Sign in to follow this  
Dr Wasteland MD

*facepalm*

What is the single dumbest thing you've done in DayZ?

My story is admittedly dull. I had broken my legs and had no morphine because I broke the medic rule and gave my last injector out to a patient.

So I crawl to Cherno and get to the Hospital by the apartments. I had no means of breaking the windows silently, and I was hearing gunfire from deeper within the city, so I decided to go around the back. There's no med supplies on the ground, so I opted to climb.

You see where this is going. Somehow my beast of an in-game character makes it to the roof with a broken leg - he really is all man - and I get to a box with morphine. I pull out the morphine, patch myself up, collect all the meds I can carry...

Then I simply walked off the roof.

I didn't even make some understandable mistake like accidentally pressing w twice, I just sort of watched myself take a dive off this roof. In my head, I knew what was happening, and that it was a bad idea, but I simply couldn't seem to deny my character's will to die.

So, splat, I hit the ground, legs breaking, screaming in pain, knocked out, bleeding. And I get to watch my blood fall.

Brilliant.

What's your facepalm story?

Edited by Dr Wasteland MD
  • Like 5

What's your facepalm story?

This one time I was on the forums and I clicked on a topic called *facepalm* and read the whole story that the OP posted :P

• Like 2

Just today I was in a panic, button flashing and no matter how many drinks I down it just won't stop. I change servers and drain 3 full canteens, nothing, my blood is suddenly down to 10,000!! Am I ill? Have I been coughing? Not sure, better take some antibiotics and use a heat pack just to be sure. Nothing, blood is close to 9,000!

Better eat some food to heal up till I can figure out what is wrong, ok, ate some beans to buy some time. wait, the button isn't blinking any more... oh, wait, the blinking button was hunger, not thirst.....

DOHHHH!!!!

• Like 2

Same thing, just walked right off the 3rd floor of the large factory down the road from Orvolet. Ghillie , rangefinder, as50, aws, everything...gone.

First time I pitched a tent, I was so excited to finally have my own that I crawled inside it just to see what it looked like. Then I turned to my side inside the tent and I broke.

• Like 4

here is my story,

i was trying my luck to survive i got my m1911 5 clips and 3 more in my pack, m1014 with 3 slugs,

i had 3 water bottle, antibiotics, 3 bandage, 2 bloodpacks, 2 morphine, 2 painkiller, binoculars, map, hunting knife, box of matches, compass, flashlight and watch, all i was missing was a hatchet i was save in elektro supermarket but i decided that within the city i can't find hatchet, i brave the barn outside of elektro to search, i sneak down pass the church only to be spotted by a few zeds i run into church and start gun them down, only makes matters worst the area came alive with zeds i empty 3 clips and use up my m1014. i carry on to sneak to the barn outside of the city only to be spotted again, i run into the barn and gundown before i know it i had no ammo and death is coming.

Instead of changing to my trusty hatchet to slay the next zombie pilot at some random heli crash site in the north, I switch weapon mode and...

BOOM

DEAD

722 zombie kills in and 15 days alive

COD: clunky inventory

No more grenades for you mister

Oh well, back on the horse

Upon entry of a house with only one exit, getting ready to loot, I scroll down to the right option and click.

Now, imagine this at night, with a lot of zombies outside and the "dinnerbell" firmly held in your hand.

Turned out I wasn't scrolling.

I had no idea the medics existed and I broke my legs in Pusta, I knew I needed morphine but none on me, I crawled ALL THE WAY TO CHERNO to get morphine. By the time I got there I was starving and dying of thirst, although I didn't know it. Didn't see my health dropping. and as I looted the morphine I died.

Was actually glad it happened. I GOT NEW LEGS!

• Like 2

Getting shot at when looting a helicrash. Down to 8000 blood, spot my attacker.

Close to me with a shotgun?!

Aim with my Ak ready to pop his ass. Press left mouse button only to see myself changing to my makarov...

While this damn long animation is running he is just looking at me for 2 secs... and then he blasts my ass back to the beach.

• Like 1

I treid putting up a tent in a VERY small area surrounded with trees, the tent was put up..... on top of me, bagn, insta-death.

I wouldn't mind that much, but I had a ghille suit and a silenced 64 shot capacity bizon with 2 full mags that I belive can only be found at a downed chopper site.

Chin up..... Don't... Cry... *Sniffle*

• Like 1

In the pursuit of a nice vehicle I decided to take the always lovely tractor out to find these vehicles since the tractor runs as is. Well, I find a motorcycle but as I'm trying to turn I bump a fence and well... boom. Moral of the story, don't drive anything with a red engine.

• Like 1

This was a while back, but while I was scrounging the coast as a newbie, I happened to run across a corpse on the outskirts of Chernogorsk. It had a czech pack, a Lee Enfield and a M9. Fantastic find for my second day. A few minutes later, while in the middle of cherno, I found myself trapped in the fire station, out of pistol ammo.

At this point I decided to fire the Enfield. I think we all know how that one ended.

When I was new...

'I wonder if this bag can carry a primary weapon...' OM NOM NOM

'This deer stand isn't that tall, if I walk off the edge I'll be fFFUUU...'

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 2

So I decided to give a sermon in a church, since I felt the occasion demanded it. Over direct comms. My disappointment at the human quotient of the congregation remaining at a steadfast zero was forgotten in the swarm of undead who were not, it transpired, hungry for spiritual nourishment. The thought that I was unarmed I dismissed as the sort of thing that would never have held St. Francis back.

Cue more desperate Benny Hilling, this time round a lectern and down the aisle to an unholy union with death.

• Like 4

I was waiting for some friends at the harbor in elektro, when i started thinking by my self,"if i go stand on top of that crane, if will be able to see the sooner",

i started climbing and when i was on top, I looked around for a sec. "btw do u guys ever have that feeling when u stand on top of a tall building and you have the urge to jump?"

well at least my character did, en he admitted to it. in slowmo I i see my guy jumping of the crane. guess u can figure what happend.

luckily i spawned near elektro again and i was able to retrieve my gear

• Like 2

Had just logged in to our camp, alone. Couple of my ppl were down in Cherno and needed supplies, so grab the ural we had up there, loaded to the brim with stuff, and started on my way south. I soon realized my game audio was too high, and interfering with me getting the coords for the pick up ... so I went into my options menu to turn down the volume ... and hit the "respawn" button instead. Dont think Ive ever had an adrenaline shot like that before.

[not so] funny thing is, I was just LOLing about ppl who accidently hit that very button ... :facepalm:

• Like 1

In the pursuit of a nice vehicle I decided to take the always lovely tractor out to find these vehicles since the tractor runs as is. Well, I find a motorcycle but as I'm trying to turn I bump a fence and well... boom. Moral of the story, don't drive anything with a red engine.

RED ONE GOES FASTAA!!! WAAAAAGHHHH

• Like 1

This didn't happen to me personally, but I was witness to the vent conversation.

Two of my friends (at that point both fairly new to the game) were running around Stary on a nighttime server.

Friend 1: Oh sweet, there's the supermarket, I'm gonna go check it out.

(Five Minutes Later)

Friend 2: Shit guys, I think I saw someone....Shit shit he's firing all over the goddamn place!!!...Guys, I don't think he's friendly.

Friend 1: Jesus there are a ton of zombies around here.

Friend 2: Guys, I see him. Oh hell he's definitely after me. I'm taking the shot!!!!

Bang

Friend 1: F@#% some motherf%^#er just f#@%$ing shot me.

Friend 2: .......

Friend 1: God what an asshole. Whoever that was can go to hell. Now I'm back on the coast.

Friend 2: Shit dude, you weren't in Stary were you?

Friend 1: Yeah, I was in the market.

Friend 2: Umm, sorry , I think I may have just shot you.

Friend 1: God f$#%ing dammit.

10 minute argument over vent ensues, coupled with 10 minutes of hilarity for the rest of us :D

• Like 3

It was at night and I went to the firehouse outside Elektro and I climbed the tower and when i got to the top, my chemlight I was carrying had extinguished, so I went threw another one out and it hit a wall and bounced off. I thought, hey, let's chase after it, and I fell to my death. But wait, it gets better, so I went back there with a fresh spawn to get my gear back, but it seems my body lay almost inside the tower, with only his feet exposed, and I couldn't retrieve my gear.

Totally happy to see my friend after a long time of searching, we thought we'd celebrate the reunion on the beach with some pepsi.

I was told by my friend to open his backpack to get the pepsi out.

Being a new player I didnt really know how to open someones elses backpack, he told me to scroll and then click.

Which I did.

Too bad I did'nt have his backpacked marked.

I shot him in the head.

• Like 2

Flying my copter with friends and accidentally alt-tabbed, guess what happens next.

• Like 2