Sign in to follow this  
HamTheBacon

How can you even call this a game?

A bandit gave me a FAL, six mags and a 1911.

I didn't have time to thank him.

That's the flip side of the coin.

Stop playing in heavily populated servers. Today's the first time I've seen anyone in days; the first guy I saw killed me, the second and third I had the drop on but did not kill as they had initiated no force and our encounter went peacefully, and the fourth gave me a rare and powerful weapon for no reason but to help someone else out.

You have no idea how much i want to quit, today has been the exact worst day in Dayz history for me.

then quit because it sounds like you're to involved with the mod and don't have enough going on in your real life

You can't call this a game you fucking moron, it's a mod.

Dear OP. You can't call DayZ a game.

Just the same as this forum isn't your personal Blog.

This is just a mod that dreams of being a game, or at least an alpha standalone.

This isnt a fucking game, this is a place where all the trash of the world go to jerk each other off, there is absolutely no chance of this mod becoming a real success unless this is fixed, sure its got a million people playing, but unless battleeye gets their asses in gear and fixes hacking, and the various exploites and admin abusers are dealt with,

Your entire story was just people killing you, no hacks or AA (admin abuse).

Also a brief glance at your forum history indicates that all you do is QQ, so why are you still playing if you hate the game that much?

Edited by (CNSF) Angel

This isnt even a rant about hackers really... this is just about a guy who gets killed alot. Please tell me how they are going to fix other players killing eachother ? Thats part of the game, play a single player shooter if you just want to run around and not be killed by other players.

Do people even realize the definition of game?

1. an amusement or pastime

3. a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

Of course DayZ is a fucking game. Yes, it's a mod. No, it's not finished. Assuming you're using the mod to have fun and not to train in a military simulator, then yes, you are playing a game.

There have been plenty of unforgiving games in the past (NetHack anyone? about 100x difficult as this) that still called themselves games. We need to give this whole "anti-game" bullshit a rest.

Edited by derrida

there is absolutely no chance of this mod becoming a real success unless this is fixed, sure its got a million people playing

Youre just arguing with yourself.

If you don't like the game, please go.

It used to be worth holding out for this game, because of the concept of it - what it would be if the problems were resolved. We were able to entrust in BIS and Rocket, that these were the hardcore PC game no BS people. Now it's out the bag that their small team will produce a standalone which will work on both a PC and an xbox, I'm out. Well I will be playing the mod occasionally perhaps. But I just got accepted for World of Warplanes closed BETA - which i am DLing now.

DayZ has succeeded. Rocket wanted to make players actually feel something other than enjoyment. Always winning gets kind of boring, and frustration is refreshing.

I stopped reading at the thread title.

This is the alpha version of a mod.

• Like 1

We call it an alpha. The game comes out in Q4 2012.

Oh, the irony in this post. An alpha that is a just a few months away from release?

Edited by Timppa

02:50 AM... subject displaying early indications of infection. patient presented themselves in highly emotional state, anger, tears, threats.. I believe subject has been infected due to Chernarus exposure.. recommend immediate quarantine.

This isnt even a rant about hackers really... this is just about a guy who gets killed alot. Please tell me how they are going to fix other players killing eachother ? Thats part of the game, play a single player shooter if you just want to run around and not be killed by other players.

Meh, the problem is as soon as you reach a certain level of experience in this game, thats all there is to do. Id like to help other players and play more casual roles like being a medic. Can't do it though because you just got shot in the face time and time again. Even if you do blood bag them and bandage them, you know whats coming as soon as you finish. I think thats what happens when you leave a game open to allow players to make of the game what they want. It becomes a Cherno deathmatch. Might as well go play Call of Duty if thats the case because it plays out exactly the same.

I didn't read anything but the title.

This isn't a game, it's a modification of a game.

Just sayin'

i log in i find a guy with a M16 and a revolver, and we get to talking and hes really nice and right before we were going to add each other on skype a guy come up and kills him with a M14 AIM and then holds me up at gunpoint, i explain whats going on and he tells me to add him, but gives me a dummy skype name, when i came back to tell him i couldnt find it, im fucking dead.

That's actually pretty hilarious.

Hopefully he recorded that and I get the chance to see this from his perspective.

Oh, by the way, you tabbed out of the game while in the presence of a stranger?

Unwise, son.

I don't know why I came to think of this, but isn't it the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results..?

Just putting it out there. No offense, but all I'm hearing is: "went to Elektro, died. went to Cherno, died, went to Elektro, died. went to Cherno, died"

:D

Peace.

SD.