a DB wipe will affect hackers, even though I never said this and know it won't. But if you are saying taking away all the duped guns from supers won't affect them, which you are, then you are truly an idiot, which you are. The supers would have to re-find all of the guns again, which would take a considerable amount of time.

Although that's not what this thread was about, your sorry excuse for a counter-argument is poorly put together and contains traces of a prepubescent teen.

Given the condition of the gameplay right now I'd be okay with a DB wipe every 2 weeks/every update release.

Edited by puppetworx

Ahh, yes the good old dayz.

1.5.7 it was.

No hackers, a few friendlies and if you found an AKM you thought you'd hit the jackpot.

Not to mention the fun you could have on Side Chat.

Oooooh me back, let me sit down....

• Like 2

Of course DayZ has changed, what a silly statement. No game has ever, nor will ever, "stay the same".

Ahh, yes the good old dayz.

1.5.7 it was.

No hackers, a few friendlies and if you found an AKM you thought you'd hit the jackpot.

Not to mention the fun you could have on Side Chat.

Oooooh me back, let me sit down....

Yeah it was cool stuff :) You could run from Cherno to Elektro, meet ten people, and not get shot once. First time i did finally get shot was by this guy who lured me to a water pump via sidechat, dark, just outside Elektro. I was lost and he was helping me navigate to this pump so i could refill my bottle. I ended up running down the train tracks and he said ok i can see you, i will come out and stand up. He stood up from a bush nearby and said 'sorry man..i really need some beanz ..' bang! I just sat back and thought wow..this dude really sucked me right in,i couldn't believe i had been capped. My mate who was near Balota was like..'what ..he fucking shot you ?' Sidechat was full of comments about how i had been sucked in ,plus the usual lolz, one bunch were heading down to try and find and kill the guy..a few more were saying they were going into hiding because this pyscho killer dude was now on the loose..good times indeed. And finding an akm..man that shit was golden ! Fuck..a winchester was phat :)

Still enjoying the game and hoping the standalone can capture the edge that it had when it first hit the net.

• Like 2

Tldr: wait for standalone.

Be careful guys.. This guy is a real internet badass. I bet hes 6'7 and his triceps have triceps.... Probably rides a Harley, blaring Metallica too.

The moral of this guys argument is: Dont you DARE say anything about the problems in DayZ - If they start wiping equip, he might actually have to learn how to get to the NW airfield using only a compass :o

Just like the good ole dayz

Meh, there was less people back then.

More people, more problems. <---------- Pretty much a scientific law.

But back then, we also had everyone running along the coast having Makaroni gunfights like this was the OK Corral or something. The Good 'Ole DayZ were not so great.

Speak for yourself...when I started playing in may the Mexican stand offs we had on the beaches with multiple players was hysterical.

People got jacked for their beans and were thrown right into the pvp fire when they first logged in. There really is nothing like trial by fire, and it is awesome to have seen so many adapt so quickly. Don't kid yourselves, there was were a good amount of scripters in may, but you right in the sense of more players more problems. But the good ole dayz was just as great in its own way as it is now; it's simply a matter of perspective.

• Like 1