Sign in to follow this  
pjano

What's your favourite guns / weapon combination?

Yes, it is.

It's a cheaters weapon used by cheaters. The cheaters will try to justify using by saying "It's OK as long as I'm not the one that spawned it in." Many people seem to have interpreted "You won't get banned by Battle Eye for simply using a hacked weapon you didn't spawn in yourself" as meaning "It's perfectly legitimate to knowingly use a hacked weapon." Takes a special form of twisted cheater logic to come to that conclusion; but many appear to have done so.

Sort of like saying, "If I cheat and Battle Eye doesn't ban me for it, it's not 'really' cheating."

If you know a particular weapon is hacked and you choose to use it anyway, you are a cheater, too.

u sound a liiiittle mad

How is it cheating?

How is knowingly using a hacked weapon cheating?

Really?

Try playing a 5th ace while playing poker with your friends and telling them "Hey, I didn't put it in there. Therefore, it's a legitimate hand. I win. Give me my money."

How is knowingly using a hacked weapon cheating?

Really?

Try playing a 5th ace while playing poker with your friends and telling them "Hey, I didn't put it in there. Therefore, it's a legitimate hand. I win. Give me my money."

Difference is, most people know there are hacked weapons in the game, and anyone can happen upon them. If everyone at the poker game knew there was a 5th ace ahead of time, and everyone had the same chance of drawing it, it's not cheating.

Anyone can pick up a scripted in weapon, most people probably have without realizing it (don't forget scripters don't always script in guns that aren't in the game, most of them just script in regular AS50s and shit). Same with duped items, which are ruining the game more than scripted ones.

• Like 1

Difference is, most people know there are hacked weapons in the game, and anyone can happen upon them.

Most people know there are hacks for the game and where to get them, too. Doesn't make it right. Plenty of scripters use cheats and claim "Everyone is doing it. I'm just evening things up." We've seen posts on this forum using that exact justification for using scripts. The difference is having the integrity and honesty not to utilize either hacks or hacked weapons. I know that's expecting way too much from anonymous, adolescent multi-player gamers, but it doesn't mean I have to buy these ridiculous rationalizations of cheating behavior. People can rationalize all they want, but if it's not supposed to be the game, it's not supposed to be in the game. If someone uses a hacked weapon, they sure as hell shouldn't cry about scripters, server hoppers, ghosters, and Alt-F4ing.

Anyone can pick up a scripted in weapon, most people probably have without realizing it

Agreed. That's why I specified "knowingly" using hacked weapons. Not every player is going to know every legitimate weapon in game and no one can telepathically know the origin of the weapon they just picked up, but every player that's played this more than a couple months should know what weapon types are supposed to be in the game.

Same with duped items, which are ruining the game more than scripted ones.

Duping is obviously a problem, but no one can know if it's duped or not with any degree of certainty. However, I do know with certainty when a certain type of weapon isn't supposed to be in DayZ at all.

Granted, someone finding and using an AS50 TWS isn't on the same level as mass teleporting everyone on the server to their deaths or using god mode (not even close), but it's still cheating.

Most illegitimate weapons have no markings - because they are not hacked but duped as has already been said here. But honestly, I believe that if you want to play 100% legit; you can not loot from a player - because of -how high- the possibility is of an item being duped (intentionally, unintentionally, and even sometimes, unknowingly).

Letting people use weapon they legitimately gained from killing a hacker/duper should be allowed to be kept as a trophy (and used whenever wanted ... hellls they earned them more than usual weapons most of the time!). Until hackers and dupers are gone anything found has that high chance of being duped so complaining about people using the gear they "know" is hacked (who do not hack) is imo a rather futile argument.

• Like 1

Most people know there are hacks for the game and where to get them, too. Doesn't make it right. Plenty of scripters use cheats and claim "Everyone is doing it. I'm just evening things up." We've seen posts on this forum using that exact justification for using scripts. The difference is having the integrity and honesty not to utilize either hacks or hacked weapons. I know that's expecting way too much from anonymous, adolescent multi-player gamers, but it doesn't mean I have to buy these ridiculous rationalizations of cheating behavior. People can rationalize all they want, but if it's not supposed to be the game, it's not supposed to be in the game. If someone uses a hacked weapon, they sure as hell shouldn't cry about scripters, server hoppers, ghosters, and Alt-F4ing.

Agreed. That's why I specified "knowingly" using hacked weapons. Not every player is going to know every legitimate weapon in game and no one can telepathically know the origin of the weapon they just picked up, but every player that's played this more than a couple months should know what weapon types are supposed to be in the game.

Duping is obviously a problem, but no one can know if it's duped or not with any degree of certainty. However, I do know with certainty when a certain type of weapon isn't supposed to be in DayZ at all.

Granted, someone finding and using an AS50 TWS isn't on the same level as mass teleporting everyone on the server to their deaths or using god mode (not even close), but it's still cheating.

There's a difference between using a third party program to script in weapons yourself and taking a gun off of someone that you legitimately killed. If someone scripts in a weapon that's supposed to be a lot better than other in-game offerings, and I kill him legitimately with lower tier weapons, then as far as I'm concerned, I earned whatever gear he had fair and square. Anyone could have killed him and taken the gun, anyone could kill me and take it, it's just another weapon in circulation at that point.

Honestly, I feel like it gives me something to strive for after I get fully geared (which takes 15-20 minutes on main hive servers because of the duping problems). Instead of looking for the "super rare" AS50, L85, etc. that 1 in 5 people has, I get to look for scripted weapons.

That's not to say that I think scripting in weapons is a good thing for the game, I'd rather have it be played as it was intended, no duping or scripting or anything, but that isn't going to happen until standalone (and even then it will still likely be a problem), but scripting in weapons that aren't in DayZ, and using said weapons, is by far the most benign exploit/cheat that I've seen in the game so far. Ammo refreshing, duping, mass kill scripts, etc. are all ruining the game far more.

• Like 1

so I lost my previous gear mentioned in this thread

Am now using

L85

M4A1 CCO SD

M9 SD

and it feels pretty sexy

edit: Let's face it - the reason why I liked the M249 over L85 is holding down the trigger and shooting in 100 bullet bursts but L85 is the more sensible weapon of the two.

Edited by pjano

CZ500 + AKM + m1911

Surviving now for 39 days, counter-sniping mostly wannabe AS50 and M107 pro bandits. I never bother to take their high end weapons. Plenty of ammo for my CZ which is still deadly accurate at 700-800m. AKM for close encounters with other players if I get pinned down and m1911 for clearing zombies outta my way. Gotta love this game.

1: MK 48 / M249 Great when prone to light up half exposed targets. Just 6-9rd burst his POS and down he goes.

2: M9SD / 1911 SD is preferred. Granted its less dmg but its good for taking out zombies while raiding. 1911 is second for stopping power and mag size.

Fall back: M4s / M16s 5.56 is easy to find and the rifles are great for all around mobility and accuracy.

NOTE: M249 can use the 30rd 5.56 mags ........ that's right, because it's a game they don't jam!

Edited by Col. Kurtz
  • Like 1

I love my MK 48.. It's got the power of the FN Fal, only i've got 100 bullets in one box, and it's got an aimpoint red dot.

Beast.

• Like 1

mk48 as primary as it has camo, lots of ammo per mag and hits 8000 blood with each bullet aswell as having a red dot sight

have an m4a1 sd in my backpack for any silent missions like sneaking into towns for supplies and you dont want to attract the whole town!

and the g17 as my sidearm as i just really like it :)

this is what im currently running, wouldnt mind a sniper but im not very good at long distance so i stick with two relatively close quarter weapons

My m4 holo because i love holo sights and the gnade launcher.

My m107 because its friggin beast.

And my g17 because it can take nearly every mag and I love the iron sights.

But if I'm playing on night servers, I'd rather take my l85 aws.

Edited by lian442

AS50 (TWS if I find it with one): Because I can drop a target without them even knowing I'm there. It is also quiet for a sniper.

L85A2 AWS: You can take down someone at close to medium range without them ever locating you during the firefight. You can also scan with it and enemies stand out like sore thumbs.

G17: Due to its large mag and iron sights it is a great zombie killer, can also be used to take down a player in a desperate situation.

my favourite combo as of now (since working with a large group) is:

L85 AWS - spotting

SVD Camo - sexy, can stay hidden

DMR - night time sniping

M9 SD or PDW - M9 is my silenced weapon or occassionally enjoy unloading a mag of PDW into a group of zombies.

any thoughts or changes of mind that you guys have had?

well since i got killed while I was pking clan members, I've decided to go back to my little assault load out

- dmr 5mags long range sniper plus night vision

- mk 48 mod 0 2 belts i find this the best to go on a rampage

- m9 just a great all-round pistol ammo is plentiful

For me...Im currently running the following set up.

Primary: M14 AIM. I absolutely LOVE this gun. Ammo is plentiful enough that I never really.need to worry about running out of ammo, unless I am throwing bullets away like they are candy. 8000 damage per hit, accurate as hell.

Sniper: M24. I love the accuracy here. Lets you take accurate shots pretty easily with the zeroing function. Not to mention the ability to share ammunition with my M14.

Secondary: M9 SD. Silenced. Accurate enough at close ranges. Effective.

When diving into the world of Banditry I prefer an L85 AWS and an AS50 with G17, would like to try an SVD camo but never found one.

When riding into the world of surviving I prefer an M4 CCO SD, Silenced gun with all the perks of power, range and damage. and Of course a G17

And on the off chance I am with people or rolling as a medic I keep an MK. 48 and A PDW

AS50 TWS

Hello sir, I'd like to know where you get your hacks.

Anyways, my favorite loadout is:

Primary: M14 AIM. I like the semi-auto fire, it gets dead accuracy up to 300 meters, and it does 8000 blood damage.

Primary2: If I'm feeling stealthy, I prefer the M4A1CCOSD. No sneaking.

Secondary: AS50. THE POWER.

Secondary2: If I feel like I'm too overpowered, I'll take the M24. Great accuracy, zero-able scope, 1 shot kill.

Side arm: PDW, so much ammo.

Side arm2: G17. Amazing accuracy.

AS-50 TWS for scanning for people and long range.

Mk48 for shorter distance stuff.

PDW-SD for zombie duty.

AS-50 TWS for scanning for people and long range.

Mk48 for shorter distance stuff.

PDW-SD for zombie duty.

AS-50 TWS is a hacked gun, but might be legit since it used to be in the game.. But PDW-SD has never been in DayZ so its 100% hacked