RooBurger

Met a hacker... and I pity him

I've told this story a couple of times on here, but it's relevant to this post.

Short version, I lost a nine day old character to a hacker. Next day, ran into a white hat hacker who after hearing my story of being nuked, spawned all new gear right into my own backpack without me asking (I had no idea he was a hacker half the time we played together, it only became apparent when I find the gear in my bag).

After which I told him that the items were not legit and that he should be counter hacking black hats.

I tried to get away from him saying i wanted a daytime server, so he turned on the sun. Then i admitted that it wasn't fun playing with someone with god like power, and at that he seemed upset and desperate to play with someone.

After logging out I spawned to a different server and burned all the loot i wasn't supposed to have keeping only the stuff i lost to the hacker the day before.

My point is, I too felt pity. Only because he seemed to want someone to play with and was a nice enough guy, and I had to "reject" his friendship due to the fact that he breaks the game, for fun.

• Like 3

I've told this story a couple of times on here, but it's relevant to this post.

Short version, I lost a nine day old character to a hacker. Next day, ran into a white hat hacker who after hearing my story of being nuked, spawned all new gear right into my own backpack without me asking (I had no idea he was a hacker half the time we played together, it only became apparent when I find the gear in my bag).

After which I told him that the items were not legit and that he should be counter hacking black hats.

I tried to get away from him saying i wanted a daytime server, so he turned on the sun. Then i admitted that it wasn't fun playing with someone with god like power, and at that he seemed upset and desperate to play with someone.

After logging out I spawned to a different server and burned all the loot i wasn't supposed to have keeping only the stuff i lost to the hacker the day before.

My point is, I too felt pity. Only because he seemed to want someone to play with and was a nice enough guy, and I had to "reject" his friendship due to the fact that he breaks the game, for fun.

NAIL ON THE MOTHERFUCKING HEAD.

I'm surprised at the responses I've had in this thread. A lot of people seem offended, angry and upset.

Did you make friends by spawning choppers for them?

haha good joke mate ;)

but really, don't even try to compare me to those low life script kiddies.

I've got no desire nor need to even bother hacking a multiplayer game.

and with me allot of hackers think the same.

most of us just hack for the challenge of getting into something or improving our skills.

most of us if we hack games do it to make the gamer harder not easier. (wich is yes if we're gonna be fair black hat)

and last but not least most of us don't bother making scripts for kiddies and adulties alike.

on a side not i am talking about white hat not black hat.

@Biohaze

i doubt it was a "hacker" it's probably just another scripter.

so don't throw the term black and white hat around when you don't know what they mean./

have a nice day

Edited by aru_azif

but really, don't even try to compare me to those low life script kiddies.

Of course, I'm only talking about people who cheat in this game, and I started this thread about one in particular.

Of course, I'm only talking about people who cheat in this game, and I started this thread about one in particular.

ofc i'll forget the spawning chopper part ^^

but really maybe start calling them skiddies ? instead of hackers ? would be nice thank you

@Biohaze

i doubt it was a "hacker" it's probably just another scripter.

so don't throw the term black and white hat around when you don't know what they mean./

have a nice day

oh come now Aru, I was using the terms loosely.

I DO know the difference between a scripter, a hacker, and how the terms white hat and black hat are used within actual hacking circles.

If my carelessness with the language so deeply offends you, you might want to try being less of an arrogant prick about it.

Good day to you too.

So I'm still playing this mod because I think it's my favourite game ever. I can't stop.

Nowadays I immediately shoot anyone I suspect of being a script kiddie, regardless of how nice they are. No sympathy any more.

Me and a friend were near Balota, hunting for those guys who like to camp there and kill fresh spawns. We were carefully creeping through trees and a couple of ghillie suits with AS50's appeared out of nowhere, claiming they were friendly. We talked to them for a minute, then coordinated our attack and killed them both. We ran some distance away, and about 5 min later these same guys appeared in front of us. I managed to say "We killed you before because we suspected you of being hackers, are you hackers?" before one replied "yes", "fuck you" and then we dropped dead without a shot being fired. I would have tried to kill them again but I knew they'd get us anyway.

Seems like about every second player these days has all the best gear. I just have to respawn, kill someone and bam, loaded up with gear again.

These cunts really fuck the game, can't wait for stand alone!

I once had a suspicious character give me an M9SD. It was my first ever silenced gun. I shot a few zombies to try it out but... it just didn't real right not having earned it. I ended up leaving it somewhere in a forest.

The end.

I've had hackers try to give me gear, it led to my death saying no to it lol

They're flooding the game with items which should be extremely rare. It begins to feel more like a standard shooter than a post-apocalyptic zombie survival simulation.

Idk, i was on a server with 2 hackers once, 1 hacker had an mp5 with explosive rounds who was destroying everyone in cherno, the other was teleporting to people along the coast and giving them w/e weapons they wanted.

Hackers willing to help the new spawns defend themselves, good on ya. Hackers nuking people and being all out faggots, go to hell.

Hackers willing to help the new spawns defend themselves, good on ya

Nope. I say go fuck yourselves. Man the fuck up and defend new spawns by hunting snipers who camp around spawn areas.

Seriously, all these kids are weak little bitches who can't stand the idea of losing.

Our Hack gives you the biggest advantage in DayZ. If you’re tired of dying over and over before even getting a weapon, it’s time to start winning.

With our ***, you’ll be able to gear up within minutes with full Item ESP and Tent ESP. Find other player’s stores of valuable items, and outfit yourself with everything you need to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Take down zombies with ease, and never be caught by surprise with zombie ESP. You’ll be able to raid the most high value zombie infested areas for weapons and items.

Take out players before they know what hit them with player ESP, no recoil, and no spread hacks. Kill players from hundreds of meters away with perfect accuracy, then loot their corpses. All with the best *** around.

Removed Vid relating to hack site.

Do not post anything leading to hacks.

Edited by Boneboys
see above

Someone invent a DayZ dating site... They've already got one for Christians and Blacks!

Get out.

Edited by Boneboys
bad

Someone invent a DayZ dating site... They've already got one for Christians and Blacks!

What?

Seriously ... everything you post is full of bullshit ...

I don't mean to sound self-aggrandizing as I have done it myself, but friendly hacking is the epitome of selflessness. In many cases (including mine), these "hackers" buy ArmA 2 just to play DayZ. For whatever reason, they decide to start scripting. They are risking their account / money in an attempt to help you and make the game more fun. I have only ever spawned weapons for players that ask for them, but I have flown up and down the coast in helicopters I spawned to give players rides to wherever they wanted to go. It isn't a plea for attention or thanks, I just like helping people, and "hacking" makes that much easier.

Helping people should involve you explaining how to mentally get into the game more so they can feel real feelings of joy, excitement, fear, etc. Its all taking place in your mind after all and you can hone your immersion to very high levels if you work on it.

When you give yourself or others an edge via a nice weapon,etc, you must realize that you are literally robbing the feeling of success and all the endorphins that go along with that from another person and giving to yourself.

• Like 1

I don't mean to sound self-aggrandizing as I have done it myself, but friendly hacking is the epitome of selflessness. In many cases (including mine), these "hackers" buy ArmA 2 just to play DayZ. For whatever reason, they decide to start scripting. They are risking their account / money in an attempt to help you and make the game more fun. I have only ever spawned weapons for players that ask for them, but I have flown up and down the coast in helicopters I spawned to give players rides to wherever they wanted to go. It isn't a plea for attention or thanks, I just like helping people, and "hacking" makes that much easier.

Buuuuuuulllshit.

If you want to fly a helicopter to help people, fix one. If you think it's more fun to spawn everything and play with it, don't play DayZ. Play ARMA or COD or Counter Strike. You're dismantling the challenges which make this game such an incredible experience. By spawning rare items you diminish their significance almost completely. You're undoing the dynamics of the mod itself, and putting those who choose not to cheat at a massive disadvantage.

You think you're being a hero, but in reality you're being a pussy.

• Like 1

Helping people should involve you explaining how to mentally get into the game more so they can feel real feelings of joy, excitement, fear, etc. Its all taking place in your mind after all and you can hone your immersion to very high levels if you work on it.

When you give yourself or others an edge via a nice weapon,etc, you must realize that you are literally robbing the feeling of success and all the endorphins that go along with that from another person and giving to yourself.

I don't need that immersion, I am not a hardcore player of this mod. I have no interest in building up a character, only to have it destroyed by malicious "hackers" or some sniper that picks me off while I am fixing a grounded helicopter. That can be your playstyle, but it is not mine, and it is foolish to assert that yours is the only way to play and enjoy this mod. I get the same feeling of success and pleasure from beating the anti-cheat system plus helping other players.

Buuuuuuulllshit.

If you want to fly a helicopter to help people, fix one. If you think it's more fun to spawn everything and play with it, don't play DayZ. Play ARMA or COD or Counter Strike. You're dismantling the challenges which make this game such an incredible experience. By spawning rare items you diminish their significance almost completely. You're undoing the dynamics of the mod itself, and putting those who choose not to cheat at a massive disadvantage.

You think you're being a hero, but in reality you're being a pussy.

Same thing as above, essentially. Especially the part about playstyles, or in this case, completely avoiding intended playstyles and making my own. I'm not going to waste my time with parts of the game I'm not really interested in, mainly the getting sniped after I spend days fixing a helicopter. There are parts of this mod that I really like, and that is why I still play it in my own way. Neither I nor any other "hacker" will just "go play another game" because we play differently from the way you think is correct. Also, I don't think I'm a hero. I don't think I'm anything other than a player that is playing his own way while actively trying to help others.

As I stated, I only give weapons and / or items to those that ask for them, my only other function is to provide transport. It is also important to note that it is not particularly important to me whether or not others consider the way I play to be "right". I'll continue to spawn my helicopters and provide transport and items to newbs on the coast, and I won't force things on people like you. I know that posting my opinion is one looked down upon by those that frequent these forums, and bias will be almost entirely against people like me, but that's the consequence of getting involved, I suppose.

Edited by Wolf_359

Cheating is not a "playstyle", it's cheating. You're not playing it your own way, you're breaking the game. I'm not forcing people to play my way, you're forcing your bullshit on me by flooding the game with "rare" items and removing any challenges for people you come across. You're destroying what makes this game remarkable.

• Like 3

I think that after shoting everyone on sight, it's quite faire anyone tries to behave exactly how the game should be played: survivors helping other survivors.

Once my duppers team (we all have the same loadout with ghillie, AS50 TWS, M9SD, and all the complete gear) wason the rooftop of a building in Cherno.

Then a lone survivor tries to come on the rooftop, he had no gear.

We did not try to kill him, instead he came and lied with us, waiting god knows what.

I spoke to him a bit, it seems he was enjoying watching us sniping the noobs @ cherno, or maybe he just waited that we all died.

We gave him a M9SD, and he did not use it to kill us (instead he was looking through the floor).

We still were worried of this guy being in our back, and I told him that he should move on, to do his "survivor stuff". But before he moved on, I gave him a ghillie suit in his backpack.

Yeah, duping/cheating is lame, but that is not what matters. What matters is what you do, not what you got.

That guy was a hacker, and he did not yell it to you. He kept it silent. He tried to help you.

Like it or not, it was worth your time enough to spend time with him AND to make a post on these forums.

Edited by Thadeum

The first time I found an AS50, I was excited. Even got a friend to log into the server so they could check it out. Not long after, I moved into an exposed position and got killed without getting a chance to use it. My mistake, and It was a cool moment regardless.

Last night I was playing on a server which was getting hacked pretty heavily. I died a few times, mostly due to hackers. But within about 5 or 10 minutes of spawning, I had most of the best gear every time. Either I'd find a tent or complete vehicle fully loaded, or kill someone and they'd have everything on them.

Looking at my gear now, and I have no idea what is legit and what isn't. I have a DMR, night vision, GPS, all kinds of stuff taken from people I killed. Seems like everyone has an AS50 and a ghillie suit. There are more AS50's than Enfields these days.

For a while I thought, maybe I should just not use these rare items. I have no way to tell if an item is legit or not. But most other people seem to have this stuff, so I'm putting myself at a disadvantage. So I use them, and now these things have no significance. That excitement and sense of achievement is gone. There is no challenge for food or water. Zombies pose no threat. Because of hackers, It has become Counter Strike with a 15 minute wait between respawns.

Script kiddies are either precious snowflakes who can't handle the pain of defeat, or lonely people who bribe others for affection.