Sign in to follow this  
Darkwater (DayZ)

AS50/M107 used against light armored infantry?

While were at it, let's add the .80 cal NTW-20 into the mix. :D

denel-ntw20_2.jpg

6.7 feet long with a 14.5x114m barrel on it. Can also take 20x81mm explosive rounds, or if your REALLY crazy, 20x110m anti-aircraft shells!

The .50cal should be too "shaky" outside of 500m to use accurately or 300m when standing.

As well, the .50 cal snipers should:

A) require dissembly to put both the receiver and barrel in your backpack seperately

B) take up the space of your backpack, unless you are using a Czech Vest pack (4 slots)

as far as I know the world distance record is not held on a 50.cal?

Longest sniper kill is with the L115A3, ammo 338 lapua magnum at a range of 2475m

2nd and 3rd are with mc millin tac 50, ammo .50bmg at a range of 2430m and 2310m

.50calls are just as portable in a backpack as other sniper rifles or assault rifles for that matter. Technicly they dont fit in it but there are ways or special backpacks that make them able to fit on it. considering .50calls are only slightly larger in lenght (20cm difference orso) thats not very suprising, they just weight 10 to 15kg instead of 5kg making them quite abit heavier but far from impossible to carry on your back.

Edited by Nick Larking

I believe these rifles are used against humans primarily when extreme range is necessary / preferred. I believe it still holds record for longest confirmed kill at 1.6-1.8km in Afganistan.

I believe these rifles are used against humans primarily when extreme range is necessary / preferred. I believe it still holds record for longest confirmed kill at 1.6-1.8km in Afganistan.

No, the record is held by an L115A3 - 2.47km in Afghanistan.

As the guy two posts above you said, the record is at 2475m with a .338.

And btw, there is no single threat big enough in dayz to justify these weapons, if this were an alien apocalypse ( think Falling skies ) then yes, but here they are really not needed or wanted.

Anybody got that thread all about wound ballistics with the .50BMG? Went very slightly into temporary and permanent cativation just enough to explain that they're not the magical round of awesomeness that everybody believes them to be when used in anti-material rifles simply for the fact that their penetration usually prevents the whole yaw from occuring until it has already gone out of the other side of your body. You'll have a nice 1/2 inch hole in your body and quite possibly will still die depending on what was hit or very close to the wound, but you probably won't be losing an arm from the bullet itself or any of the like.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/treaty

Omg you think I'M stupid for saying that treaties only apply to the countries that sign them? What are you 12? There you go try reading the definition of the word.