Sign in to follow this  
bad_mojo (DayZ)

What makes you kill?

What does it take for you to end someones life in DayZ? Are you the type to shoot on sight? Do you wait to see a weapon? Do you wait for them to notice you?

What are your rules of engagement?

Kill on sight. I hang out in the north-western areas of the map so most new players don't make it up that far. Which means that anyone who I see is fair game.

Why do I do this? For fun. When you get most of the loot in the game and have done pretty much everything else, you'll realize why too.

Same as above. Get north and then aim to thrive, not just survive. means killing everything on sight. They may not be an immediate threat, but they could be later on.

Shoot on sight if they have a weapon.

Why? Pretty simple, thats whate everyone else is doing so I'm not going to lose everything I've gained because somebody wants to kill/injure me for fun.

Wish it were different but Rocket seems to be very pro hacker and griefer with his changes to the mod so until then...everyone dies unless they are new spawn.

Edited by jblackrupert

Shoot on sight unless he/she is a fresh spawn. Then I befriend and/or mess with them.

I kill everyone on sight except my buddies. Why? Because: they can't kill me if I kill them first (even unarmed people can be dangerous they can either have an axe or weapon in their backpack or they can rely your position to their friends who do have a gun), I get to take all your things (maybe you don't have something I need, but hell, it's just few bullets not loosing much), it's fun to kill people, I'm not looking for more friends in dayz.

There is not a single reason why I shouldn't shoot you except making sound.

Shoot on sight

Golden rule for me now, when I started out I was being nice I helped people get to certain loot locations,gave them blood,supplies if they needed them even helped them kill other players shooting at them. My reasons for my Golden Rule

1. I had a DMR/M9 SD saw an unarmed player running from zeds he went into a building and went up the stairs (bad idea) there was no other exit but the stairs the zeds were coming up on. I ran in to help him and told him to stay back and I was killing the zeds, I turn to look at him and he had an axe. He took 2 swings at me and I died.

2. I was in a fire station saw a player with a mak ran in, he said friendly so I was okay. I asked him if he needed blood or supplies and told him what loot where around the fire station since I just got done checking them. I went to the door to close it he took aim at my head and fired.

3. Players who chat "they give up just don't kill them or I need blood i won't kill you if you help me" are just baiting you don't fall for it. I did once

4. Players with vehicles are just picking you up to use you to run into cities for supplies they're low on or pick up everyone they see and take them to their (fake camps) line you up and shoot everyone they picked up (brother fell for that one) I ended up killing all of them the next day when they tried that trick again on my brother.

5. Other players have experienced this so they aren't likely to trust you either and will shoot at you on sight or run away and find a gun to shoot you.

if you do happen to find someone that is "friendly" don't turn your back at them and keep eyes on them. They might just be waiting for you to look away while they aim for your head.

Side note don't run up to an unarmed player, they can open your backpack and start taking stuff with out you knowing.

I shoot on sight regardless of what they have

Edited by JuRaii

Kill bandits. Kill anyone in a ghillie. Kill any threat. If I have a choice and none of the above apply I let them enjoy their night.

It usually depends on the situation. If I get bored I'll go kill some kiddies in Cherno or go to Electro and counter-snipe. If I find someone farming loot and such I usually like to mess around with them. If I don't want to kill someone I also find it hilarious to shoot at their feet and watch them combat log, and then continue to laugh as they get banned from the server.

Usually KOS, but I manage to avoid others most of the time. Just wish I didn't have to, because making friends in this game can be really fun.

Me and my friend found a guy at NWAF, and we teamed up with him and had a good time. He never turned on us or anything after we began talking. Hell, I even saved his life by dragging him out of the fire station, through the zombie horde, and to shelter where i revived him and gave blood. We let him have a fair share of the loot, and he even got a Coyote Backpack when we found it. The three of us ran out of food and meds, fled north, and nearly starved.

I even volunteered to go to Vybor for food, just to save him. Too bad he got killed, and my friend was severely injured when they went to scavenge Grishino after I left for Vybor.

Take into note I've been playing for only a couple weeks. But the only times I've died to other players was to snipers that I couldn't see. Nearly all the players I've actually interacted with have been wary, but we'd have a short conversation, and go our separate ways. Even two guys with bandit skins at NW Airport. Just yesterday I had a new spawn give me a transfusion, and sent him off with some smoke grenades for his trouble. Call bullshit, or whatever, but I haven't been given a real reason to KOS myself yet

• Like 1

KoS, it's in the game so why not do it. Been online gaming for 18 years now and always enjoyed PvP. It's kill or be killed, only the strongest and lil combat logging kids survive.

If you have a bandit skin, I shoot on sight. Otherwise, I won't kill you unless you're headed in my direction or the direction that I plan on going next.

I will only kill when fired upon directly. If you shoot at my feet in front of me, I will not shoot you. If I take a hit, I will open fire. This may change to "fire in my direction and I will open fire."

Too many people play like their character is the only they'll ever have. Looting for fresh weaponry is part of the joy of the game for me... same reason I don't steal from others' tents.

Morality, for me, cannot be removed when I'm online. I will play online like I'd live in real life; I never want to take life but will if someone initiates force against me. If I wanted PvP, I'd go play BF2 or CS:S.

I am one of the people who enjoys living in the wilderness and only venturing into town when I cannot find any more animals to kill.

Edited by Steve.C
  • Like 1

For me:

-Bandit Skin, I will shoot you.

-I will ignore you unless you talk to me or salute.

-Shoot me, I dont go down before I shoot alot of bullets in your direction.

My ROE.

Regards

Designidea