Sign in to follow this  
daspope

To those who look down on bandits/pvp...

What do you do to make the game fun? honestly? After a week, zombies pose no threat, gearing up is a snap, and you can live in the woods indefinitely...

if I wanted to log in, sit by a tent and a camp fire and eventually eat/drink I would just assume stay logged out.

pvp makes this game fun. Sure some people like doing the medic thing, but that's few and far between and I can see that getting just as old as sitting by a tent... who really wants to log in, spend 30+ minutes running to a guy, helping him, then logging out?

Shooting people that don't even know you are there is kinda boring too... I like to know they had a ton of fear or an adrenaline rush before I get them (or they get me).

once pvp gets boring I guess I could always troll new players with vehicles on the coast... stop and honk, as they run up just drive off a few hundred meters then stop and honk again lol.

• Like 2

Or you could help to develop communities of survivors, perhaps by helping out newb spawns or preparing forward camps with water and food? Of course destroying and disrupting are much easier than building and creating.

• Like 22

Or you could help to develop communities of survivors, perhaps by helping out newb spawns or preparing forward camps with water and food? Of course destroying and disrupting are much easier than building and creating.

lol, put in all that work just to get killed by a makarov or have some guys in a heli find and destroy the camps...

Hunting for "bandits" at the coast always keeps me entertained, although I don't do it much, since all "bandits" that I shoot at are pro alt-f4'ers. Seriously, I feel good about my Hero skin, it looks good too. I had to work for it. Killing innocent fresh-spawns isn't being a bandit, it's being a douche troll.

I get it that some people play DayZ just for the PvP, but PvP stands for "Player verse Player"...bullshit these spawn campers are looking for any action, as soon as you shoot at one of the pansies, they log. You wonder why everyone hates bandits, that's why I hate them, they're pansies.

• Like 13

lol, put in all that work just to get killed by a makarov or have some guys in a heli find and destroy the camps...

You just keep working, civilization wasn't shaped in a day. Like I said, doing something significant has never been easy.

I've been playing the game for nearly 2 months and I've only killed a few people (4000 humanity). I'm just one of those that enjoys the perseverance it takes to hold on to ones scruples.

Yes it's your choice to play the game as you will, I just happen to want to take the hard road.... to be a carrier of the flame.

• Like 4

There should be rivers and streams in the woods

That was totally random and off-topic. It actually made me laugh. Thank you, even if you didn't say it for those reasons.

I don't have a problem with PVP for most part. I have a problem with people killing new spawns near the coast and so forth. It just seems pointless. I like the idea of people "patrolling" the coastal spawn areas to take out bandits and spawn trollers, but its a flawed concept. Not everybody in those areas that is geared up is a bandit or looking to kill anybody. You almost have to witness them doing it to know their intentions. This goes double with the problems with logging in and randomly being on the beach now. I know that it has happened to me multiple times in the past few days, and all I wanted to do was get back to the areas I was in when I logged out. I tend to loot any good spots that are close or on my way. That doesn't mean I'm looking to kill anybody. I'd rather leave them alone and have them leave me alone. I'll help out with some food or bandages etc. if I have it to give, too.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I disagree that PVP is the only thing that makes DayZ fun, for me at least. I'm enjoying just trying to survive. I like trying to avoid having to PVP. I realize that I will die soon. Probably to some zombies in some stupid way or a sniper that I missed when I scanned the tree line, but for now, I like having my stuff, finding more, upgrading my gear, making sure I've seen the entire map, and stuff like that. I figure the next time I die, maybe I'll try to find a boat and just cruise the coast til I run out of fuel. :D

• Like 6

I like healing/ helping folk that let me, shooting bandits, removing barricades etc I die a lot but I don't care.

The pvp element adds a necessary risk (and the rush) to an otherwise ho-hum existence once you have the infected sussed out.

I don't hate them, I hate dying. The bandits put the tension and fear into DayZ. :)

• Like 2

Well I signed up just to comment, these kids who spawn camp the beaches are nothing but little pussies. What is the joy our of shooting someone who has just spawned with nothing to gain from, except a bandage maybe. The children ruin the game and community for newcomers, I doubt I'll bother with DayZ for much longer, and when everyone gets sick of these juveniles, who are they going to spawn camp then?

We need agood bunch of survivors with L85A to hunt them down in the bushes lol :)

Well I signed up just to comment, these kids who spawn camp the beaches are nothing but little pussies. What is the joy our of shooting someone who has just spawned with nothing to gain from, except a bandage maybe. The children ruin the game and community for newcomers, I doubt I'll bother with DayZ for much longer, and when everyone gets sick of these juveniles, who are they going to spawn camp then?

Running for my life when I first spawn to avoid the irritiating spawn campers is what turned me on to the game. I died a brutal death in the first 2 minutes my first time in, and I was hooked from that point on.

• Like 3

I agree with GiggityGump, I don't mind PvP happening, but when it's just unskilled retards sat in the hills sniping new spawns with no weapons in Cherno or Electro then it's not PvP, they are no threat to you with no weapons.

The best PvP with skilled players tends to happen in Stary or the NW Airfield in my playing experience.

I for one really like end-game group vs group firefights. When a vehicle full of people is intercepted by a group in the forest, and rounds, limbs and bear traps start flying everywhere.

• Like 2

Yea put all the gear in tents for...

*Deleted*

Congrats, your now a rage bandit.

Well some people get a boner just by looking at their increasing murder counter...

Edited by oldschoolgamer
  • Like 1

I've generally found most people are ready to take the first shot if they can get some cool gear out of the kill.

With that said, I try to stay untraceable if I am in a scary situation.. I hate dying :P

I imagine when this becomes a stand-alone game, there will be an endgame of some sort. What, though... I don't know. The "sandbox" aspect of this game is one of its great appeals, so it will be tricky to design an endgame that doesn't feel like the be-all and end-all of the entire game itself, but rather something optional that happens if you are ready and willing for it to happen.

I am visualizing something having to do with the rebuilding of society, but I'm not sure what.

The best PVP I ever heard was a bandit kill. One of my buddies was walking along the coast off a fresh spawn, and he started following another fresh spawn playing the Arthur theme song. After awhile he gets bored and wanders off, briefly after which he hears two quick enfield shots and sees the person he was following and another player killed. He breaks out his hatchet and investigates, and sees a bandit checking two bodies on the docks in Elektro. They circle each other around a crane, the bandit mentions that he took fire in the firefight, my buddy goes, look at my hero skin, I'm a good guy, I'll give you a transfusion, but you have to drop your weapons.

The bandit is hesitant but complies eventually. As soon as he does, my buddy runs up and double taps him with the hatchet. Bandit kill +1.

• Like 1

What do you do to make the game fun? honestly? After a week, zombies pose no threat, gearing up is a snap, and you can live in the woods indefinitely...

if I wanted to log in, sit by a tent and a camp fire and eventually eat/drink I would just assume stay logged out.

pvp makes this game fun. Sure some people like doing the medic thing, but that's few and far between and I can see that getting just as old as sitting by a tent... who really wants to log in, spend 30+ minutes running to a guy, helping him, then logging out?

Shooting people that don't even know you are there is kinda boring too... I like to know they had a ton of fear or an adrenaline rush before I get them (or they get me).

once pvp gets boring I guess I could always troll new players with vehicles on the coast... stop and honk, as they run up just drive off a few hundred meters then stop and honk again lol.

good thing you dont control the game then...

i know this might be hard to understand, but a sandbox title (which this is, its NOT quake or any other nameless PVP FPS game) allows any number of a myriad of play styles..

just cuz you cant wrap your head around it, doesnt mean others cant either..

i'll have you know i've been playing for weeks, never killed another soul (and i wont). avoid combat risks (other players shooting sounds) and generaly survive whilst exploring this HUGE map..

and i've NEVER been bored...

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

I don't look down on bandits or pvp, I just wish the game was more about zombies. Once you've figured out how to deal with them, the only real thrill left is other players.

• Like 1

I like bandits, they keep the game fresh. Yeah I hate being killed, but it forces me to go out and rebuild what I lost. I won't be a bandit, but I appreciate their presence.

Tried this last night. The GAZ can not take very many hits from a lee enfield before it blows up. Ask me how I know.

I've made a huge mistake....

I love the pvp the thrill of hearing an as50 go off in elektro just means for me to start rolling up the hill to axe them a question.

Well I have played DayZ maybe 30 hours. It's not very much ofcourse, well depending what you compare it to. I killed my first player yesterday. Game didn't get any funnier after doing that. I was actually pretty ashamed. Because when I went to loot him, he was unarmed and a fresh spawn with just painkillers and bandage. Nobody won in this situation.

I mostly play with friends, so my activities in DayZ vary from gearing up myself or my friend, looking for food and medical supplies and ammo. I don't google where to get best/specific items so mostly I don't have that much idea where to go for them. And I think that is fun, that I explore the world myself. There are still lots of places in north I haven't seen. I don't try to be better than others by raising kill count. I just try to survive as long as possible.

Also I have met only 2 friendly players so far, another one of them I actually helped from sticky situation, he was running away from horde of zombies. Me and my friend killed those zombies and grouped up with this friendly survivor. He was really glad that we did, since we were the first ones who didn't shoot him on sight. But why would we? He was unarmed and in trouble, helping someone and making him feel good is much more fun than camping unarmed players with sniper and making them feel like shit.

That being said, I do enjoy that there is PVP. It's about half of the excitement in DayZ. But still, I think people should consider what they gain with every kill. Do they kill to help themselves or do they kill just to fuck up the other player.

About zombies, yes they are mostly a mild nuisance. But still I need to avoid them like a plague, I just can't go on shooting them, It will alert other zombies ofcourse and with limited ammo I can't shoot them all. And it's not very fun to run on the hills chased by zombies and then sneak back in the city again. And in buildings with only one exit, they really are a threat.

Oh and atleast zombies won't alt+f4 when they are under fire.

Edited by BudiJ