TheMove

How do so many ppl have snipers and top guns?

I play with my bros and we can go North to the Air Field for a night and farm the spawns all night and we will get a couple good weapons. A few times a crashed heli had spawned and thats the only time I found a sniper. To get a good weapon is a all night process and we all know how fast you can be killed in this game.

I find AKs and M4s very easily if I stay around the coast. But I don't understand how I can go on a big server of 30+ players and its just filled with players with snipers and top of the line rare weapons when I can even go up north on these big servers and to the air field and its a ghost town.

My only conclusion right now is theres a ton of hackers and they spread the good weapons around and they just keep changing hands. I have ran into so many hacked loot boxes where every item in the game is in it and I have seen players I have killed all decked out and you can't loot anything off of them and they come back 5 mins later to try to kill you all decked out again.

Just don't get it. I have no intention to ever hack in a game. But I feel like this game is made for hackers. And if you don't hack you should play something else.

No, what they do is hit unpopulated servers, grab a verchile and raid heli crash sites.

Or an easier way is to go into the airfield barracks, if they find nothing of use they simply hop to another server until they find a weapon spawn they like.

I am fully against this and have many times searched the airfield only to find low yield weapons, but I never cheat like that to gain gear

If theres nothing there..........it was never meant to be

• Like 1

They just dupe it.. or hack it into the game.. thats why, AS50 and M107 are off limits, only hackers uses these weapons

some of us have been playing for a very very long time... I never used the AS50 or the M107 but at one point we had 3-4 of each (group of players = win). I personally prefer the DMR if I'm using a sniper rifle

TBH M249 or GTFO, thats what I prefer. versatile ammo, and nothing beats having a 200 round box for when it hits the fan !!!

• Like 1

I'll be lying if I didn't try to jump servers at the airfield barracks but that doesn't work as alot of server will respawn you. I have only seen 2 heli crash sites and my bro and I will play for 10+ hour sessions when we find a car and drive over the whole map.

Is there a secret to finding crashed helis because thats the only thing I can think of were doing wrong than to find good weapons.

Basically, duping, hackers spawning in weapons and loot inflation as we have no weapon degradation system in the game yet. There are no rare weapons anymore because of all three.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I've been playing Dayz for months, never found a crash heli site, never found an M24. LAst week started playing with my friends and in that week alone I think we came across 6 or 7 heli sites. We have an AS50 we found in an off road and yesterday, another mate started playing for the first time and finds an M24 in a deer stand by the military camp by the southern airstrip (Bolota?).

We drove to a store in Zelenogrosk and then got a message saying the server will restart in 5 mins. I tell him to grab the M24 out the car and I save the car then we camp for 2 mins until the server kicks us. Server comes back up and the M24 is in the car and in his hand so now we have 2. We don't dupe or cheat, we have fun with what lady luck gives us but even when I tried to save the vehicle so it wouldn't dupe - it did.

Also the airfield hangers are shit. been to them countless times and always shitty gear. For the hassle u get with the zeds, seemingly they see u even better up there and run fast in hangers, I'd rather just leave them alone and loot the barracks.

Tents and vehicle saving is totally bugged. It allows for constant duping and on older servers with tons of abandoned tent cities a top tier weapon is always only a few hundred meters away. A proper fix to these issues coupled with a complete database wipe is in order.

• Like 2

Kill a guy, who is carrying an AS50, with an axe, and you don't leave the AS50 behind. Someone kills you, they take the AS50 too.

The better weapons will be looted and kept, and so on. Even without duping and without cheaters scripting them in, the better weapons will be looted from bodies and the numbers will grow.

A better standard of judging the amount of duping that is going on is ghillie suits. They can't be looted from bodies like the weapons can, yet there seems to be almost as many of them as there are AS50s.

I believe that another indication of the inflated weapon economy is the fact that I am far more likely to find/loot and AS50 or an M4 SD, than I am to find/loot antibiotics, mountain dew etc.

I believe the drop rates are fine, it is the duping that needs to be fixed, and then you will see the number of high level weapons fall.

• Like 2

Found my AS50 at a helicopter crash site which was pretty easy to find.

• Like 1

It's incredibly easy to find rare weapons if you raid the barracks and heli crash sites. I always find a AS50/DMR/L85 as well as a crapload of M4 variants. I don't see why people have trouble getting them, the majority of players get them from either looting or killing other players for them. Hackers use non-DayZ weapons like thermal AS50s. They do definitely need to add batteries to night vision, electronic scopes, etc and make them rare/hard to find to balance the availability out. Also: add thermal insulation to a form of clothing to counter Thermal Vision as so many people complain about it. Duping will eventually be fixed (maybe), but it won't stop the groups who will just raid every server, hopping around and stockpiling.

It's incredibly easy to find rare weapons if you raid the barracks and heli crash sites. I always find a AS50/DMR/L85 as well as a crapload of M4 variants.

Always? You always find those things? Come on, dude. The % spawn chances are published.

I have looted probably ~40 crashed helicopters in the months I've played this game and I've found 2x AS50s and 2x L85s in all those choppers.

Weapons and equipment are common because there are 100 different ways to duplicate items, some of which happen unintentionally almost as often as they happen on purpose. That's all there is to it. Nothing to do with looting anything.

• Like 2

i had a SVD camo ONCE, it was yesterday. Some dudes were stupid enough to set up camp on top of the hill next to elektro. I just looted their tent, picked up a ghillie and sniper. Sweet

Always? You always find those things? Come on, dude. The % spawn chances are published.

I have looted probably ~40 crashed helicopters in the months I've played this game and I've found 2x AS50s and 2x L85s in all those choppers.

Weapons and equipment are common because there are 100 different ways to duplicate items, some of which happen unintentionally almost as often as they happen on purpose. That's all there is to it. Nothing to do with looting anything.

Yeah, in a night's worth of looting I'll always find at least a handful of those. I have nearly always found a DMR/AS50 at HCS and numerous ghillies and NVGs etc. If you hit up every spawn then you will accumulate quite easily. And yeah, duplicating happens everywhere and I always find a tent city filled with rare weapons, but that's just due to a game bug with saving. It's not fixed right now and who knows if it ever will be: that is where the problem lies.

Edited by jakeo10

Although i agree with the ridiculous duping issue, i can definitely relate to finding boatloads of some of the rarer guns. My group has found no less that 10 chopper crash sites this weekend, on them we found 5x AS50s, 2x L85, 2x M249, and many others, one chopper had 2x AS50s on it and another had 3x Bizons. So i wouldn't doubt that he has has some serious luck with finding high end weapons.

In contrast, three of us have regularly gone to the NW Airfield and raided the Barracks, probably 7 or 8 times this week alone. I have never seen so much trash loot in a high value area as i have this last few visits. We cycled the north barracks last night and came up with 2 guns, an AKS and AKM, tons of cans, painkillers and chemlights but no good guns. I mainly want a M16 ACOG, but that is turning out to be the most rare gun in the game, i have seen them in tents and on enemys we've killed, but never in a loot spawn. Im happy to say the only items i have that were looted out of tents are my M4 SD and my rangefinders, everything else was looted legit, and over the last few weeks multiple times, enough so that i have my own tents scattered around and will be able to re gear quickly when the time comes. But its taken a ton of work and time, and fortunately a great group of guys that support each other.

I know the good guns are there, but it seems patterns of luck and loot are different for everyone.

Our group has kind of shot ourselves in the foot. We used to take runs up north for weapons/gear all the time.

But, in the last few weeks we have found multiple tent camps with every weapon or gear item you can think of. So now, we just log in to a specific server, run to one of the camps, gear up and then stay in Cherno and Electro for the most part. At first we didn't understand the tent duping, and just figured these fellows keep resupplying their tents. After finding out about the crappy save system, we still continue to raid these camps. It's just too easy not too.

Now we find ourselves logging out much sooner, and not playing as often. We basically ruined our own gaming experience. Still have our server up, and I just mainly keep an eye over that until I lose interest with it.

I'm really looking forward to the stand alone.

They just dupe it.. or hack it into the game.. thats why, AS50 and M107 are off limits, only hackers uses these weapons

Incorrect, I found my first Heli site yesterday. To my surprise it had an M107 with one mag.

They can be found, its just not that easy.

I also found myself a FN-FAL AN/PVS-4 :P

Found an FN FAL and an M14 at a heli crash yesterday. Three mags for each. Then I found some more DMR mags in a deer stand. Just before that, I had a DMR I found in a tent. Got killed an lost it. Fifteen minutes later, I find the FN FAL and M14. :D

EDIT: Next day I find an M107, and the next day two more FN FALs and another M107...

Edited by kebman

It's incredibly easy to stock up on good guns. Just find a server that's almost empty, find a car, then drive around every deer stand, potential heli crash sight, airfield, barracks etc. Also try driving up the West and North coast as there are lots of camps up and around there.

I've probably found 5 heli crash sites since I've started playing over a month ago? I've found an M107, L85, and an AS50 (last night) so far. So I guess some peoples luck is a lot different. Of course when I run across a crash site I seem to find them at the same time , because until last night it had been at least 2 weeks since I had seen a heli crash site. Almost came on here wondering if the game was broken haha.

Also, I've noticed other problems that need to be fixed along with duping--server admins rolling back their servers... I'm not sure how many times I've found loot in a vehicle or tent, taken it, and stashed in in my tent, just to find it gone and back in the original spot. I'm pretty sure my buddy and I blew up the server admins Ural. Guess what? We woke up the next day to that Ural being back...

Majority of weapons you see these days will be hacked in and passed on from person to person via looting dead bodies.

Mod is fucked these days, I'd love to go back to the early days where actually seeing an AS50/M107 was the bees knees.

Edited by pmjkerr

High tier loot falls from the sky nowadays. Literally. Some guy dropped down from a building in Elektro and crashed right next to me. Died instantly and carried an AS50 TWS which I now own.

Keep your eyes on the skies. The loot is out there.

• Like 1