xcryonic

[How To] ArmA 2: CO + Steam Tracking and Overlay with Beta Patch

i keep getting wrong CD key and i did what you said to do if that happens and still didnt change anything

i keep getting wrong CD key and i did what you said to do if that happens and still didnt change anything

1. Run STEAM as adminstrator.

2. Run ArmA 2, Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit.

After that install the desired beta patch.

Why get this extra _runA2CO.cmd thing? all i did was backup my original Arma 2 CO executable and copied the beta one into the main folder. done. launch from steam with the beta no splash window mod parameters. and i have the steam overlay

Why get this extra _runA2CO.cmd thing? all i did was backup my original Arma 2 CO executable and copied the beta one into the main folder. done. launch from steam with the beta no splash window mod parameters. and i have the steam overlay

Did I say that you need extra .cmd file? no. I said that if it doesn't work, download the extra file.

Sheesh, can people read nowadays? :-/

Hello.

I have done everything you wrote. I have changed the arma II operation arrowhead lanch settings three times. One for each code + i have replaced the cmd thing in the arma II operation arrowhead folder, but i still says "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine"

Please help.

Thanks

Hello.

I have done everything you wrote. I have changed the arma II operation arrowhead lanch settings three times. One for each code + i have replaced the cmd thing in the arma II operation arrowhead folder' date=' but i still says "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine"

Please help.

Thanks

[/quote']

This is probably caused by a bad parameter in STEAM itself then.

try this;

"-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca"

OR

"-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ"

Why am I getting the "Warning, Illegal copies may degrade" message after copying the beta patch in? Please tell me that I didn't trigger the "FADE" copy protection. D:

Here's the funny thing, I've used this method a couple times and it's worked great, the first time lasted for a couple weeks at least. But both times now, it suddenly stops working, even though I haven't CHANGED ANYTHING. When I go to launch the game through Steam, it just crashes right after the small window pops up with the row of checkboxes.

I've even tried to verify the game cache, reinstall DayZ and the Beta, and try running the games before following the steps again, and it still just crashes. I've really no idea why it always stops working.

I finally figured out what my problem was and got this method working again. The OP might even want to take note of this and add it to the post, because this may be affecting other people as well.

Seems that for some reason, every now and again Arma2 will add mods to the Arma2OA.cfg file in the \My Documents\Arma2\ such as DayZ, expansion, the beta patch, etc. This means they will always get loaded, even if you’re not trying to load them in the launch parameters! I had this problem a long while back where Arma2 was always loading up the DayZ mod even though I was trying to play vanilla Arma2CO without DayZ. Removing all –mod launch parameters still would add @DayZ.

What you need to do is edit the Arma2OA.cfg file. Near the bottom is the list of mods the game loads by default. The only thing that should be listed there is BAF & PMC. Anything else should be deleted. Having a mod listed in both the .cfg file and listed in the launch parameters causes serious issues such as crashing on launch or other problems with loading.

Oh yeees, thank you very much for this topic. This should be a sticky 100%.

I have literally searched for hours for how to do this. The tutorials on Dayzwiki didn't help either. This should be in Dayzwiki because I presume this is where people look first.

Also I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but you can add "-nosplash" (without the quotes) into your launch options so that you wont get the beginning credits when launching the game.

Oh yeees' date=' thank you very much for this topic. This should be a sticky 100%.

I have literally searched for hours for how to do this. The tutorials on Dayzwiki didn't help either. This should be in Dayzwiki because I presume this is where people look first.

Also I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but you can add "-nosplash" (without the quotes) into your launch options so that you wont get the beginning credits when launching the game.

[/quote']

Added to the DayZ Wiki Guides page :)

I don't get it, sometimes this works magically for like 2 weeks then one day the game just STOPS opening. For instance, it was working 5 hours ago, now I try to start up arma and it says not responding then every time i try to open it again it just closes the process instantly. I've deleted the beta, reinstalled beta, verified integrity many times, changed parameters . Nothing seems to work. Why does it keep breaking randomly?

I don't get it, sometimes this works magically for like 2 weeks then one day the game just STOPS opening. For instance, it was working 5 hours ago, now I try to start up arma and it says not responding then every time i try to open it again it just closes the process instantly. I've deleted the beta, reinstalled beta, verified integrity many times, changed parameters . Nothing seems to work. Why does it keep breaking randomly?

Sorry, I haven't been able to post on this forum for a long time because of the new forums and my browser didn't really like it :P

Well, I don't really know what could be the problem, but it could be with the .cmd file, try downloading and replacing the file with this one http://www.mediafire...tju0d6s5md6y8r6 . If still not working, I suggest you to do a full re-install.

Edited by xCryonic