Ryike

Survivor dafe camp?

I've been a reader of the forums for a while but this will be my fist post!

A lot of people seem to have a problem with hte amount of PvPin the game. I don't mind it becuase I find it adds excitement to the game but anyway, here in my idea.

Make one place on the map that is a Survivor haven, guarded by Milatary NPC's. This could be a place wheere survivors can go to feel safe, and trade items with other players for and item that they may have a great need for. Ammo for food and all that stuff. Or a place that you can go and find other survivors to team up with. Bandits cannot enter this place though, depending on their humanity rating they will either be denied entry to the camp or, if low enough, get shot at by the milatary.

The way i see it is that it gives more incentive to be a survivor because you will be able to go to these places and trade with like minded people, instead of being a bandit, who obviously needs to scavange for what they need.

This is just a barebones idea that i have. Please leave a comment if you like/dislike the idea, and feel free to add ideas of your own!

• Like 1

Good luck ever leaving the camp.

• Like 2

One form of play style should not be rewarded over another. There is already a perfect balance risk/reward ratio for banditry and survivor play.

Survivors who don't shoot on sight can offer to trade, work together, and generally help other survivors along. There is after all, generally strength in numbers.

The risk is putting yourself out there, when you may get shot or double crossed.

On the other hand, bandits shoot first, take what they need, maybe ask questions later. (Or ask questions, make demands, and shoot if necessary, but whatever)

Obviously the risk here is getting shot back, or other bandits. Plus, within a city or town, the zombies being attracted to your shots. Unless you already have a group, shooting on sight limits your trade and cooperative options; and unless you get lucky with a survivor you kill having what you need, you might be waiting awhile on a rare item, eg antibiotics or similar.

Safe havens favour one play style over another, and that's not a good idea. Plus, as stated, as soon as a survivor leaves the safe zone, have fun losing your newly traded goods.

Edited by Warped_Jack

I've been a reader of the forums for a while but this will be my fist post!

A lot of people seem to have a problem with hte amount of PvPin the game. I don't mind it becuase I find it adds excitement to the game but anyway, here in my idea.

Make one place on the map that is a Survivor haven, guarded by Milatary NPC's. This could be a place wheere survivors can go to feel safe, and trade items with other players for and item that they may have a great need for. Ammo for food and all that stuff. Or a place that you can go and find other survivors to team up with. Bandits cannot enter this place though, depending on their humanity rating they will either be denied entry to the camp or, if low enough, get shot at by the milatary.

The way i see it is that it gives more incentive to be a survivor because you will be able to go to these places and trade with like minded people, instead of being a bandit, who obviously needs to scavange for what they need.

This is just a barebones idea that i have. Please leave a comment if you like/dislike the idea, and feel free to add ideas of your own!

Build a base, hire 3 snipers you're good to go.

Download LOL Movie Film Hd, Download LOL Movie Movie Hd, buy LOL movie on dvd, Download LOL Movie Movie DVD. download the entire Safe film, Safe Movie Movie Download Film, buy movie Safe ipod, Download Safe Movie Movie DVD. The Hunger Games Movie Movie Download, The Hunger Games Film Full Download, Download The Hunger Games Movie DVD9, The Hunger Games Movie Download Mediafire.

Want to know the beauty of this game? it's in YOUR control, YOU can set up a camp, YOU can hire gaurds, YOU could make sure only friendlies enter, it's all YOU.

Hey I like the idea of setting up a Survivor Base! Make it fully fortified with sandbags, wires, tank traps and bear traps. Then station snipers on each corner, have a trading post inside the Base full of tents containing medical supplies, food, guns, ammo and other basic supplies. It would take at least a group of 10 people to pull it off. Assuming no hackers, it's would be a safe haven for survivors. Any ideas or thoughts?

I like your idea,it would be like a reward of being a "Survivor".

But why punish the style of play? There's nothing wrong with being a bandit, they add a more insecure feeling to the game, because not only do you have to watch for zombies, you have to watch for bandits too. And whats to stop a bandit medic who just heals? They would be seen as a hero and would be allowed into the camp, and that would just lead to these medics baiting players who want to team up and taking them outside the camp, only to be ambushed and shot by the other bandits. Not to mention that the players wouldn't make it 10 metres before being picked off by a bandit in the tree line who's waiting for survivors to leave.

The only safe zone I can think of that makes sense is a ship. I'm thinking a cruise ship but it doesn't matter.

To get there you'd need a boat and a radio to home in on the signal the boat broadcasts. Perhaps it's broadcasting it's gps coords in morse code. It's never in the same place and getting there is going to be risky. There you can trade or what not with players or npcs (if really justified). The ship could even be a waypoint between Chernarus and island maps.

For this to work, more boats would be needed or the boats would need to drift or respawn back on the beach. Even a row boat would work for brave players.

• Like 1

this idea has been suggested by 300 people no human NPC'S in dayz whatsoever i like the idea of building bases for groups though

Hey I like the idea of setting up a Survivor Base! Make it fully fortified with sandbags, wires, tank traps and bear traps. Then station snipers on each corner, have a trading post inside the Base full of tents containing medical supplies, food, guns, ammo and other basic supplies. It would take at least a group of 10 people to pull it off. Assuming no hackers, it's would be a safe haven for survivors. Any ideas or thoughts?

Even with snipers it wont be hard for me or my friends to score some fine free loot (we have snipers to)

Edited by captainwaffles

If you have been forum reader for a while you would know that npc's are not for this game.

Edited by Zeppa