billyangstadt

Rough models for the green pouch items.

As of right now, when we see the green pouch, it's usually a Mak. Mag, but it could be a map, watch, compass, etc...

Something like the matchbox would be nice, so we can loot stores quickly and get out, as of now, we have stop at every loot pile with a green pouch, it may not seem like long..but those few seconds could be you getting spotted or getting away.

This could easily be a community project considering how busy the dev team is and how little effort it takes to model and texture these things.

E7EWA.jpg

(5 minutes, 5 polys, 35kb texture)

If somebody could post a list of things that spawn in green pouches that would be a good start.

• Like 1

Starters:

Compass

Map (done)

GPS

Mak. Magazine

Watch

ZMt3J.jpg

Makarov magazine (45 minutes, 65 polys)

There is already a model for the compass and watch in the game. Maybe there is a reason why they aren't used on the ground?

Do all pistol magazines have no model?

Starters:

Compass

Map (done)

GPS

Mak. Magazine

Watch

Do all pistol magazines have no model?

1911 mag is a small ammo box with yellow/green markings. .45 ACP is yellow/red. Using a similar system for others could help a lot and little to no extra modelling would be needed.

1911 mag is a small ammo box with yellow/green markings. .45 ACP is yellow/red.

they are both .45 ACP, that's why they look almost identical

1911 mag is a small ammo box with yellow/green markings. .45 ACP is yellow/red.

they are both .45 ACP' date=' that's why they look almost identical

[/quote']

Makes sense, but put in that context, it would be better if we could find boxes or blisters of ammo and fill mags and jet reloaders with them.

In no particular order all of these items spawn in green pouches:

AKM Magazine

G17 Magazine

M9 Magazines

MP5 Magazines

Makarov Magazine

Smoke grenades (already have models in game)

M67 Frag grenade (already has a model in game)

M203 grenades

Compass (already has a model in game)

Map

GPS

Watch (already has a model in game)

They are small items that are difficult to get a good look at and tend to spawn en masse, so I figured low poly would be best, but it might not be what they're after. I will hold off making anymore until there is word from somebody that the models are actually wanted and how detailed they are required to be.

Edit: It's addictive... I don't know how to convert .3ds files to Arma but I know it is possible.

KpOjM.jpg

AKM Magazine (1 hour, 115 polys)

• Like 1

Slight modification to model & texture of AKM magazine gives a nice orange bakelite mag for the ak74.

fKc9l.jpg

Bumping so other people might start on the list too. Or so somebody can say: "Stop, we already did these!"

• Like 1

I wish I had the ability to make models like this... I'd totally make an FN P90 model even though they'd never add it.

i would love to put some time into modeling and texturing props if it helps out, would need rocket to tell us if its actualy what he wants and if he does, what props he would actualy like to be models from the community

I don't know shit about this (making textures, number of polys, etc), but its a great little tweak. I don't think watches are in green pouches though. Even still, a watch graphic would be nice. Hope they add this idea sometime down the line.

nice work guys, shame the devs havent noticed :(

you need to try and contact them personally, or try and get noticed by putting it all into one post (i.e. the op) so that whoever clicks will see it straight away.

That's some fine model work. Also, as far as I know, the compass and watch are just GUIs, not actual models.

3d programs, such as autodesk 3ds max, maya, softimage and more

for texturing there is also different program but photoshop is mainly used

Wow, bump for visibility, keep them coming, way better than lame green pouch.