byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

i have taught my self how to read the ingame map using a compass so i will be back on :)

Now thats commitment mate :D just awsome haha

i have taught my self how to read the ingame map using a compass so i will be back on :)

Were you on yesterday, Fuddy? some dude called Fudd was online but he did not respond to my awesomely devastating sexual advances so I'm thinking it wasn't you :(

This is ripper, some of you have met me in game, I drove a bus about the NE airfield for a while. :)

I was talking about scripts to detect hacks, and I know someone posted earlier about it.

If we can extract vehicle location data with a server side script, then we could have it save their locations every five mins.

Then, if 5 vehicles ever showed up in the same 100 meters, it would revert all vehicles to their positions saved 5 mins ago.

Keeps hackers from teleporting all cars together, which seems to be the most popular script right now.

I also mentioned a script which checked the zombie kills of any player with an AS50 or M107, and deleted the weapon if they had less then 5.

I'm guessing its unlikely a player would run into that script, and it would frustrate the hell out of a scripter.

This is ripper, some of you have met me in game, I drove a bus about the NE airfield for a while. :)

I was talking about scripts to detect hacks, and I know someone posted earlier about it.

If we can extract vehicle location data with a server side script, then we could have it save their locations every five mins.

Then, if 5 vehicles ever showed up in the same 100 meters, it would revert all vehicles to their positions saved 5 mins ago.

Keeps hackers from teleporting all cars together, which seems to be the most popular script right now.

I also mentioned a script which checked the zombie kills of any player with an AS50 or M107, and deleted the weapon if they had less then 5.

I'm guessing its unlikely a player would run into that script, and it would frustrate the hell out of a scripter.

This is interesting mate. I will be more then happy to provide all the information you need, server side, to make this happen ;)

PM me and we can talk it over mate.

I had to do it this server is amazing n it wud have been a shame to not play just cuz i cudnt read a map lol n wayney nope wasnt me mate altho i wish to hear these advances shall we say a classy dinner at mccdonalds i will pick u up on my pimped out mobility scooter at 8?

• Like 1

I had to do it this server is amazing n it wud have been a shame to not play just cuz i cudnt read a map lol n wayney nope wasnt me mate altho i wish to hear these advances shall we say a classy dinner at mccdonalds i will pick u up on my pimped out mobility scooter at 8?

Im getting all warm and fuzzy :D

Hmm, there are likely to be situations, where friends are parking up to or more than 5 vehicles at a camp site, so we need a script that detects if a vehicle is teleporting and then sets it back to its last saved location, if this is possible.

Hmm, there are likely to be situations, where friends are parking up to or more than 5 vehicles at a camp site, so we need a script that detects if a vehicle is teleporting and then sets it back to its last saved location, if this is possible.

true, we would have to find a way for the script to know they have been "Teleported" maybe make it save more oftent and then detect anomalies to the normal pattern or something. it has to be something where the 5 vehicles the script detects, must have moved more then they normally do.

so me and peter (ll 9 ll Cisse) have been trying out the Takistan map and my god it is amazing plenty sniper points around the towns plenty loot plenty PvP chances and 2 big airstrips BOTH with military spawns plus other smaller and more spaced out (than lingor) military barracks but not too many thanks god its a difficult map because of the open spaces and tons of hills/sniper spots and its really really fun played for about 6 hours last night (where i learned to read in game map) so im giving this a BIG recommendation maybe 1 day soon Byr we could go here for another 'Vacation' lol what do you think?

I agree that would be preferable, but I'm not sure if that would take up too much server resources. How would you track how far a vehicle has moved? Building a database of their current locations, comparing it to a database of their last location, and reverting any vehicles that went over x meters between builds? You'd have to rebuild the databases frequently enough that a vehicle never drove outside of your limit (how many meters traveled to have been "teleported"). I wasn't sure if that would take too much server resources. Not sure if we're running on an i7, or a Pentium 4, lol. Its also harder to write.

I agree that would be preferable, but I'm not sure if that would take up too much server resources. How would you track how far a vehicle has moved? Building a database of their current locations, comparing it to a database of their last location, and reverting any vehicles that went over x meters between builds? You'd have to rebuild the databases frequently enough that a vehicle never drove outside of your limit (how many meters traveled to have been "teleported"). I wasn't sure if that would take too much server resources. Not sure if we're running on an i7, or a Pentium 4, lol. Its also harder to write.

Have a look at this & this mate.

It might be worth looking into :)

so me and peter (ll 9 ll Cisse) have been trying out the Takistan map and my god it is amazing plenty sniper points around the towns plenty loot plenty PvP chances and 2 big airstrips BOTH with military spawns plus other smaller and more spaced out (than lingor) military barracks but not too many thanks god its a difficult map because of the open spaces and tons of hills/sniper spots and its really really fun played for about 6 hours last night (where i learned to read in game map) so im giving this a BIG recommendation maybe 1 day soon Byr we could go here for another 'Vacation' lol what do you think?

Uhh we are gonna vacation alright :) when ever Bliss is done testing it hehe. but i actually dont know what maps they are testing, they only said "2 new maps are under testing right now" sooooo ;)

Uhh we are gonna vacation alright :) when ever Bliss is done testing it hehe. but i actually dont know what maps they are testing, they only said "2 new maps are under testing right now" sooooo ;)

Ohhhhh yeah I hope they finish testing pretty soon as its totes amaze balls lol

Ohhhhh yeah I hope they finish testing pretty soon as its totes amaze balls lol

Yeh me to mate. It seems thoose Bliss devs are pretty fast to roll out updates and they test it thoroughly

Yeah me and Byr were discussing the Takistan and Utes maps. Takistan may be a prob cos atm its being developed/sponsored by the server dudes Vilayer.

yeh and they are NOT keen on going opensource thoose c**** ;)

EDIT:

i might have found a way to increase the amount of zombies around players :) could make it interesting hehe

Edited by Byrgesen

Have a look at this & thismate.

It might be worth looking into :)

The first link looks good but I couldn't see where in that .fsm file he stops vehicles from being teleported. People in the comments were saying it does not work as well. Can someone explain how

"playableUnits = [player,""test2""];" \n

"allUnits = [player,""test2""];" \n

"vehicles = [""test1"",""test2""];" \n

"allMissionObjects = [""test1"",""test2""];" \n

would prevent that? I've never written scripts for DayZ, so maybe it makes sense to yall.

The second link looks really good!

The first link looks good but I couldn't see where in that .fsm file he stops vehicles from being teleported. People in the comments were saying it does not work as well. Can someone explain how

"playableUnits = [player,""test2""];" \n

"allUnits = [player,""test2""];" \n

"vehicles = [""test1"",""test2""];" \n

"allMissionObjects = [""test1"",""test2""];" \n

would prevent that? I've never written scripts for DayZ, so maybe it makes sense to yall.

The second link looks really good!

No not really :) dunno excactly how the scripts work

Alright guys, I'm going to give your server a go after being randomly insta killed with no one around me for the second time in two days on the regular ones! So if you see a random, wide-eyed Falconberger scuttling between buildings in Cherno through your sniper scope, have mercy on a beginner.

i might have found a way to increase the amount of zombies around players :) could make it interesting hehe

Could you make a poll on that, Byrg? Cause I really think we got enough zombies. This would only result in people being forced to visit Stary and NW airfield more often to ammo up again.

Could you make a poll on that, Byrg? Cause I really think we got enough zombies. This would only result in people being forced to visit Stary and NW airfield more often to ammo up again.

tbh there can never be enough zombies mate :) you alone deside how much ammo you wanna use, or how much you wanna sneak.

i havent changed anything yet, just looking at it :)

but the change im thinking of is something along the line of 5-10 more zombies around a player, or buildings. dunno where bliss spawns the zombies.

im kinda missing the feel if a changing world, i mean its been a loooong time since the outbreak and alot of people have gotten infected since that

Edited by Byrgesen