Sign in to follow this  
Nonn

Night Servers?

So yeah. I've been gone a long ass time and have recently decided to see whats changed and maybe pop a few heads for their beans.

That's when I noticed the horrifying lack of night time servers. That and the insanity that is the hacking menace.

But most importantly night time servers seem almost non existent. Was it really that difficult to bother with?

The fuck guys?

God. God damn it. What have you people done?

the majority of the servers are daytime based mainly cause a. they cant see, b. 85% of the tree wookies cant use their favorite sniper rifles since they dont work with nvg. especially on a vet server or a nametag off server

• Like 4

Nightime scares the shit out of me, wish people would stop changing the server time when dusk hits, so very fun scrambling around through the night. Just need to make sure you wear your already marked up trousers.

• Like 1

the majority of the servers are daytime based mainly cause a. they cant see, b. 85% of the tree wookies cant use their favorite sniper rifles since they dont work with nvg. especially on a vet server or a nametag off server

But that seems so against the spirit of the game. Or what it used to be anyway.

Night time had always felt like another game mode entirely. Fun in its own pitch black,horrifying little way.

no night time servers ???

WTF, its what i find most of the time even thou i have dayz cmder scan for daylite hours only.

personaly i HATE teh night time, and will disconnect upon joining one or leave when it gets to dark.

i simply find the night time no fun AT ALL...

I too miss the night.....

I enjoy night time servers because it's safer to raid the bigger cities, hell, it's just safer in general.

• Like 1

non existant? EU side theres loads, and i mean loads.

True. I should note I'm in the US, so not only is the ping terrible but many of the servers wont even let you connect with a ping over 200.

We use Central Time Zone which is -6 and our server runs 24/7 so we have daylight and nighttime, it was put in the game so we keep it there. Can't stand people who change back soon as it gets night.

From my experience most if not all night time servers are low populated. Any server with 10+ people are generally light out and it's a killing fest or you have a hacker killing the whole server.

I prefer the night time servers because it's harder to navigate and you won't be killed by 6-7 people staring down their sniper scope in the main areas. They actually have to come down and look for you if they don't have NV.

no night time servers ???

WTF, its what i find most of the time even thou i have dayz cmder scan for daylite hours only.

personaly i HATE teh night time, and will disconnect upon joining one or leave when it gets to dark.

i simply find the night time no fun AT ALL...

Funny. I HATE daytime servers and usually log off to find a night server. The crappiest thing is that a lot of servers on Commander have the time wrong so I usually need to go into 4 or 5 servers until I actually find a night time server. Remember, most snipers can't see you so... night time is the right time.

Funny. I HATE daytime servers and usually log off to find a night server. The crappiest thing is that a lot of servers on Commander have the time wrong so I usually need to go into 4 or 5 servers until I actually find a night time server. Remember, most snipers can't see you so... night time is the right time.

Exactly. I grabbed commander when lurking the forums a while back after hearing it would display times. But as you said it's not very accurate. In my search for night time servers I tend to ignore very low pop servers, as I don't enjoy the pseudo-singleplayer experience it often brings, what with actual encounters at times being uncommon to almost non existent.

I hope that standalone brings universal nighttime or something such. I personally love stumbling around with a flashlight.

Most people are going to avoid these since they can't compete with players with nightvision goggles.

On the other hand, bandit attacks are less common, seeing as the only scoped weapon that functions properly at night is the DMR.

Theoretically. AS-50 TWSs aside.

Night time play is great - less people, crazy mad amounts of loot, calmer zombies. Just make sure you have plenty of flares.

On the other hand, bandit attacks are less common, seeing as the only scoped weapon that functions properly at night is the DMR.

Theoretically. AS-50 TWSs aside.

There's less bandits on low pop servers of any kinds. The flashlights are enormous beacons for bandits with NV to hone in on. So people avoid it. I personally love playing on night servers but I'm not really going to take a geared up player there unless he has a gun with a flashlight on it. If they ever setup the military flashlight to work on regular dayz servers then it might be different.

There are less night time servers because it's dark as shit. I just recently played and couldn't see anything. I can't sneak very well because if I activate my flashlight so I can see where I'm going, I alert every zombie in the vicinity, if I throw a flare, Same result except I can see the zombies tear into me and players can spot me. It's really hard and not in a good way.

I'm not asking for it to be bright (Though realistically it should, this is Russia in the fall/summer so night time is not terribly dark) but to be able to have an idea of what I'm doing. Because currently it's like my monitor is turned off.

There are less night time servers because it's dark as shit. I just recently played and couldn't see anything. I can't sneak very well because if I activate my flashlight so I can see where I'm going, I alert every zombie in the vicinity, if I throw a flare, Same result except I can see the zombies tear into me and players can spot me. It's really hard and not in a good way.

I'm not asking for it to be bright (Though realistically it should, this is Russia in the fall/summer so night time is not terribly dark) but to be able to have an idea of what I'm doing. Because currently it's like my monitor is turned off.

Depends on when and where mostly. Dont expect much light in a dense Forrest. Then again at the same time, depending on world conditions, you may or may not see much daylight at the same time duriing the dayl

Much of the time now, it seems people camping around tall buildings, intent on killing anyone they dont know through skype or teamspeak,etc. are the ones that avoid daylight,

you just dont know how to use flares efficiently, flares are not a light illuminating tool, it can be use as a weapon and distraction. also the flare rounds on the m16a2 m203 are best to spot people in ghilles who are hiding in the trees.

I don't know. It may be cheap but I play at night all the time with my brightness and gamma up and it is pretty easy to play that way. Only time I have a lot of trouble seeing is in thick forest but that is no problem.