Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Zer0

Fucking Humanity...

I have over 30 murders since I started playing the game. Some are from self defense most are from me killing someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I tried the whole typing friendly and voicing friendly.. That has always got me shot. So now if you are headed towards me, you are dead. If you are in the area I am looting, you are dead. It is just how I play to "protect" my time invested in what I "earned". What I don't do is lay down on sniper hill with my as50 or my m107 and kill people for what ever reason you do that for. I don't see how laying there for what ever length of time you waste waiting for 1 person who just spawned with nothing worth taking to help you survive in this game is even fun. I play with a person who I know has sat for almost 6 hours straight in one spot at the NWAF for 1 kill, that is just insane to me.

I still have a +4200 humanity even with all those kills. I play with people who help each other out. I bandage them, epi, morph and blood bag when ever they need it. I have ran from the west side of the map to the east side of the map from the north side down south and back up again to help a team mate more times then I can remember. I am not far into the negative like I should be for the kills that I have.

You cry that it is unfair, hahaha you had to be sitting on the hill killing people for dayz and dayz to get what you earned. Deal with it, why cry about the skin. Keep on playing like you been playing, why try to change now. You obviously like to kill un armed non threatenin people from 600 to 1000m away. Why change. Just because you have the bandit skin now that won't change anything for you really since you are sniping respawns. Try heading up north where people can shoot back at you and find out how much fun this game can really be not knowing if someone is watching you move in the trees. Or wondering if someone is inside the barracks as you are moving towards them or maybe wondering if there is a team of people at the NWAF with 2 snipers on over watch from 1000m out. But that wouldn't be fun for you right because why go to the loot places when all you have to do is Dup your gear and ammo food and drink, and laugh as you kill someone in the firehouse from the hill 700m away from it.

Find my server. Come play with us. We will give you a warm welcome.

I will have to agree with the OP that the current humanity system is far from anything I'd call perfect or even good. Either you're a complete pacifist and let yourself die to others rather than risk losing humanity, or you try and incapacitate enemies with shots (which will still screw with your humanity). Avoidance? Yes, of course, but really most fights aren't instigated by people who see each other from several hundred meters away, they usually happen because you run into someone close by.

Even so recovering from your current predicament is quite easy. Try living in the less populated areas a bit and before you know it your humanity will have restored itself by quite a bit. Need to go out for some groceries? Lie down under a pine tree in some secluded area and come back to a few k higher humanity. (Depends, though, some servers kick you for being afk, but some don't.)

I wish you best of luck. :)

I used to play with a group of bandits, as a result of assaulting cherno and other military actions I now have -44k humanity.

Sure I deserve it, but having to perform 176 transfusions in order to return to 0 humanity is nothing short of retarded. (Based off dayz wiki saying it gives +250 humanity)

These last two days I have run around cherno and electro helping survivors, usually Im shot at then they stop when they realise im not going to kill them, as a result i have bandaged and fixed about ten broken bones. I have gifted weapons and supplies to newbies and helped them get their bearings.

My humanity is now -40k.

Great just another twenty days of hoping people fall off buildings and ill be back at square one.

The humanity system is very unforgiving and a little retarded and I believe it could be toned down. I have no idea how but just that it is frustrating that I am now stuck as a bandit, due to the unreasonable time sink required to change that.

And to those of you who quote real life - a)this is not real life, it's a game. b)People forgive in real life. c)In real life, I'd take off the hat and find some jeans and a plaid shirt.

Let the trolling commence ><

P.S No unarmed bambi's were killed by me, I did nto participate in electro or cherno sniping since point and click is hard yo.

Edit: Just came up with the idea of humanity being reset by a certain amount when you die, 10-25% perhaps or even a solid number such as 10k.

Edited by JKenny

I played for over 2 months, racked up nearly a kill every other day (sometimes I got 5 kills a day, sometimes I went a week without) but my humanity is positive.

So if your humanity is under -10,000, you killed a lot of players, and I highly doubt most of those were self-defense. God, I kill people I see for holding a weapon, but I don't camp coastal cities with a .50 cal.

The irony is that DMing is the easy way out of situations in DayZ, so in effect, the Carebears are more hardcore than the DMers.

I'll take exception to this.

There is a difference between Carebearing it up and deliberately playing as a "good guy" or avoiding fights.

The Carebears run around cluelessly and get whacked constantly because they can't be bothered to pay attention or to think about what they're doing. There is nothing "difficult" or "hardcore" about running around being clueless, with your survival depending almost entirely on the decisions of others. They die and then they whine about getting killed in situations where it was blindingly obvious that they'd get killed.

Both the KoS and "good guy" types have to pay attention to their surroundings in the exact same way - their paths diverge only when it comes time to decide which course of action to take, and neither makes any assumptions about other players. If they did, they'd die every bit as often and randomly as the carebears.

Sprinting through Cherno shouting "HEY EVERYBODY I'M FRIENDLY" is stupid no matter how you cut it.

o_o

Edited by Just a Goat

hahaha the best arma player i know who has about a 15/1 k/d ratio has -36,000 humanity. seriously i saw this kid defend a chopper while my clanmates were repairing it and he dropped 7 guys in a row from one clan with an m4a1 cco sd. the funny part was the clan attacking us were all combat logging and this kid just anticipated every move and cleaned em up. our entire clan got banned by the butthurt admin afterward.

so to get to -75,000 there's no way you only have 30-35 kills in this game. the truth of the matter is you've been slaughtering freshspawns all over the cities you coward. i hope to get into the same server as you when i'm clearing the hills of snipers, you won't know what hit you.

sound like a bunch of babies crying. dont worry. if i see you ill kos and then hide your body just so your loot is gone for ever. :lol:

hahaha the best arma player i know who has about a 15/1 k/d ratio has -36,000 humanity. seriously i saw this kid defend a chopper while my clanmates were repairing it and he dropped 7 guys in a row from one clan with an m4a1 cco sd. the funny part was the clan attacking us were all combat logging and this kid just anticipated every move and cleaned em up. our entire clan got banned by the butthurt admin afterward.

so to get to -75,000 there's no way you only have 30-35 kills in this game. the truth of the matter is you've been slaughtering freshspawns all over the cities you coward. i hope to get into the same server as you when i'm clearing the hills of snipers, you won't know what hit you.

each kill for me after i went negative counted at -7000, it doesnt take many kills to equal -75000 at that point. btw. im at -220,000 ;) funniest part is i clean the hills alot too. most of them seem to be survivors looking to become bandits.

If I could recount all my Day Z kills, it'd be up at about... 20-35. I constantly get into firefights with a bunch of players who shoot on sight. I do hang around Cherno, looking for people to help, but when they answer with bullets, I give them the same reply. Perhaps this is a bug?

Really? With -75k? I am playing also a lot and quite a time. My Humanity was at its lowpoint at -10k. Come on, you were killing a lot of players and I am sure you did't regret any of those "self-defense" kills. Because you just wanted to help, but all those evil people shoot at you! Damn, are the others unfair.

But I cannot believe you that you really try to play good. You was sniping a lot of other players - I am sure! So do not complain and try to be a better person ingame. Then you will get the hero skin one day in the far future. It is easy to be evil, but it is really hard to be a good guy.

I also tried to play friendly. I also get shot several times. But instead of revenging my deaths at innocent survivors who cross my path I everytime tried to connect to them and to help other guys. I was also thinking of sniping some players in Cherno or Elektro - but I decided to do not....instead of YOU. So get over it and try to be good. A simple humanity reset would be too easy for players who behave like a dick. Oh, and one thing, why didn't you change your playstyle when your humanity was down to -25k, -30k....-45k.......-60k....? There everything was good and you didn't die and sniping other people was sooo much fun, right?

• Like 1

I shoot everyone who has as much as an alice pack on sight, even go the extra mile to stalk people whom I expect to having some nice gear stored somewhere.

And if you disconnect on me I will hunt you on other servers.

It's great playing as a bandit, I can't check right now but I'm sure my humanity is somewhere near -600/800k.

But that doesn't matter because if I want to play with other people I just ask some friends to come along, they don't care how many people i've killed.

It's a shame though that people can't tell if I have 0 humanity or -1 million, people should see instantly that they need to kill me on sight or die themselves.

For that I say the bandit skin isnt enough, there needs to be some evil devil skin for reaching such low amounts of humanity.

Or a robot skin, robot's aren't known for being very humane, plus robot's are awesome

Edited by PrivateVoid

After the new patch, my humanity has started out at around -75000, I was like, "Whoa, this is weird." So, after I die later on, I notice that my humanity is back at zero, so I deduced that humanity resets after you die. When I log out an hour later and play at an even later time, my humanity comes back at -75000. I then realize that humanity is tied to your account, and I am completely angered by the fact that I don't have the fair chance of becoming a normal survivor again. Now, I'm being killed on sight since I have the banit skin, and I can't get the hero skin unless I blood bag someone over 100 times... If someone knows how to reset it, please let me know. I can't become a normal survivor and be friendly because of this.

Oh noes, consequences to your actions!?! Buhuu!? :D

Take it like a man and wear your humanity proudly. I hate when mine start dropping below -100k. and it's very good that humanity does not reset to 0 after you die :)

Edited by Vipala