fuckDayz

DayZ is a total screw up.

snip

It's because you're risking your character. To interact with innocents and make checkpoints, you have to get in people's faces. You can get shot a lot easier than it is hiding in trees and buildings. Yes, there will be snipers / overwatch in my own group, and nearly everything you suggested, but it's the sheer concept of holding a position. Name a game where it's wildly easier to be a "good guy" over a "bad guy". I feel like a lot of the reason people are bored with the game is that they choose the "bad guy" path and just shoot everyone, so it gets dull. People don't want a challenge. I'm not speaking for myself personally, as I'm trying, but this is what I see from the majority of players right now. I don't have an issue with it, and it isn't "destroying" the game, but it's a player problem that will be solved by opposing players who want to stop it. Most people don't have the will to try.

I've survived quite a while solo, many days. my recent death was caused not by bandit nor zombie, but by the dreaded Debug Sea and being hungry/thirsty. Teamwork can make things easier, but isn't a requirement.

I will try to say nothing else, since I don;t want to feed anymore.

It's because you're risking your character. To interact with innocents and make checkpoints' date=' you have to get in people's faces. You can get shot a lot easier than it is hiding in trees and buildings. Yes, there will be snipers / overwatch in my own group, and nearly everything you suggested, but it's the sheer concept of holding a position. Name a game where it's wildly easier to be a "good guy" over a "bad guy". I feel like a lot of the reason people are bored with the game is that they choose the "bad guy" path and just shoot everyone, so it gets dull. People don't want a challenge. I'm not speaking for myself personally, as I'm trying, but this is what I see from the majority of players right now. I don't have an issue with it, and it isn't "destroying" the game, but it's a player problem that will be solved by opposing players who want to stop it. Most people don't have the will to try.

[/quote']

I don't think that's the problem at all. I think most people HAVE their groups and enjoy fighting other groups. Then you have the lazy PvE'er who wants to just have everything magically fall into place for him.

He's not a good enough player to do any of the things we're talking about; he's a simpleton who runs on the train tracks and then gets frustrated when he's sniped in the head. He probably hasn't even TRIED to make a survivor city and defend it, or taken the names of enemy bandits and shared a blacklist on the forums (the whole idea behind asking some one to identify themselves is that you can check them against a list of known bandits or ADD them to the list if you're betrayed).

It's true that many players I kill don't even see the shots coming. These are probably those players. They just run across a field, I lay in wait and then pop them in the head. They're just oblivious.

That said, even an oblivious/lazy player can find a defensible area and declare it a "NO GUNS" area. Then just camp a bottleneck and shoot anyone with their guns out of their packs. Patrol for snipers so visitors don't get pegged on the way in (although I expect most visitors would simply log out on another server with gun already in pack and then log into the city that way). Police the visitors to ensure they don't take out their guns, keep a safe distance from other visitors (no stealing from other people's packs!), etc. It's not even hard to do IF that's the experience they want.

Personally I think socializing in an old castle and just sitting there policing visitors wouldn't be all that fun, that's why I don't do it. But I might even *visit* such a city, gun in pack, in order to trade with other players. I'd even pay a tax of one blood bag to enter, or whatever, if it meant trading ammo I don't need for ammo I do.

But what we have are whiny children, not survivors.

I think the best way to remedy the problem OP is having is to have more severe consequences for death. If you die, you can't play on the same server for an hour, maybe even a day, and you can't play DayZ at all for ten minutes. Thoughts? Counterarguments?

Those of you saying that survivors should make a "safe city" or trading post of some kind are full of shit. There is currently no viable way to do that with the current build.

I think the best way to remedy the problem OP is having is to have more severe consequences for death. If you die' date=' you can't play on the same server for an hour, maybe even a day, and you can't play DayZ at all for ten minutes. Thoughts? Counterarguments?

[/quote']

I'm sorry, that would be an extremely stupid idea.

Those of you saying that survivors should make a "safe city" or trading post of some kind are full of shit. There is currently no viable way to do that with the current build.

+ I would just wait for people on the outskirts of said safe area and kill them. lol.

This is a SURVIVAL game, the only purpose of the game is to survive..not kill zombies or kill people. You can do both, or neither. Whichever floats your boat.

day z is like a social experiment..and everyones opinion is valid. It is sad to see so many people trashing this guys thread with comments like "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET THE FUCK OUT FAGGOT''. Those people are just as guilty of being close minded and ignorant as to the "purpose" of the mod.

There literally has never been a "game" (and I use this term based on the popularity of the mod in comparison to base ArmA) like this since the zombie genre was spawned after George A. Romero's first major flick fifty years ago. I used to be on this guys side, thinking that people should not instantly kill each other and that it was annoying how "humans are more dangerous then zombies". But now I am on the other side. Of course humans should be more dangerous! A zombie can't stalk you for fifteen minutes, watching your every move. A zombie can't examine what type of weapon you have before attacking you, planning its strike. A zombie can't make a judgement call on whether or not to LET YOU SURVIVE.

wow this post made me laugh so hard, please post more because its totally entertaining, I know your wrong because i play solo and I have total fun and I play with other players and have total fun. yeah its dangerous and can be frustrating at times but I man up and move on and learn. I suppose your other choices are go back to playing wow, 'I have not said that in a long time.' or go and post how much its hurts your feelings to be betrayed by other players. qq

I don't always die, but when I do, it's because I used lazy tactics.

Stay careful my friends.

This game is probley the worst game Ive ever tried in my life, Very boring. And the servers are full of wankers. FUCK DAYZ, I hope it flops.

Since the removal of bandit skins everyone seems to just shoot you on sight, or shoot you in the back once you help them. I can't blame them though, since killing other players has only positive consequences, and trying to communicate has mainly negative consequences.

Since most people have adopted kill-on-sight attitude, the risk of trying to be friendly and communicate has become too big for even the friendliest players. Only option for friendly survivors now remains to avoid everyone who is not part of your well known group. Communication and co-operation between strangers is mostly dead.

Those who say that it is because bandits are organized and survivors not, you are wrong. Most of the killings I've seen have been just done by single guys shooting at everything that moves.

I'd much rather see more intelligent banditry, organized bandit groups robbing you on gunpoint, asking you to drop your gear and leave you alive stripped from your best gear.

Since the removal of bandit skins everyone seems to just shoot you on sight' date=' or shoot you in the back once you help them. I can't blame them though, since killing other players has only positive consequences, and trying to communicate has mainly negative consequences.

Since most people have adopted kill-on-sight attitude, the risk of trying to be friendly and communicate has become too big for even the friendliest players. Only option for friendly survivors now remains to avoid everyone who is not part of your well known group. Communication and co-operation between strangers is mostly dead.

Those who say that it is because bandits are organized and survivors not, you are wrong. Most of the killings I've seen have been just done by single guys shooting at everything that moves.

I'd much rather see more intelligent banditry, organized bandit groups robbing you on gunpoint, asking you to drop your gear and leave you alive stripped from your best gear.

[/quote']

This is true, I've been shot on sight so many time by the little pistols that I have changed my attitude to suit.

I trust no one anymore, the last time I teamed up with a stranger a couple of days ago we sat down to exchange things from our backpacks, blood, beanz and compass and some little pistol came up and shot us both.

I kind of miss the good old Bandit skin dayz.

I believe it was more to do with technical issues rather than a game play decision.

Never mind...it can only get beta...

Since the removal of bandit skins everyone seems to just shoot you on sight' date=' or shoot you in the back once you help them. I can't blame them though, since killing other players has only positive consequences, and trying to communicate has mainly negative consequences.

[/quote']

This is true, I've been shot on sight so many time by the little pistols that I have changed my attitude to suit.

I trust no one anymore, the last time I teamed up with a stranger a couple of days ago we sat down to exchange things from our backpacks, blood, beanz and compass and some little pistol came up and shot us both.

I kind of miss the good old Bandit skin dayz.

I believe it was more to do with technical issues rather than a game play decision.

Never mind...it can only get beta...

This depends, if he didn't see me but I did I will just take cover and ask in the chat who this is.

I met alot of people by doing this already, some of them helped me out with blood packs and all that stuff.

But if he is looking at me I usually shoot cause I don't have time to ask and he will probably shoot me too.

There really should be a better system to ask them really fast if they are friendly.

For example looking at them and pressing mouse wheel from far away will give them a message in the chat to ask if friendly or not.

I would like to meet more survivors that help out each others.

Hey, if I got an ATV and someone would ask me if I can take him somewhere, I would do it.

My Banditry is more advanced than that. I will help people out by dropping supplies in a given location. I will NO LONGER meet people to trade or help out.

I don't sport kill like most other bandits. I kill out of necessity, or competition. I never kill solo bandits unless their gear rivals mine. I will almost always engage camps and groups of people larger than 2.

1. Visitors must keep guns in their packs.

2. Visitors must maintain distance, no pick pocketing.

3. Pick a mountain top with a castle and cover, use sandbags & wire fencing liberally.

4. Have visitors log into a "safe area" in order to get to the city. Put your gun in your pack before logging into the city or guards will KOS. Feel free to log out in safe area as well (or yes, use another server to GET to the city log-in area, and then log into the city; may as well use this loophole for a GOOD cause).

5. Help this guy out: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9239

I'm sick of whiny survivors who have done nothing but just yell out "FRIENDLIES IN CHERNO???" like morons. Maybe you can't be the brainy survivor, but at least you can sit there with a gun and shoot some one who tries to take a gun out of his pack. Hopefully. Actually I have my doubts, you should just stick to visiting.

I think the best way to remedy the problem OP is having is to have more severe consequences for death. If you die' date=' you can't play on the same server for an hour, maybe even a day, and you can't play DayZ at all for ten minutes. Thoughts? Counterarguments?

[/quote']

Yeah any idea that contains the ominous word 'consequence' is usually completely illogical and doomed.

[/quote']

Why? If you make death more of an inconvenience, there'll be less bandits. Simple.

Death in real life, as far as we know, is permanent. If you were in an actual apocalypse, you wouldn't run at three people and try to kill them just because you want to make them rage. You would most likely be killed, and you can't respawn from that. That's not how things work.

To eliminate the blatant advantages the bandits have and make it more realistic, I think this would be a wise feature to implement. Maybe it could just be a server option, but I have a feeling anyone who enjoys being able to meet other survivors would use it.