Sign in to follow this  
duat

Why am I being punished?

Seeing as how I only able play this game during the night (here on the Pacific Coast of America) why am I being punished when I play?

The flashlight is a joke... it attracts every zombie within sight of it.

This game's night is so dark it begs for a gamma hack... err... I mean a full phase Moon.

Everytime I log into game I'm confronted with darkness and I'm rather sick of it so that's why I am beginning to feel "punished" for playing this game. Between the hackers and the perpetual darkness...

Are Server Admins permitted to adjust their server's time settings so that players can play during daylight hours despite it being nighttime at their true geographic location?

• Like 1

Too lazy to find some NV Goggles or find a server running a different time-zone?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Seeing as how I only able play this game during the night (here on the Pacific Coast of America) why am I being punished when I play?

The flashlight is a joke... it attracts every zombie within sight of it.

This game's night is so dark it begs for a gamma hack... err... I mean a full phase Moon.

Everytime I log into game I'm confronted with darkness and I'm rather sick of it so that's why I am beginning to feel "punished" for playing this game. Between the hackers and the perpetual darkness...

Are Server Admins permitted to adjust their server's time settings so that players can play during daylight hours despite it being nighttime at their true geographic location?

DayZ Commander shows you what time of day it is on the server, i.e. the lighting conditions.

Be set free from your "punishment" which I think is really just a bit of ignorance.

• Like 1

Ya, very true Bukethead. Unfortunately, I'm with a few others around here who can't seem to launch DayZ through DayZ Commander. We've yet to figure out the hangup.

Not lazy at all SmashT_AU, I've searched around and I've yet to find a daytime server for my playing time. Then again, I think I may have to adjust my ping filter settings because I've only been looking for servers with <100 ping. Maybe if I increase that I'll find some AU/UK servers to play on.

• Like 1

Turn your HDR to 'very high', crank your brightness all the way up and set your gamma somewhere between 1.2 and 1.5, whatever works. Night time can be fun! Had a good session with a player from here the other night, we both had ghillies on and kept losing each other. xD

If you really don't want to play at night then you can either find a time inverted US server or play on a server in a different time zone. I think aggro zombies are handled locally so lag shouldn't be an issue. Just avoid PvP like the plague if you're over 100 ping and everyone else is under 50.

Hahahahaha this is EXACTLY why I Iove games like this. The weak pussy ass generation of gamers that exist these days struggle to comprehend why they can't "win" at the first attempt. Go play Wii you dumb shit.

[user warned, 3 days PPS. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck
No personal insults please
  • Like 9

Hahahahaha this is EXACTLY why I Iove games like this. The weak pussy ass generation of gamers that exist these days struggle to comprehend why they can't "win" at the first attempt.

This, this, a million times this.

Everything has to be dumbed down these days and it kills me inside a little bit each time a game is destroyed in this way.

• Like 5

Yeah just boost gamma and brightness, nothing wrong with that. It's a normal video option and nobody should be whining about it.

And i have never heard that the flashlight attracts zombies. You can hold the light directly into their faces and nothing will happen. i guess, you just made some noise.

• Like 1

the flashlight attracts zombies? i've shined my light right in zombie's faces ( while prone ) and they all seem to ignore it, are you sure your not just making too much noise? and even with out dayz commander just search for a time zone that's currently daytime ( UTC -3/ GMT -3 )

night time is THE SHIT SON!

you can crouch walk slow within feet of the zombies w/o aggro, hearing them growl and make hier fucked up noises. then, when you come across other players and they cant/ dont see you , GAME ON!

fuck daytime

I love the dark! You're almost totally invisible to zeds and other players have a hard time seeing you. It's the best time to go looting.

Ya, very true Bukethead. Unfortunately, I'm with a few others around here who can't seem to launch DayZ through DayZ Commander. We've yet to figure out the hangup.

Not lazy at all SmashT_AU, I've searched around and I've yet to find a daytime server for my playing time. Then again, I think I may have to adjust my ping filter settings because I've only been looking for servers with <100 ping. Maybe if I increase that I'll find some AU/UK servers to play on.

Is there any reason why you can't use DayzCommander to find the daylight servers and then write down the name of the servers and launch them in whatever way you currently do?

• Like 1

Too lazy to find some NV Goggles?

Saying stuff like that, You look like a clueless duper with a tent full of shit on every hill.

NV Goggles are NOT common.

• Like 4

Saying stuff like that, You look like a clueless duper with a tent full of shit on every hill.

NV Goggles are NOT common.

Everything is common nowadays and no I don't dupe, but with the amount of people that do, hackers spawning in any item they want and no gear degradation system in place to counter loot inflation, nothing is hard to find, everyone in Cherno is fully kitted out nowadays. Hell, even guns that don't actually exist in the game are common.

Edited by smasht_AU

Love some of the posters who enter threads only to hurl personal insults.

I was talking about "darkness" and not insulting other players nor this game's developers. Take a chill pill haters.

I've found a server I can play on thankfully. My thanks goes out to those who suggested I check server times using DayZ Commander before logging into them. Although DayZ Commander server times are not always correct, most of the time they are. Thanks again.

• Like 2

I have eyesight problems in real life, so yeah... even though I actually prefer playing at night in this game since it is safer, it's difficult for me.

I'm lucky enough to have a computer that, when I adjust the gamma up all the way, makes the game look much like a black-and-white television. You could try that.

Also, if you use DayZ Commander to find (or just randomly find) a realm that is in the daytime, hit the letter "i" when you are in game... it will tell you your current server number so you can then let your friends know. If they go into the realm selection screen and hit the "filter" button, they can type in that number you give them and it will pull up the server you are on for them so they can join it.

Have fun! :D

• Like 2

I don't know wether to laugh or cry at this thread. Zombies are not attracted by light btw.

Best of luck, Roswet and welcome to dayz and the problems of alpha stage playing. :thumbsup:

Hi, Cindy. Good tip. Though on some screens the ingame gamma won't turn up. But as you say, if you can control it outside of the game it could be very helpful.

Edited by Sula

I have eyesight problems in real life, so yeah... even though I actually prefer playing at night in this game since it is safer, it's difficult for me.

I'm lucky enough to have a computer that, when I adjust the gamma up all the way, makes the game look much like a black-and-white television. You could try that.

Also, if you use DayZ Commander to find (or just randomly find) a realm that is in the daytime, hit the letter "i" when you are in game... it will tell you your current server number so you can then let your friends know. If they go into the realm selection screen and hit the "filter" button, they can type in that number you give them and it will pull up the server you are on for them so they can join it.

Have fun! :D

Love it how you say realm....

This, this, a million times this.

Everything has to be dumbed down these days and it kills me inside a little bit each time a game is destroyed in this way.

I second this.

If Zombies aren't attracted by light then how come they all spawn in and walk right at me?

Is this game coded so that player enter a zone and all the spawning in Zombies (or at least most of them) turn and walk right at the player's location? Sure seems like it... if, in fact, light doesn't attract zombies in this game. Furthermore, I've read several DayZ reviews (even an official one) that says Zombies are attracted to campfire light... and will move toward it to investigate it. So why wouldn't they be attracted to flashlights?

I think they are attracted to flashlights, and chemlights, and road flares... and all of that. It may not cause actual aggro, but like you say... they will wander over to investigate it, which makes it more likely they will aggro on you.