caddrel

Top 3 Bugs you want fixed, Top 3 Features you want added

Bugs:

1) Logging in/out abuse (server hopping, alt-F4ing, etc.)

2) Free ammo refills on relog (makes ammo last forever)

3) Inventory system (items being lost, duping, etc,)

Features:

1) Revamped ammo system (magazines and ammo separate, random spawns instead of always 20/30 rounds in a mag that spawns; shotguns shouldn't use magazine type ammo; ammo should be harder to get)

2) A respawn timer tied to your humanity (will make players, especially bandits, actually care about dieing when they have starter gear. Right now after you die, people don't care about survival until they get good gear. Bandits use this to play DM in the mod.)

3) A redone hunger/health system (your hunger pool will be much larger, will take multiple units of food to fill back up. Right now if you stop playing for 2 days, all you have to do is log in and eat 1 can and you're fine. Having varying amounts of hunger and starvation that require more food than currently is needed. Health gained from food is now gained for overeating, that is eating food when you are at 100% food, and a limit to how much you can overeat. A small blood regen when below a certain level of blood, say 4 or 6 thousand, something like 400 blood an hour.)

1: Tents placement " Be nice to hide it in woods "

2: D/C

3: Farming/Duping/Hacking " Server jumping "

Features

1: Attachable flashlights " Can be used on all weaponry need to find tape or rubberbands for it to be attached " Will make alot of players want to play at night, more fun.

2: Consequence for your actions eg:

" Chance of falling over if you alert to many Zs "

" Kiling players at spawn-points for no reason blood loss " This is making the game suck for some players.

" Disconnect during firefight blood loss + log back in with starter gear "

so all the i'm a hardass i've the best gear dont D/C.

" Killing on sight "?????? Hard one to call.

3: Make automatic weapons spawn less, aswel as ammo.

BUGs:

1. Character connection / authentication

2. Zombie respawn rate.

3. Zeds hitting through walls.

Features:

1. Reserved slots for server owners

2. Print to Global

3. Progress system for not killing players

Many of the mentioned "bugs" are actually no bugs at all...just annoying features.

Bugs:

1. physics (zombies/players clipping through walls, random terrain & player collision damage, having to squeeze through doors, vehicles exploding easily)

2. d/c abuse (server hopping for loot/teleportation, d/c'ing to avoid death)

3. erratic corpse despawns (sometimes seconds after an ally dies his corpse disappears, I can't get his stuff; same with people I've just killed)

Features

1. Friend list: (a) tags on mouse-over for people I trust (b) rate players on a scale of bandit to friendly; color code "P" menu and side-chat usernames based on ratings from friends and friends of friends (red,orange,yellow,green?)

2. spawn drifting zombie hordes as opposed (or in addition) to static zombie spawns in cities (too easy to plan around). I'd rather have more concentrated zombies; even if we encounter zombies less often, the chance of encountering a HORDE will keep players on their toes. Right now the only threat zombies offer is that you have to shoot them and alert players of your presence (still a useful role to play, but not very scary)

3. Operational buildings & power plants. Dynamic interactions with random players in order to get buildings running and acquire loot (ie. group A secures factory, group B secures power plant, A must negotiate with B to get factory to produce ammo) Could apply to gas stations, street lights, etc.

1. 'Retrying to Authenticate' bug

2. Zombies hitting through walls, walking through doors

3. People standing there, not moving, that are dead

1. Random world events

2. More weather

3. More common vehicles

Bugs:

1. Spawning in debug forest (Has happened 8 times to me)

2. Breaking legs on stupid things.

3. Disappearing items when switching between gear.

Features:

1. More base building

2. Different types of zombies (Like L4D, etc)

3. Disconnect timer

bug - no bicycles

fix- add bicycles

i mean, its 220km.... i can find and repair a chopper, but i cant find a working huffy? :-)

My top three issues to be fixed.

1.) Fix the zombies being bugged. Right now they can walk through falls and float up to the top of buildings. Part of a survival game is being able outwit the zombies, hide, etc. I am sure we have all died one time or another from a zombie going through a wall, fence, etc and killing you.

2.) Fix the low FPS and server lag issues. Connecting to the servers should be seamless and painless. It's frustrating when you get stuck at the load screen or it's just hung and never connects. Once you do get into the game, getting under 30 FPS and then seeing over time that it comes to a crawling halt. It appears to be a memory leak, the mod, or Arma is not using all the CPU power etc. Yes, I have a modern day PC and internet with a good connection.

3.) Add melee weapons! You can pick up both a knife and axe but not use them to kill zombies, WTF?!!?!?!? Hell in real life you would even use your fists if you were ammo and not just sit there and take ti while the zombies eat you.

Bugs

1. Something to fix any d/c exploits such as server hopping and d/c to avoid death.

2. Fixing zeds attacking and warping through walls would be nice.

3. Even though I haven't experienced it myself, something should be done about the hacking if possible. It sounds like a lot of people have been dealing with hacking lately.

Features

1. More clothing. The camo and ghillie suits are awesome, but I would like some more cosmetic and civilian outfits. Players playing together could identify each other by what they wear and it would create more diversity in the way players look.

2. I would like to see ammo and maybe food spawns reduced at least a tiny bit. As is I don't have to worry about ammo as much as I would like to.

3. Zeds outside of towns/cities. I think they should not be as common, but having roaming groups or at least a few spread out every now and then would keep players on their toes. Also, it would make identifying other survivors or bandits more difficult. You can spot someone and know that they are a player for sure in a lot of places. This would make those kinds of situations more tense.

Fix:

1. Tents (stuff disappearing and duping hacks)

2. Huey fuel leak

3. Zombie pathing

Features:

1. More barricading options (barbed/constatine wire is not enough and does not work) a place to call or make home

2. Add something in the treelines that can harm players other than snipers...lions, tigers, and bears, oh my.

3. Eliminate death, connecting, disconnecting notices. We don't need to know who died or who disconnected avoiding/dodging death. If you are alone, you are all that matters, if you are partnered up, then all that matters is the person to the left and right of you.

Bugs:

1. Spawning in debug forest (Has happened 8 times to me)

"debug forest" is just west of pavlovo. It's not some magical fairy land you can't escape.

1. DESYNC ISSUES FIXED

2. DESYNC ISSUES FIXED

3. DESYNC ISSUES FIXED

1. IMPROVED NET CODE

2. IMPROVED NET CODE

3. IMPROVED NET CODE

that orta do it

then ramp up the zombies so theres random spawns in the woods.. would be nice to see 2000+ zombie count

I would like to see a 60 second spawn protection... just so that you can log in and not get killed before everything even renders. :p

2. Print to Global

I don't think anything should be posted, you should not be able to know whether someone died, even more so who killed them, you wouldn't know anyway - So I'd suggest to remove the death announcments, but only in chat, keep them in the server log.

Bugs/Fixes

1. Zombies hitting through walls.

2. Players disconnecting to avoid death.

3. Zombie pathing (the zig-zag running pattern).

Features

1.Being able to build an outpost/settlement/cabin, a place to call home.It would be pretty neat.

2.Moar character customization (outfits, skins and whatnot). Being able to customize your character will add a lot to the role playing aspect of the game!

3.I believe nobody has mentioned it, but more music tracks would be awesome!! More ambient songs, 28 days later style and some heavy, face-smashing-badass-atmospheric tracks would fit the fucked up apocalyptic world like a glove! As a musician, I'm more than willing to write music for this piece of art game! Just say the word! :)

bugs:

1 desync issue/connection errors

2 logging out to avoid death (only after desync is fixed)

3 zombies hitting and detecting through walls

features:

1 being able to move while switching weapons (getting chased by a bunch of zombies? no worries with switch -o-rama you can now switch on the fly!)

2 custom skins (hell for all i care you sell em like lol does)

3 weapon customization

4 homebase? :)

Bugs

1.- zombies teleporting/spawning infront of you

2.- zombies being like ghost going through walls

3.- desync, holy desync!!

Features:

1.- start with the construction stuff

2.- some objectives? clues? mysteries? (Like the Green Mountain Radio)

3.- more weapons, more diversity, and get the winny like IRL

Bugs:

1. Zombies going through walls.

2. Zombies acting spastic, like jump crazy forward into you, and teleporting.

3. The monkey zombies not alerting even though you are 10-20 meter behind them, and crouch walking.

Features:

1. More building/fortification

2. More vehicles/weapons/melee weapons/skins

2. More lootable buildings

Fix:

Zombies: make them move in a realistic fashion and stop them glitching.

Gear: stop it vanishing, especially when swimming.

Environmental glitches: Please stop rocks from killing me.

Improve:

Zombies. Make them hit harder (only if their movement is fixed) and make them more variable (speed, spotting distance, hit points). Possibly up their numbers a bit but thats secondary.

'End game' content. Heavily armed NPCs, fortifiable structures, anything that gives a long term reason for avoiding the coastal beanwars.

Starting equipment. Make it selectable, I would give all but 1 of my makarov mags to start with a compass so that I could avoid Cherno entirely.

Bugs:

1.) Extremely small hit-boxes for items.

- You have to find that sweet-spot before you can open doors, take/loot that backpack, etc. So many times have I said "fuck this" because I was taking too long and putting myself in harms way.

2.) Zombie pathing.

- They run away from you at super speeds and then turn on a time, zig-zagging back and forth.

3.) Vanishing items.

- Sometimes when you switch items out of your inventory with something on the ground the item you placed vanishes.

Features:

1.) Groups.

- Not necessarily a UI interactive party system, but an option to respawn next to/near my friend.

I would like to see a 60 second spawn protection... just so that you can log in and not get killed before everything even renders. :p

I would like this as my #4 :)