Timmie3054

Are the AS50 and m107 going to be in the standalone?

I would rather not see these in the standalone. Even if they are extremely rare. These guns are supposed to be extremely rare in the mod right now. But it seems there is always 5+ people on every server who has one.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Edited by caseymc

Why would removing the best weapons from the game make fewer people have the best weapon?

You should argue for fixing the bugs and improving the balance of certain weapons.

Even if you believe that realism is more important than balance, how long do you think that a delicately tuned scope is going to last in the post apocalyptic future? I would wager not that long, and scope decay could be implemented if the weapon's prevalence is still a problem after the bugs are fixed.

What I am trying to say is that no matter what weapons you don't include or remove, there is going to be a new best weapon that everyone wants to have unless there are a lot of mitigating balancing factors.(IE, scope breaking or something similar as I mentioned before.)

Edited by GenTronSeven
  • Like 1

Perhaps you should continue one of the other discussions that are currently ongoing about this very topic right here on the GD front page?

I want more snipers in the standalone..

give the CheyTac please.

and ooh can we have an LSW for british thrills?

ooh and the BREN! let's not forget the bren. we need more 7.62mm guns

And a argument over these guns resulting in 3-4 pages of nothing will start in 3....2...1...

Its in the mod and i hope its in standalone to, deal with it. If you don't like getting shot with it get one yourself since its so easy to find, i personally prefer m24 or SVD to any .50 cal /thread

Edited by HighPiez

really 90 % complaining about these weapons were shot in cheron or elektro and these stupid kids continue going there.

if you dont like to be sniped go up north and go onto a server were you cant delete trees and buildings. if you dont do that well your fault. not the fault of a weapon

Only reason so many people have them is because of hacking and duping, we've been over this. Also, getting shot with an M24 hurts almost as much as a .50 Cal. You're still dead either way.

"Are the AS50 and m107 going to be in the standalone?"

...why not??

As someone in a different threat stated: it's time for a complete reset of all the stats, vehicles, weapons and tents. But first they need to address the duping issue. After all that AS50, M107, SVD Camo and other very rare items will be rare again.

They don't need to remove any weapon from the game, they just have to add more different types. I bet you that if the duping and hacking is fixed in the standalone, this weapons will be rare as fu***

As long as server hoppers and other military loot exploiters are dealt with in the full game, it's pretty balanced.

Because I doubt any of these "hardcore clans & groups" have gotten the weapons without exploits and hacks. If this was fixed, only one guy would have a 50 cal and barely any ammo for it.

Edited by Sutinen

Only reason so many people have them is because of hacking and duping, we've been over this. Also, getting shot with an M24 hurts almost as much as a .50 Cal. You're still dead either way.

"Most people have them because of hacking and duping" well it's not that hard to get them, just find a chopper (which in my in opinion are way to common) or shoot someone with one, our group right now we have 3 I'm over using them there the most common sniper in the game.

The 1shot kill sniper rifles are a problem only because of duping and inventory editing. That's the real problem and you won't have it in standalone. These guns are going to be extremely rare and so will ammo for them. Nobody's gonna go waste extra rare bullets on some freshspawns on the coast.

Actually they are a problem because they are poorly implemented, these things are massive and yet we can jog with them or toss them into a back pack, fire them standing with pretty good accuracy, etc. this problem is only worsened by the dupeing, if they are in stand alone i hope they are implemented way more believably because its silly watching a dude jog with these and quickscope.

I agree that they are poorly implemented. Still, they are supposed to be so rare that even if horribly OP they shouldn't be much problem.

Actually they are a problem because they are poorly implemented, these things are massive and yet we can jog with them or toss them into a back pack, fire them standing with pretty good accuracy, etc.

Like this?

I hope this guns will be as rare as helicopter, meaning 1 per server (:

Rocket made Winchester, double-barrel and crossbow for a reason. Anybody using this? No, because there's military shit all over the place. Anybody using road flares or chemlights? No, because there are NVGs that should be decreased to 1 per server too.

Far too many military grade weaps at the moment. Rocket needs to make these as rare as panda spunk.

90% of PvP battles should have to be with farm rifles/shotguns, with players havng a miniscule chance picking up something which is effective over long range. That way battles stay long, tense and tactical. Kills become a real achievement and good gear is worth getting totally paranoid about losing. As i have said before, players get a chance to disengage from a battle or pass within 300 yards of an enemy knowing that they have a decent chance of survival unless the shooter is a crack shot.

More realistic. more fun. (except for the CoD kids.. oh well)

Edited by kander

If only it was like that - how long did it take to shoot each round?

Okay, so now it's rate of fire that's the problem? Not standing accuracy? Geez, talk about a moving target...

The AS50 can fire 5 rounds every 1.6 seconds. It takes a moment to reacquire a sight picture, which is true in the game as well when you're standing or crouched. Rapid fire is only really possible prone (in RL and in DayZ).

Far too many military grade weaps at the moment. Rocket needs to make these as rare as panda spunk.

90% of PvP battles should have to be with farm rifles/shotguns, with players havng a miniscule chance picking up something which is effective over long range. That way battles stay long, tense and tactical. Kills become a real achievement and good gear is worth getting totally paranoid about losing. As i have said before, players get a chance to disengage from a battle or pass within 300 yards of an enemy knowing that they have a decent chance of survival unless the shooter is a crack shot.

More realistic. more fun. (except for the CoD kids.. oh well)

Going to point out I've seen people taking out zombies accurately at 400 meters with the dinnerbell while those zombies were feasting over a friend and I was moving in to get in to bandage and drag him out of there. So that really wouldn't change things...

More to the point...Military weapons don't make engagements longer than 300 meters. Its the sniper rifles that make the engagement ranges generally longer. And really its not that hard to find a CZ550 and learn how to use it, and thats not a military weapon.

Going to point out I've seen people taking out zombies accurately at 400 meters with the dinnerbell while those zombies were feasting over a friend and I was moving in to get in to bandage and drag him out of there. So that really wouldn't change things...

More to the point...Military weapons don't make engagements longer than 300 meters. Its the sniper rifles that make the engagement ranges generally longer. And really its not that hard to find a CZ550 and learn how to use it, and thats not a military weapon.

Absolutely fair point, however - miss your first shot with the dinner bell, which you are likely to do especially against a fast-moving survivor, and you've got a real fight on your hands. Especially against an opponent who is similarly armed.

Yeah, TBH I'd class the CZ500 as military loot for the purposes of this argument. Can be deadly at very long range, not hard to learn how to use it either. But for the most part the more 'military' the weapon, the best balance it will have between RoF, damage and accuracy. I'd rather have an FN FAL in a fight than an Enfield or AK (yes the AK is military but it is pretty basic). My argument is that the AK should be pretty much the best assualt rifle it's possible to get, barring exceptional good fortune, as it will make killing much more of a challenge. Perhaps the CZ550 the best sniper with the same caveats.