Sign in to follow this  
metaminer

Becoming fully geared is suddenly so easy

Here's some advice, don't even bother heading up north to gear up anymore. Duping/hacking/general-cheating has become so rampant lately that you can pretty much follow a completely different playstyle than the typical one of the past, and have much better success rates in terms of acquiring good loot.

Previously, the typical process for gearing up was this: Start in Cherno/Elektro, loot all the residential pubs and supermarkets, and get some starter loot. After you have some basic supplies and maybe a enfield/winchester, head up north to Stary or the Airfield where you can get some military-grade equipment. Eventually, you'd become fully geared by looting the barracks, occasionally killing a player, and maybe finding that lucky downed chopper.

Nowadays, you can become armed to the teeth with all the best gear in a fraction of the time. Start in Elektro/Cherno again, gain some starter loot like usual, but here's the difference: Don't even bother heading up north. Join a populated server(25-40 people), and look around for some camping snipers around the cities. Odds are you'll come across one eventually, so just sneak up on him and take him out. And what does he have? AS50, L85, NVG's, RF, etc. You'd be surprised how many snipers just camp around the big towns fully geared taking out the newly spawns, but are as dumb as a brick.

I've done this for the past couple weeks now, and it's incredibly easy and successful. You gain all the good loot in 10% of the time compared to heading up north, with less risk involved. Just yesterday I died while looting the NE airfield and lost a ton of high tier equipment, but within 2 hours, I was able to regain all that gear and then some by just killing the snipers around the major cities. It's almost depressing how prevalent these types of high tier equipment are in Chernarus, and how easy they are to obtain. With all the other players out there with 50 cal's and thermal, this is really the only way to keep up with the competition. Hopefully duping/hacking will be fixed and the hive will be wiped clean, so we can all start fresh and acquire loot in a more fair way.

tl;dr-

Kill camping snipers around Cherno/Elektro, get amazing loot in no time

Edited by metaminer
  • Like 1

tl;dr??

What does this mean??

Yes. i live under a rock..

- But yeah whats written above is true, Tho' i still take the long runs to stary and NWAF, since i NEVER spend more then half a minute at the beach, if i die? i run directly north, i'd rather fight skilled players then dumb brick snipers..

No shit sherlock.

Because you knew this, and all your little buddies aswell, Does not mean everyone knows.. Be respectfull on the forum you jackass...

Yes, im being disrespectfull, against *#&%!$* like you...

• Like 2

tl;dr??

What does this mean??

Yes. i live under a rock..

- But yeah whats written above is true, Tho' i still take the long runs to stary and NWAF, since i NEVER spend more then half a minute at the beach, if i die? i run directly north, i'd rather fight skilled players then dumb brick snipers..

Google or Urban dictionary will help you in the future from asking these questions, but tl;dr means too long did not read.

I see this as learning curved: passed.

Now you know that you don't have to walk all the map for the best loot. But bare with me: for new players a trip to NWAF is a MUST! the thrilling, the long walk, everything!

Now i run to balota or I kill someone and that's it. But for new players we need to encourage them to explore the map.

Google or Urban dictionary will help you in the future from asking these questions, but tl;dr means too long did not read.

..... What is Google?

*Happy Face*

Won't be an issue in standalone though once scripting and duping are removed and gear degradation is implemented.

Congratulations on finally working out something that has been posted about many times before though

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

theyre all using duped gear so they dont give a shit about dying (unless they want really high murders etc...)

and when you take their shit, all youre doing is using duped gear too. So gj scumbag youre just as bad as them :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah, it kinda sucks in a way. Once I'm geared by similar methods I pretty much play to die.

I need something to work towards to keep me occupied. If tents were working I might do more travelling.

I was having more fun loot cycling Balota then going into Cherno.

I think a lot of this problem comes from the L85s thermal camera being so OP that it allows unskilled players to anhilate anyone that comes within visible range. Players can safely obtain the L85 in just 1-2 evenings by farming heli crash sites on low-population servers. Then they move over to high-population servers and abuse it along the usual south-coast bottlenecks. Without the L85s thermal camera they'd be a lot more vulnerable, even to new spawns - I think they'd learn pretty fast not to bother camping the busy south coast as its just an easy way to lose good gear.

Personally I don't get why a player with that kind of gear would want to waste time on new spawns anyway. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to player encounters I shoot-first-ask-questions-later... but i'd much rather tactically ambush a well geared player/squad in the central/northern regions to supplement my gear than get kicks out of killing players that are hardly any threat to me and have no gear.

But yeah, over the last 2 weeks I've noticed a lot of "bandit-snipers" with Range finders, AS50s, L85s and Ghillie. A month ago I wouldn't of imagined seeing that kind of kit south of Stary Sobor - let alone banking on it enough to farm it.

• Like 1

I think a lot of this problem comes from the L85s thermal camera being so OP that it allows unskilled players to anhilate anyone that comes within visible range. Players can safely obtain the L85 in just 1-2 evenings by farming heli crash sites on low-population servers. Then they move over to high-population servers and abuse it along the usual south-coast bottlenecks. Without the L85s thermal camera they'd be a lot more vulnerable, even to new spawns - I think they'd learn pretty fast not to bother camping the busy south coast as its just an easy way to lose good gear.

Personally I don't get why a player with that kind of gear would want to waste time on new spawns anyway. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to player encounters I shoot-first-ask-questions-later... but i'd much rather tactically ambush a well geared player/squad in the central/northern regions to supplement my gear than get kicks out of killing players that are hardly any threat to me and have no gear.

But yeah, over the last 2 weeks I've noticed a lot of "bandit-snipers" with Range finders, AS50s, L85s and Ghillie. A month ago I wouldn't of imagined seeing that kind of kit south of Stary Sobor - let alone banking on it enough to farm it.

constant stream of people to shoot and kill > the occasional failure with an m16 who wanders into a northern field every 30 mins

and 80% of people on the coast with full gear sets are dupers, so they dont give a shit about dying

Edited by Buffjesus

Yeah, it kinda sucks in a way. Once I'm geared by similar methods I pretty much play to die.

I need something to work towards to keep me occupied. If tents were working I might do more travelling.

I was having more fun loot cycling Balota then going into Cherno.

You don't have to be immune to death to explore the map. Unless loot farming is why you're playing the game...

Between my group of 4, we have a stupid amount of gear that was not duped. Vehicles+crashed helis is the easiest way to gear up, period. Granted, my on-foot learning curve was ~ 1 week, vehicles/ tents ~1 week, and crashed choppers ~ 3 days. After about 2 1/2 weeks of play on a home server gearing up is easy, and once you memorize the map you can easily predict where choppers might be, vehicle spawns, and even campsites. After about a month of mod play you know how/where vehicles respawn when blown up, see the signs of a hacker, and to stash things in multiple sites across the map. I learned everything the *hard way*, server hopping the Elektro/Cherno Sniper hills is just as bad as doing it for the NWAF or intentionally duping items.

I had no idea what that meant either. tl;dr and then people have the idiocy skills to post about something they have already said they didn't read? lol

These interwebs be makin' folk more stupid every day. How hard is it to read a paragraph or two? lol

As to the OP, I've geared up in the South and gone North and both are becomming much faster. I think part of it is having played the game for several months, along with a few hundred thousand others who have done the same, the "spots" to go to get gear fast are well known and I'm used to making my way around the map now without a map and compass.

Familiarity speeds up gear up.

Here's some advice, don't even bother heading up north to gear up anymore. Duping/hacking/general-cheating has become so rampant lately that you can pretty much follow a completely different playstyle than the typical one of the past, and have much better success rates in terms of acquiring good loot.

Previously, the typical process for gearing up was this: Start in Cherno/Elektro, loot all the residential pubs and supermarkets, and get some starter loot. After you have some basic supplies and maybe a enfield/winchester, head up north to Stary or the Airfield where you can get some military-grade equipment. Eventually, you'd become fully geared by looting the barracks, occasionally killing a player, and maybe finding that lucky downed chopper.

Nowadays, you can become armed to the teeth with all the best gear in a fraction of the time. Start in Elektro/Cherno again, gain some starter loot like usual, but here's the difference: Don't even bother heading up north. Join a populated server(25-40 people), and look around for some camping snipers around the cities. Odds are you'll come across one eventually, so just sneak up on him and take him out. And what does he have? AS50, L85, NVG's, RF, etc. You'd be surprised how many snipers just camp around the big towns fully geared taking out the newly spawns, but are as dumb as a brick.

I've done this for the past couple weeks now, and it's incredibly easy and successful. You gain all the good loot in 10% of the time compared to heading up north, with less risk involved. Just yesterday I died while looting the NE airfield and lost a ton of high tier equipment, but within 2 hours, I was able to regain all that gear and then some by just killing the snipers around the major cities. It's almost depressing how prevalent these types of high tier equipment are in Chernarus, and how easy they are to obtain. With all the other players out there with 50 cal's and thermal, this is really the only way to keep up with the competition. Hopefully duping/hacking will be fixed and the hive will be wiped clean, so we can all start fresh and acquire loot in a more fair way.

tl;dr-

Kill camping snipers around Cherno/Elektro, get amazing loot in no time

Why kill people when you can just find their tents?

There is zero challenge in the game with little to no effort involved in getting gear. Ontop of that, there's no point at all in tryign to survive.