xcryonic

[How To] ArmA 2: CO + Steam Tracking and Overlay with Beta Patch

you all might want to read this -> http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2728714

quote from a Bohemia Interactive employed

""do not follow these instructions as they will *** your game ...

the author obviously forgot to mention You need copy content of these folders from beta

\beta\dll\

and if you want to get rid of need to use -mod=%beta% or -beta= etc.

\beta\expansion\dta\

seriously why people tend to create 'HOW TO' w/o any knowledge on subject?""

dont forget the beta dll files ><

you all might want to read this -> http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2728714

quote from a Bohemia Interactive employed

""do not follow these instructions as they will *** your game ...

the author obviously forgot to mention You need copy content of these folders from beta

\beta\dll\

and if you want to get rid of need to use -mod=%beta% or -beta= etc.

\beta\expansion\dta\

seriously why people tend to create 'HOW TO' w/o any knowledge on subject?""

dont forget the beta dll files ><

Interesting, this worked.

Copied the content from "\beta\dll\" and "\beta\expansion\dta\" into the root folder (D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead) and I no longer need to set any launch options, the game works.

Also, the game claims I have Version 1.60.87580, is that a beta version? I downloaded "ARMA2_OA_Build_93701".

Thanks for the guide. I haven't tried this out yet but I will soon. However I am a little curious to what the procedure would be when a new beta comes out.

If we go through all this to get the current beta and steam working together but then a couple days later a new beta is available, or even hours since the beta patches seem to be updated very frequently, do we just install the newest beta over the last one and don't mess with any of the parameters that were added or changed?

Now what about when these beta patches get rolled into an official patch? Will we have to remove the beta patch we installed and change the parameters back to what they were? Or will installing the official patch automatically remove the beta patch and correct the parameters that were changed?

EDIT: Crap. Sorry. Missed those big red letters that said we have to do step 1 over again when we install a new beta patch. However I am now curious to what kcuestag posted. Do we have to do anything with dll files?

Well after seeing an official post from a Bohemia employee, I'd rather follow his advice, and he says to copy those files from those two folders into the root folder, you don't need to change anything in the shortcut or change the original .exe. :p

I noticed in your previous post that you said when you loaded up the game it didn't show the beta patch you used. Did you figure that out?

I noticed in your previous post that you said when you loaded up the game it didn't show the beta patch you used. Did you figure that out?

I didn't say that, I was asking if that was the correct version or the original, because I wasn't sure.

But I was able to log into a server which says to require beta patch so I guess I did it fine.

Confirmed, it works fine by just copying those files from those 2 folders I mentioned and doing nothing else, no need to copy or replace any .exe file. :rolleyes:

Confirmed' date=' it works fine by just copying those files from those 2 folders I mentioned and doing nothing else, no need to copy or replace any .exe file. :rolleyes:

[/quote']

Does not work. Tells me I'm using a way older version, just like you said in an earlier post HERE...

Also' date=' the game claims I have Version 1.60.87580[/quote']

Version 1.60.87580. And all beta servers are unavailable to me. However, the method in the original post worked like a charm. It most certainly did not "**** up my game".

Shows 1.60.87580 to me as well and I can enter any server.

Both me and my friend tested it. Couldn't join any beta servers. You must have entered a non-beta server that was mislabeled.

EDIT: So, you put those DLL files in the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead ROOT FOLDER?

Both me and my friend tested it. Couldn't join any beta servers. You must have entered a non-beta server that was mislabeled.

EDIT: So' date=' you put those DLL files in the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead ROOT FOLDER?

[/quote']

Everyone has been miss reading what he said, Follow the original post in this forum guide AND ALSO copy the /beta/DLL/ files to -> ARMA2 Operation arrowhead/DLL/, backup original dll files.

so recap

copy expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe to the root folder, then the expansion/beta/dll, files to root/dll.

-Death

EDIT: So' date=' you put those DLL files in the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead ROOT FOLDER?

[/quote']

Everyone has been miss reading what he said, Follow the original post in this forum guide AND ALSO copy the /beta/DLL/ files to -> ARMA2 Operation arrowhead/DLL/, backup original dll files.

so recap

copy expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe to the root folder, then the expansion/beta/dll, files to root/dll.

-Death

followed the developers method of copying the dll files, and battle eye kicks for use of scripts error 16, so copy just the main exe and the game runs fine, leave the DLL files alone., been using this method updating the beta exe after every update for the last two weeks, no issues until i copied the dll files.

-Death

So I finally decided to update and install the beta so I could get used to it. I got it to install correctly using

"copy expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe to the root folder, then the expansion/beta/dll, files to root/dll." however now my game can't run on highest settings anymore and suffers from lag. If I take my settings and set them to the lowest possible it runs smoother but still lags.

Before I installed this beta I was running at 60 fps on the highest settings. Any ideas?

Nvm.. I rebooted and it fixed the problem XD

So I finally decided to update and install the beta so I could get used to it. I got it to install correctly using

"copy expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe to the root folder' date=' then the expansion/beta/dll, files to root/dll." however now my game can't run on highest settings anymore and suffers from lag. If I take my settings and set them to the lowest possible it runs smoother but still lags.

Before I installed this beta I was running at 60 fps on the highest settings. Any ideas?

[hr']

weird, with the beta i have been getting more fps than before. intresting

[/quote']

so recap

-Death

followed the developers method of copying the dll files, and battle eye kicks for use of scripts error 16, so copy just the main exe and the game runs fine, leave the DLL files alone., been using this method updating the beta exe after every update for the last two weeks, no issues until i copied the dll files.

-Death

okay ignore me saying not to do the dll files, apperently the script error is from the newest beta release

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2172746

thats the fix, so yeah copy the dll files as originally said, fix is to go back to the 701 beta if you got the 825

"copy expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe to the root folder' date=' then the expansion/beta/dll, files to root/dll." however now my game can't run on highest settings anymore and suffers from lag. If I take my settings and set them to the lowest possible it runs smoother but still lags.

[hr']

download and install the 701 beta patch, not 825

TheDee

When trying to install the beta patch I get

"ArmA 2 OA is not installed on your computer or instillation is corrupted"

Reinstall your game.

Disciple & kcuestag

The only way i can launch this beta is an another parameters on Steam: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ

Thanks a lot for posting this' date=' it was the only way I could launch the game without getting any errors, thank you! :angel:

This thread should be stickied, it's really helpful!

[/quote']

Maybe I should add is as alternate parameter to OP because it seems to work better for some people. :)

MrBloodworth

Well someone should say that!

It's so easy so I don't find that important.

hedich

LOTS OF RANT

That is useless since this method already uses the WHOLE beta folder. and I do not suggest to tamper with the game files itself' date=' with my method you won't hurt your game files by copy&pasting them to different folders, If you use BETA files in your default folder you will not be able to join servers with older version number and my encounter some serious problems and render your game unplayable with others due having different size of files and locations.

hedich

LOTS OF RANT

Interesting' date=' this worked.

Copied the content from "\beta\dll\" and "\beta\expansion\dta\" into the root folder (D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead) and I no longer need to set any launch options, the game works.

Also, the game claims I have Version 1.60.87580, is that a beta version? I downloaded "ARMA2_OA_Build_93701".

[/quote']

It didn't work for you because now you're using the stock patch. Because 1.60.87580 is stock patch.

I have a problem, When i try to join a server it loads and everything but right before the character is suppose to spawn i just get stuck at a black loading screen every time!

I have a problem' date=' When i try to join a server it loads and everything but right before the character is suppose to spawn i just get stuck at a black loading screen every time!

[/quote']

Hmm... Sounds like you have a problem with the mod files and/or with the Beta patch.

I suggest you to reinstall the mod first with Worrom's DayZ Updater which you can download from here http://worrom.com/files/DayZUpdater15.zip

And then download and install the latest Beta patch which you can download form here http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

If problems still occur just let me know and we'll see what we can do about it! :) (Send me a PM if possible, I see it more easier and can answer more faster.)

Also, have you tried different servers?

Cryonic just a slight adjustment to your launch settings. I haven't tested this but adding the -nosplash should stop the splash screen showing up.

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash ;ca

Regarding the "DLL replacement method of installation"... I don't understand why it would say you're using the stock (NON-BETA) version (1.60.87580) in the main menu if it's actually properly installed. Bohemia devs suggested this method but I find it VERY strange that using the method that, in their words, "fucks up your game", the correct beta version is displayed on the main menu, whereas using THEIR version of installation it displays the stock patch (1.60.87580)...

I'm just going to stick with the method that I know works. Using the method posted in the OP actually displays that the beta patch is working and that's good enough for me.

hedich

LOTS OF RANT

way to be rude about it' date=' i did not "rant" about your post i was just quoting what a [b']Bohemia Interactive employee posted and did not want people to mess up there games.

Thanks for the reply to my issue. I managed to get it working and get beta to load, I have the beta version in the lower right hand corner when the game is open and beta listed under @DayZ in the upper right, but every time I tried to join a beta server It told me I had the wrong version or had the red "x" listed next to the servers name in the server listings.

I'm sure there's nothing I missed, but I could be wrong. For reference, I followed the guide the dev posted to get it working.