Sign in to follow this  
pjano

What's your favourite guns / weapon combination?

Hey, was just wondering what's your favourite combination of weapons in this game?

Here's mine:

M249 (found in a tent near Stary) - this thing is a beast personal defence weapon. Can shoot faster than the Mk 48 Mod and has more bullets per clip. Much prefer it over the L85 just because of the sheer damage it can unleash in a short amount of time. Can also take STANAGs if you're running low on ammo. Perfect gun for hijacking vehicles, especially bicycles, motorbikes, ATVs (I suppose it would be quite useful against a chopper too)

AS50 (found in a chopper crash site) - the mother of all snipers. This is the gun were I attempt to make 1000m kills (and sometimes succeed). Can stop a car in one shot and the bullet time isn't too bad even from extreme distances. You will need a rangefinder to get rough estimates of range for the long shots though.

Revolver - my zombie killing gun. The ammo is quite common so I dont have to hit deadly areas just for pistol ammo. Has a nice amount of range and a decent iron sight so you don't have to get up close and personal with the zeds.

SVD camo, I find its unique analog rangefinder rather fun and challenging to use and because it completes the aesthetic with the ghillie better than any other gun.

M4A1 CCO SD, quick smash-and-grab village raids, no bother sneaking around when you can clear your own path.

If I had to throw a secondary I guess it'd be the PDW, if only because I was rather amused at how I accidentally shot my friend in the back of the head and the one bullet knocked him flat out and he nearly got eaten after. Oops.

DMR with a backup M4A3 CCO.

My favorite combo to be honest. The DMR is good for longrange, the easiest sniper for me to use.

The M4A3 is just a good gun all around.

M24 is Beautiful and ammo is abundant

M4A1 CCO SD because its quiet and great for medium range shots

PDW for good clean zombie takedowns and it takes ALMOST any kind of bullets you can find

my favourite set up would be..

dmr, ammo is common plus compatible with nvg

secondary weapon m4a1 cco sd

and my side arm is always the pdw so much ammo

M24 - Super super common ammo, amazing accuracy, good scope.

M16 or M4 variant - Common ammo, good damage, lowish recoil, often good sights.

PDW - Ammo everywhere, clip size ranging from 15 to 30, decent accuracy.

Depending on my squad and their equipment/playstyle, I either go stealthy scout sniper with an M24/M4A1 SD/M9 SD, or more of an upfront assault with a sniper rifle as backup with something like M24/M16 or M4/PDW.

• Like 1

M24 - Best accuracy, i like the scope

FN FAL - Best of the choises for me, over 8000 damage with one bullet. Other choises would be M4A3 CCO, M4A1 CCO, M4A1 CCO SD, M14 AIM, MK48 mod O.

Something 9mm, most likely a G17 because its awesome accuracy, but everything goes. If not 9mm, M1911

M249 (found in a tent near Stary) [...] Much prefer it over the L85 just because of the sheer damage it can unleash in a short amount of time.

Methinks you don't understand why people use the L85.

I guess my ideal loadout would be

AS50, L85, MK 48 mod 0, and m9SD.

If I can't get a hold of the suppressed m9 then I guess change out the MK48 for a CCO SD.

By far my favourite combo to have is the M14 as my primary gun just because i love it so much and an as50 for the shots i can't do with the m14. I usually take m1911 or a revolver for secondary because ammo is common which allows me to carry extra bandages if i think i need them.

AS50, MP5SD (haven't been able to find a M4 CCO SD because my squad will pick them up usually) and an M9SD for when the zeds get too close. My spotter carries an L85 and a DMR for night time sniping.

Mines, and the reasons why.

Primary: Winchester

Secondary: G17

I do things backwards I guess. I normally try to survive with military weapons, and bandit with civilian ones. I've noticed the weapon you are carrying really effects things when people are deciding to shoot you. I've had people let me live due to my "PvE" primary on more than a couple occasions, which always leads to an easy kill. I keep the banditing to Lingor though.

Methinks you don't understand why people use the L85.

nah I've killed a few people with it and know how broken the scope is (especially at night). It's simply more fun to use the M249 and spot people the old fashion way instead of seeing where they are instantly ;)

p.s. If I really need to, I'll go with a squad mate who has an L85 and let him keep an eye out.

My current, are favorite set up would have to be -

L85A2 AWS; for it's supremacy at spotting hostiles and taking them down before they have even seen you. With it's zeroing and thermal capabilities this is a no-brainer. Trouble is if I die, it's a bitch to find.

FN FAL; this must be used as a back up with it's unmatched 8000 blood damaged, it is my prime choice for the CQB encounters that the L85's scope can't handle. Lay down 1 shot of this badboy and place it right, and your tango is down without even blinking.

M9SD; those pesky Zeds can really give away your position when having to fire at them, thus the M9SD is the perfect Zed killer, although ammo can be a pain to find.

Out of all the guns I've used the Lee Enfield is still one of my favourite guns in the game. G17 is my favourite handgun.

When I kill someone with a Lee Enfield I feel like I've accomplished something.

AS50 TWS, M14 AIM and M9SD. A pretty flexible combo.

Isn't the AS50 TWS a blacklisted weapon?

I have a new one now, L85 AWS and M24 with the m1911 as backup.

Feels more balanced

Isn't the AS50 TWS a blacklisted weapon?

It's a hacked weapon. But you can still use it aslong as you didnt spawn it in.

M24

M4SD

M9SD

Edited by JarethJams

DMR and I'm set. Best countersnipe gun in the game. While they're out there zeroing their AS50, I down them with mil-dot aiming.

Takes a lot of practice and knowledge of terrain. Shooting range is an awesome arma 2 mod.

Right now I'm carrying the DMR + M14 Aim combo. Great versatility and lethality. Fits well with my playstyle and I love only needing one type of ammo for both rifles.

Used to love the 1911 as a sidearm, but after it was nerfed, I prefer the G17 or PDW.

AS50 TWS, M14 AIM and M9SD. A pretty flexible combo.

Isn't the TWS a hacked weapon?

Isn't the TWS a hacked weapon?

Yes, it is.

It's a cheaters weapon used by cheaters. The cheaters will try to justify using by saying "It's OK as long as I'm not the one that spawned it in." Many people seem to have interpreted "You won't get banned by Battle Eye for simply using a hacked weapon you didn't spawn in yourself" as meaning "It's perfectly legitimate to knowingly use a hacked weapon." Takes a special form of twisted cheater logic to come to that conclusion; but many appear to have done so.

Sort of like saying, "If I cheat and Battle Eye doesn't ban me for it, it's not 'really' cheating."

If you know a particular weapon is hacked and you choose to use it anyway, you are a cheater, too.

Yes, it is.

It's a cheaters weapon used by cheaters. The cheaters will try to justify using by saying "It's OK as long as I'm not the one that spawned it in." Many people seem to have interpreted "You won't get banned by Battle Eye for simply using a hacked weapon you didn't spawn in yourself" as meaning "It's perfectly legitimate to knowingly use a hacked weapon." Takes a special form of twisted cheater logic to come to that conclusion; but many appear to have done so.

Sort of like saying, "If I cheat and Battle Eye doesn't ban me for it, it's not 'really' cheating."

If you know a particular weapon is hacked and you choose to use it anyway, you are a cheater, too.

How is it cheating?

• Like 1