Sign in to follow this  
NaturaI

No one goes up north anymore..

I'm running around asking to be shot at in a 60 man server at NWAF and Stary Sobor and not one person engaged at me, if you have high powered weapons please be a man and go up north to fight, don't camp the major cities sniping people with flashlights, thank you.

• Like 5

I generally hang out in the center and northern portions of the map. I know electro and chern are hot with snipers so I tend to stay clear. NWAF and NEAF and anything inbetween is where I thrive.

Theres not much point. What I found was that whenever I went North, when I wasn't try to deal with graphical glitches that I couldn't flush, a hacker would teleport to me with godmode and kill me. Best to just stay on the coast, not worth making the travel North.

• Like 3

Currently traveling the north as a drifter. Every few spawns, I end up on the coast, so I just travel north. So far, on my one char. I have two weeks, 300 zed kills, two murders, and have found 7 vehicles. I have not encountered a single player in the north as of yet, my murders were from elektro.

The North is for people who like to play videogames with imagination.

We scavange, kill zombies on site and observe those who are real; before we engage them that is.

Quite the opposite of the towns/airstrips actually.

If you are up north and are not enjoying these elements of the world then you should do one of two things.

1. Go to the towns and play their game.

2. Go play another game.

Edited by SANDMAN DAN
  • Like 4

No one wants to go to a place full of graphics problems which is a boon right now for those who dont have those issues. Military zombies that cause the issues should be removed until the issue is resolved. The teleport issue took a hit from BE lately,I've seen a few dozen try it on my usual server and get zapped away. I've even seen one rather dense hacker try 3 times to teleport everyone to thunderdome only to have all 3 (likely stolen) GUID's banned. Different GUID,same name,same result.

Frustrating to finally get up north. Log for the evening. Next day try to log back in, 1st server gets stuck in loading screen, 2nd server hangs up in another screen, 3rd server stuck in logging in screen. BOOM spawn at coast.

• Like 1

That's cuz I'm sitting in a bush watching the OP make a fool of himself.

I play DayZ like how I would assault a town in Battleground Europe (WWII Online). Basically use terrain as cover, when going through exposed areas pick the path that leaves me exposed to fire for the shortest time possible, hit vantage points on the way and don't draw attention to yourself. I also only shoot people who are in a position to kill me.

The number of times I'm sneaking through a town and I hear gunfire as someone blazes their way through while I sit in a house camping the door or out the window.

Also, your way isn't the way to play.

• Like 1

Currently traveling the north as a drifter. Every few spawns, I end up on the coast, so I just travel north. So far, on my one char. I have two weeks, 300 zed kills, two murders, and have found 7 vehicles. I have not encountered a single player in the north as of yet, my murders were from elektro.

You aint very active are ya?

2 days alive, 419 zombz, 4 murders and NINETEEN bandits...

• Like 1

How do you play more than one character? I'm guessing just change your profile before you start? I can't seem to stay alive long enough to keep any of the good gear i find. I usually end up with a broken leg at some point and then kill myself because I have no idea where to find morphine. Well i'm sure its in a hospital or something lol.

It's only my second day so i'm still trying to figure out the best places to go. If i do run into someone, I'm usually dead before I notice they're around me or they don't answer when I talk to them and they just keep hoofin it where ever they are heading lol... Anyways... I'm usually in the northern part of the map only because I've found some deer stands that I can safely get a gun from lol.

You aint very active are ya?

2 days alive, 419 zombz, 4 murders and NINETEEN bandits...

Must have been your lucky day - twice in a row.

I was up north alot early on when playing DayZ, but I've been sticking to the coast more. Mostly just so I get more action. Did the survival thing, trying to find good loot, last as long as I can, it gets abit tedious and dull, so I've mostly just been attacking Cherno or Electro. Get some excitement that way.

Frustrating to finally get up north. Log for the evening. Next day try to log back in, 1st server gets stuck in loading screen, 2nd server hangs up in another screen, 3rd server stuck in logging in screen. BOOM spawn at coast.

You should avoid joining a server with a different update than you are on and that wont happen.

I'm trying, seem as if the scripters and hackers are gone for now.. havent heard more then one chopper in the air for quite some time now :)

This game and the servers are garbage. Theres no point. Ya go up north spend a whole day getting some good guns so next time you log on a server it respawns you on the coast or some hacker kills you. No point in even wasting the time. Games so hacked that I can spawn on the coast and loot a few bodys or kill a few players that will have th ebest gear in the game becuase its everywhere from hackers and just changes hands.

• Like 1

I go there all the time. List of the useless loot I found between stary and nwaf today;

2x m4a3 cco.

1x m16a2

2x fn FAL

2x fn FAL w/ aws sight and whatever the fuck it is

1x ak 74

2x AKM

1x g17

The North is for people who like to play videogames with imagination.

We scavange, kill zombies on site and observe those who are real; before we engage them that is.

Quite the opposite of the towns/airstrips actually.

If you are up north and are not enjoying these elements of the world then you should do one of two things.

1. Go to the towns and play their game.

2. Go play another game.

I love stalking players and learning their play style. One time I was leaving NEAF when I heard AK fire. I waited around and listened to a player battle his way through waves of zombs. I only saw him for a mere second before he ducked into a building. By time I got there he had left and was firing by the tower. Then I believe he looted the supermarket before I lost contact. It was alot of fun. Obviously he was a run and gun player

A coastal hermit like me wouldn't know what to do up that way anyway

I'm guessing what I'm doing now ..just different

I travelled all across northern cities and then I got killed by a hacker. Sure, I could do it again, but to me it's not worth leaving the shore, until some solution is found (aka waiting on standalone).

I know what you mean, a friend and I spent ages raiding towns further north and we only bumped into one other player the whole time. I think a lot of people who want PVP just tend to grab the first weapon they can find and run straight to Cherno or Elektro. I generally only hit the southern cities if I spawn right near them and have nothing to lose in doing a big run through and looting as much as possible.

Otherwise, myself and my friends generally head north towards Starry, occasionally hitting up Berezino if we're close to the East coast

Graphics glitches make barracks unapproachable for me. Airfield hanger loot and Stary tent loot is the same as deer stand loot. Crashed helo loot is better anyway. Those factors come together to make me roam the fields and forests, looking for crashed helos and tent camps, rather than risk getting sniped in hotzones. Thus, I'm "up north," but I rarely see other players, and they rarely see me.

Once the graphics glitches are fixed, I will probably start visiting the barracks again.