caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

Well at least it was a useful night, I had the chance to help a player, named MegaMan, with broken legs; good luck man and watch out for snipers!

At the sniper firing at me at the NE Airfield from Krasnostav (I think) @00:54 AM: I'm sorry I had to quit, I really wanted to get out of that situation with only my legs but It's late here, I delayed the logout just to help MegaMan and I was falling asleep. :(

Glad to see a (nearly) fully working DE 10! :)

edit: typos corrections.

Edited by Andrej Dudev

Oh Andrej, I'm the guy that shot at you, there seems to be loads of people at that airfield and I was itching to try out this sniper. Not used to the bullet speed yet otherwise it would have hit :lol:

That and I was heading there to help Megaman myself, hes the third person in our group (don't let him drive the vehicles you love). He mentioned you might have an M249, that wouldn't be the one I found would it?

Anyways since you're just crazy enough to help an armed person I'll give you the location of your bus, but don't think I wont shoot at bus drivers any less.

Edit: Meanwhile at the factory http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578962749279982860/41A2D0AE6CF6901677987F4192A339659C561A94/

Edited by Trowa

That was close, really!

The weapon I'm using is the Mk 48 mod 0 ^_^

Anyway, I'm not the kind of player shooting on sight and I know, it was a risk helping a stranger but, from my point of view it was worthwhile.

Sounds like you guyz had some action.. me and my crew just encountered a chopper on DE 231 and shot it down xD Mk 48 mod really is a beast, 80 Mk 48 and 10 AS50 anti-vehicle NATO rounds later they crash landed and jumped out just to be bombarded by my 4 frag grenades and more as50 rounds raining in over em :D .. it was so fun, even when the last guy ran and he got shot in the back for not fighting back..

We found out why he was running, did a backpack check.. KA'CHING... L85A2 AWS, so yet another gun for the arsenal :)

It was so much fun fighting a chopper.. even though we were only two guyz taking out 6.

I felt a little sad for they solo guy that randomly hit the firestation nearby at the exact same moment we took out the chopper.. kinda had to kill him before looting... wrong place, wrong time

28.07.2012 - Serverupdate

- Serverside files were updated to Hive v0.7.2

- Using now latest Anti-Cheat Script.txt

Changelog of Hive v0.7.2:

* [FIXED] Vehicles with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize.

* [FIXED] First object in the database not being loaded

> Maybe now vehicles won't despawn anymore, give it a try and tell us your testresults.

P.s.: I can't confirm yet that choppers are online again. i only know that they will come soon (within the next days). To be the first, you have no other option then to play at DE 10 and find/repair it before all other :)

Edited by Caspar

Pft our group dominates alot of the servers vehicles and the choppers are going to be no different, your fancy guns mean nothing to us. :P

I've been roaming around this server for about 2 weeks and only seen a few people in the time when there used to be 40 players constantly. Where are you guys at?

Me and my friend are getting tired of playing alone so if your groups are not too big already one could meet up @ teamspeak or something like that. :-)

Otherwise we'll be getting the choppers as a duo anyway.

Sounds like you guyz had some action.. me and my crew just encountered a chopper on DE 231 and shot it down xD Mk 48 mod really is a beast, 80 Mk 48 and 10 AS50 anti-vehicle NATO rounds later they crash landed and jumped out just to be bombarded by my 4 frag grenades and more as50 rounds raining in over em :D .. it was so fun, even when the last guy ran and he got shot in the back for not fighting back..

We found out why he was running, did a backpack check.. KA'CHING... L85A2 AWS, so yet another gun for the arsenal :)

It was so much fun fighting a chopper.. even though we were only two guyz taking out 6.

I felt a little sad for they solo guy that randomly hit the firestation nearby at the exact same moment we took out the chopper.. kinda had to kill him before looting... wrong place, wrong time

I wonder, was it hack-spawned? We should expect choppers from sunday to monday.

I've been roaming around this server for about 2 weeks and only seen a few people in the time when there used to be 40 players constantly. Where are you guys at?

Me and my friend are getting tired of playing alone so if your groups are not too big already one could meet up @ teamspeak or something like that. :-)

Otherwise we'll be getting the choppers as a duo anyway.

This is the same impression we had sometimes, the player behavior and movements are strange here.

I would love to have a screenshot from a person behind you two.. ;)

I've re-activated BEC which will warn now 10,5,4,3,2,1 Minutes before a Autorestart will be initiated. Please note that the Server will be also locked, 5 minutes before the restart is initiated.

I'm not statisfied with the current solution. The Serverrestart will be initiated 'Gracefully'. Means the server won't be immediatly closed, it will be shutdown (as it should) and after that a new instance started. The Problem: Sometime a shutdown takes up to 20 Minutes, so the Server will kick all Player exactly as warned, or let you play some minutes even after the 'restart time' has arrived. So don't wonder. I am thinking about another method. For now this should do the trick.

P.s.: On a second thought, there is not much i can do against this. I can't know how long a shutdown will take time, so i am unable to extend/shorten my warnings. I can only tell you when the Shutdown command will be initiated and then you should leave and wait until the server is unlocked again.

Edited by Caspar

The server seems more stable since you added the auto restart, and after the DayZ patch I don't think we've had a restart where every vehicle on the server has disappeared untill the next restart. I think that was the main problem we had before, even on Uk7 it sometimes happened but the server restarted so often it didn't matter.

I am the hero Elektro deserves http://cloud-2.steam...278B3BB17B4D70/ ;)

I hope you pulled the trigger.

I've re-activated BEC which will warn now 10,5,4,3,2,1 Minutes before a Autorestart will be initiated. Please note that the Server will be also locked, 5 minutes before the restart is initiated.

I'm not statisfied with the current solution. The Serverrestart will be initiated 'Gracefully'. Means the server won't be immediatly closed, it will be shutdown (as it should) and after that a new instance started. The Problem: Sometime a shutdown takes up to 20 Minutes, so the Server will kick all Player exactly as warned, or let you play some minutes even after the 'restart time' has arrived. So don't wonder. I am thinking about another method. For now this should do the trick.

Better than nothing, hopefully a better solution will come up; until then you have my support. ^_^

P.s.: On a second thought, there is not much i can do against this. I can't know how long a shutdown will take time, so i am unable to extend/shorten my warnings. I can only tell you when the Shutdown command will be initiated and then you should leave and wait until the server is unlocked again.

I think that most intelligent beings would understand this situation without raging. I, in fact, appreciate the small break between restarts (the deserved "Lucky Strike Time" or a most wanted biological need) :)

11am restart hit, I've confirmed that all vehicles will be missing untill 5pm so don't waste your time searching for helicopters untill the next server restart.

Edit: 5pm restart and all the vehicles are back, let the helicopter race begin. Terrible server lag, barely playable with a friend.

Hey Andrej you wouldn't know anything about this would you? http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578962749305790637/4FBBC95F38A2C0D30BCA44B5563530A35DFCC37C/ :D

Edited by Trowa

Hey Andrej you wouldn't know anything about this would you? http://cloud.steampo...3530A35DFCC37C/ :D

Ehehe, I knew it was you and one of your friends.

I was on route to this place and on TS all the time hearing one my friends (Osvaldo Stone) shooting to a guy in the bus. His (noobish) mistake was to istantly check the body instead of waiting as I suggested him but he's got a tunnel vision mind, all he was able to see was only the dead body.

He deserved his death, well done. :)

We were on our way to thr cape when he found the tractor he decided to drive STRAIGHT to destination

Then he saw the tents and forgot about the rest of the world, jumped off without even checking his sorroundings and went looting getting his veichle immediately stolen

He does play like this, and it is a pain having to take him around all day long :lol:

One time I asked him to cover me from a hilltop while I was approaching a city, guess how it ended :lol:

BTW, when Megaman was running back for his corpse I hve been sighted on him for at least 700m...

man, you owe me one ;)

Edited by pod

5 minutes before server restart (23:55) we got attackedthe group was composed of me, Andrej, Trowa and 4 other guys

We were fixing an helicopter when a well organized group of stealthers got on Skalisty island took us all out

They did a pretty good job, but I got to admit the thing is rather suspicious since they were at least 4, all wearing ghillie suits, all sporting the same m4 SD, and managed to synchronize shots on targets lying behind cover.

I strongly suspect that, apart from the obviously duped equipment, they were running modified versions of arma lacking models and textures in order to easily spot enemy players

Caspar, can you check the logs from the server?

I'd be curious to know when and where they logged in, and if they're usual players on DE 10

Edited by pod

5 minutes before server restart (23:55) we got attackedthe group was composed of me, Andrej, Trowa and 4 other guys

We were fixing an helicopter when a well organized group of stealthers got on Skalisty island took us all out

They did a pretty good job, but I got to admit the thing is rather suspicious since they were at least 4, all wearing ghillie suits, all sporting the same m4 SD, and managed to synchronize shots on targets lying behind cover.

I strongly suspect that, apart from the obviously duped equipment, they were running modified versions of arma lacking models and textures in order to easily spot enemy players

Caspar, can you check the logs from the server?

I'd be curious to know when and where they logged in, and if they're usual players on DE 10

It is very possible to do such an assault, we do it this way most of the time.. we have been killing high end gear bandits around the map to get 5 M4A1 CCO SD's so we have 1-2 backups .. and we never fire before we all have eyes on target from different angles.. but yeah, it always feels like you get hit by a truck in the face when something like that happens to you :D.

My salute to the many lives lost this day, but not even death can stop us from a vehicle.

http://cloud-2.steam...04F11ED38F2AB3/

http://cloud-2.steam...40399296CCB4F0/

Now if it will only stop leaking fuel while fully repaired.....

We got the chopper on the server we usually play on.. first aswell :) .. little combat for it though but we went out, instantly scouted 5 camps and fixed a UAZ with it ... Tomorrow the action begins.. daytime flying with a full 50 man server

I know it is obviously possible to do such a thing, what I am calling bullshit on is that since they were server hopping they logged on top of us, and took us out in such a rapid succession to make me suspect something's weird is going on

anyway I did my best for a last stand, trying to spot at least on of them until the very last second ;

I died 1 second before server restart....

...which actually paid off, when I logged back in I was still alive and  got all of my gear :D

Edited by pod

^^ lucky one. Usually the Server transmit Data to the Main Database in a Time Window of 120 sec :D

• Like 1

^^ lucky one. Usually the Server transmit Data to the Main Database in a Time Window of 120 sec :D

Yes, its the same thing with backpacks/tents/vehicle inventory/vehicle location.. it saves within 2-5 minutes depending on the desync and what you save.

We have been putting items on the various containers and then saved em, waited 5 minutes before moving anything off and that made it fine :) ..

Hmmm... no :P confidential data :D