RiggsUK

Ban under 18s and third party programs from the standalone

I am 14. I scream over my noisy, clippy mic whenever I see any type of movement.

unmad?

Joking aside, good troll. I would say 7/10

All i can say to that is hurry up with Whack OPs 2. So you can all do one and blame another game for your failed exams.

"Well... ok. But only if you will clean your room."

LOL i've been married for almost 50 years so she does that while i'm gaming.

Thanks for the approval.

• Like 2

Ok lol seriously dude, do you really think you could weed out the use of 3rd party programs for communication? Ofc not, everybody use stuff like that if you aren't playing solo. On the other hand have you ever heard about radios? Also that doesn't mean players should hear you if u are talking into a microphone you really don't have to shout.... I think I made my point, I mean It's okay you think that this game is meant for solo play but It's definitely more enjoyable with friends and without TS or ventrilo it would be impossible to do so. Even with something like that it's hard to coordinate 5+ players.

You should be more worried about thermal vision scopes than god damn communication. An other solution would be to get some friends or join a clan. I find it awfully retarded to cry over 3rd party communication as it exists in every online game...

Of course I cant force random people not to use 3rd party crap. Only serious tactical clans in Arma2 put such restrictions on themselves to get more immersion from the game. But telling people that by using 3rd party communication software they dont put anyone on disadvantage is pure shit.

On the other hand have you ever heard about radios

I've been using some in the military and you get one of these per team, "dude".

Edited by void_false

I think it's very ironic how you presented your suggestion and highly doubt that you are in fact 33, I have met middle schoolers who are more articulated and intelligent than you.

You were once a kid too, food for thought.

there are plenty of good kids out there to game with. I'm 21 but I started playing PS2 online back when I was 13. We were all there once (actually, you're too old to understand how playing online as a kid is). What's worse than annoying kids? Old farts on their high horses.

With school starting back up, a lot of them won't be on as much. I myself will be starting college at the ripe old age of 23, and won't be on as much either. Someone suggested on another thread that the daily player count going down rapidly was because of school, and I agree. Like it or not Age restrictions on video games do almost nothing; my brother in law plays Gears of War with my 3 year old niece :/. I don't agree with that, but there' nothing I can do as he is on the other side of the country. Kids nowadays, boys and girls, grow up with constant online media exposure, which I personally didn't have before I was 16. They play Wii, Call of Duty, Iphone games, and Facebook when they're not doing the previous things. Like it or not, younger and younger gamers will invade the "mature" market for ANY FPS, and to an extent, RPGs. Certain games like The Witcher 2 will always have a primarily mature market, as its content just isn't desirable to 13 year olds, even if there are boobs. Any and all FPS' have a strong immature community because of the social media barrage they grew up on; they love multiplayer and playing with friends, and CoD. BF3, Gears of War, and many more cater to that fact. ARMA II's non hacking community is fairly mature to most FPS overall, even for the younger folks. And lets face it, we all do stupid shit in game.... I stuck a bus in the Cherno Fire station, blocked it with a tank trap, and watched the carnage. 24 hours later the Bus had made it to the train tracks and was immobile. I wonder how many people died trying to get that damn bus....

Great idea, you are a genius, why has nobody thought of this before?

....so, how are you going to keep these kids out?

So you're 33 years old and bitching here about 12 year olds? Please, get a fucking job.

• Like 1

I just got vaginal warts from this thread.

OP you have alot more in common with those you put down. Maby you should try setting an example to live by for younger generations instead of proving you are more then likely cut from the same discolored cloth you have so poorly tried to shit all over our forums. I would Have to say grow up, next time some mean kid kills you and eats your beans try to take a breath and think before you blast some ignorant hateful gibberish that make you look the fool.

Kids should definitely not be allowed to play Dayz. They should be banned from supermarkets, Burger King, EB stores, petrol stations and any other public place I may have the chance to come across them. Also, any parents that let their children use a microphone should be sterilised.

I will be running for Malevolent and Dictatorial (MaD) Leader of the world, soon after my zombie virus infects most of you. I hope that I can rely on your support, if not, meh, I will have you killed.

• Like 1

Ideally, there should be comms built in but it's just easier to tell people they can use teamspeak than try to deal with thousands of voice comm issues.

• Like 1

So you're asking Rocket/Bohemia to ban two things that (as far as I know) have never been successfully banned in any game ever? Cool story bro.

I have played with several kids and I have had no problems in this game. I disagree with the OP.

I'm not saying i'm better in any way, i'm saying there's an age limit on games for a reason. In this day and age especially, we should try and preserve our children's childhoods as much as we can. The game industry knows that sex and violence sells and it's mature games are being played by consumers way under the specified age limit, yet they don't care as it's making them money. Why cant they only accept the users credit card and not the parent or guardians for a subscription or something. pre-paid cards would need proof of age to purchase. Not enough emphasis is put on the fact these games are not for kids and are actually damaging to them. I'll also add that kids have yet to grow a conscience and will blow your truck up, flatten your tents, teleport you into the sky with sadistic glee. is that what you want? So if i do hear a child on this game, bandit or not i'm gonna shoot them outright just so they play less. It's my civic duty after all.

Hello, just a little known fact for you all.

If DayZ commander and Six Launcher didn't exsist neither would hackers to a large degree.

If this game could only run through Steam, all hackers would be banned and there would be none whatsoever - minus the private hacks that will always be there.

Basically, if your steam cd-key gets banned, you can't purchase a new one for that account.

Though I suppose you could just make a new account.

Hmm.

Oh well, hopefully Rocket decides to charge 60 a copy, then the kiddies won't be able to afford to continually buy new keys.

Seems like too many kids are on this game instead of out climbing trees having apple fights, 2 worst things in the world are warm beer and cheeky kids. I'm 33, i dont want to play with or talk to these little shits. Especially not on an 18 game that's meant to be cruel and harrowing. f'that. Surely they've got Barbie horse adventures to finish or whatever other shite they play. Y'think your that Yoda dont you, playing with your lightsaber all day. Twat farm graduates. Also im not into ppl having an advantage using skype/teamspeak/ventrillo or even twatter. i think any third party programs should get you banned or at the least a 2 day ban. You know who you are and you all suck. So please do something about the legions of baldsacks roaming chernarus, squeaking my headset up.

Yeah neither of those things will happen, and you talk less maturely them most kids I know.

Good attempt at trolling.

However I do feel someone most likely truely does feel the same as the main post and really that's kinda sad. I know if under 18 yr olds were not allowed, my group would shrink from 9 to 3/4. Now banning 3rd party apps would also make coordinating anything out of a hassle than it already is.(however I'm all for dayz to always be listening to you mic while in-game.)

For once, I'm actually literally unsure whether OP is trolling or just fucking retarded.