byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

yes, the consequense on your actions are much greater in Chernarus :)

as you guys have said several times now, coz of the low loot amount and how hard it is to actually find rare stuff, compared to Lingor :)

Ava im happy o have you back mate :) we missed you on our "vacation" to Lingor hehe, but now we are back and the game has changed :)

I've never tried ACRE so I don't know how that works, but I know it's a pretty detailed radio system with proper voice communication, issues such as reception, range, static and different channels is included as far as I know. And it's a system applied on top of ArmA, so it's probably really easy to get into DayZ.

As for ACE, that's a whole other thing, ACE modifies so much of the original game that I'm not sure it would work with DayZ, it does add lots of nice things though, like encumberance, movement speed effects to heavy loads and stuff like that. If anything I wish that much of that stuff gets included in DayZ someday. But with standalone coming along it's pretty certain that many additional features won't be added to the mod - Why work your ass off going aorund the lmitations of ArmA when you can easily add them from scratch in DayZ standalone?

As it stands right now though, I'm pretty sure I will be buying standalone so it doesn't matter to me :)

The ACRE sounds interesting mate, im gonna check up on it :)

The ACE i know, can be run, have seen it on servers. But i dunno how, it doesnt seem easy.

And regarding the mod dev state, we have from Official sources, that the dev will continue even after standalone (wich i also will be bying) so im hoping.

and im exited about the standalone and the server options, if i cant host private, i might stay at the mod, but dunno. it really depends on the server options and pricing.

I really hate running long distances, its such a waste of time. When I need to run across Chernarus (to get to my body or smthn else) i simply lock my "W" key and switch to my laptop watching videos, fb etc.

I really hate running long distances, its such a waste of time. When I need to run across Chernarus (to get to my body or smthn else) i simply lock my "W" key and switch to my laptop watching videos, fb etc.

well my friend, you are lazy ^_^ but i to have a piece of cardboard to jam in the keyboard for thoose long runs haha. works like a charm.

Looked at the ACRE, and apperently it connect to teamspeak or ventrilo, through the gameclient and uses that for chat, so its not a BIG advantage for us really. it has other nice features aswell, but i dont know if we really need it.

ACE on the otherhand is a whole other project, requiring alot more effort, but it would add a crazy amount of realism to the game, if possible.

While I understand and agree with the point you are making - it is very boring running all over the map - I want to stress that doing those across-the-map sprints are not actually "playing-as-intended". The idea is to begin from scratch on every spawn. Looting, gearing up, surviving. When all the intended features are added it will actually be completely impossible to do those runs.

Stamina - Your character will get tired, slow down and maybe even trip or pass out if pushed to hard.

Animals - Wolves, bears, boars etc. Running straight into a boar or a pack of wolves is not recommended.

And so on, so if you have issues with these things, I'm afraid you will not like the finished product. Unless of course they change the direction of the game to make it more accessible and less "bordering on insanity" :P

Personally I love the idea of this. The zombies are a threat in villages and cities, animals are a threat in the forests. And of course, it would be even better if the zombies and animals didn't like each other. Leading to a three sided confilct with you smack in the middle.

But of course, I understand that lots of people want to play these type of games in a more straight forward way, it might however be better to go for a different game in that case.

About ACRE, that's right, I forgot about the TS/vent connection. I still think some of the functions in there would make a difference, and since the server is more open now it would also allow other ACRE players to hop in, not sure how you would handle the connection to TS/Vent though? ... starting to sound overly complicated...

Positive thing about ACE is that it's readily available and very finetuned, so if you get it running somehow it's not very difficult for players to download, install and load up. It might still limit the connection of new players though.

• Like 1

Very valid point Dugge.

I am hoping for a Dayz like that in the future mate and it looks like its the road Rocket wanna drive down.

Well, we could team up and have a look at that ACRE/ACE. i mean if it really does improve the game so much, i believe people would like to download it to play :)

Dayz is at the point right now, where the community has to do something ekstra. The devs cant so its up to us to figure it out atm. So this could be the "something ekstra" the other servers dont have :D

Any reason why you're not on the latest Beta Patch?

ask Bliss when its gonna be compatible mate :D

they arent using the latest yet in the official build.

My guess, is its not stabil enough and they might skip it to the next for more stability, dunno what else it could be

Edited by Byrgesen

Well, we could team up and have a look at that ACRE/ACE. i mean if it really does improve the game so much, i believe people would like to download it to play :)

Dayz is at the point right now, where the community has to do something ekstra. The devs cant so its up to us to figure it out atm. So this could be the "something ekstra" the other servers dont have :D

I just had a look at the ACE feature list to update myself. And there actually aren't much in there that applies completely on DayZ, 90% of ACE is connected to weapons, vehicles, explosions and "military realism". The only things I can think of that actually would have a good effect on DayZ is the stamina/encumbrance system and the blood trail when wounded thing.

And as you said yourself, there are DayZ servers out there running ACE already, so it appears to be working. Not sure if they've done something to adjust things. Getting the stamina working would be great fun, but I believe that you have to add "weight" parameters to items for them to affect stamina, and since DayZ adds stuff on it's own, these items will not be included and can't be edited without editing DayZ.

If we do want to add ACE, or at least the tastier features of ACE, we need to do some research first. Try and figure out what the ACE servers have done and how well it is working.

Adding ACE may actually decrease the interest in the server because of the additional download requirement. Sad but true :(

HERE ARE SOME QUICK FIXES:

If, when joining this (or any) DayZ server, you are presented with the "Bad version, server rejected connection." error message, it's a simple fix! The problem with this is the fact that you're using steam to launch DayZ. If you're using steam, try to use SixLauncher or DayZ Commander (links at bottom). If you're already using DayZ commander, go into its settings and make sure "Launch using steam" is NOT selected.

If, when joining this server, you get an error message saying "Connecting failed.", then make sure you have the same DayZ & ArmA 2 Beta versions as this server.

Good luck!

Hey guys, had fun last night playing on your server, decided to try a private hive server for the first time. Found myself wondering how to play in this apparently more tighly knit and perhaps friendlier community with a side chat on and all. I usually play a lone wolf who avoids trouble by avoiding other players, wasn't sure what to do if someone asks "anyone in cherno?" while I was there :P.

Stalked some of you guys loot Cherno hospital from roughly 30 meters away, was looting the apartments opposite when suddenly a chick with M14 and roadflares showed up with bunch of guys with vehicles. I guess I should have anounced my presence to meet some friendlies (?), but my chernarus woodhermit instincts took over I just observed what you guys were up to.

Anyway, seems like a great server to play on, looking forward to some fun times.

Byrgesen, we got hacked twice yesterday. The first time, all vehicles were teleported west of Kaminka and it took us almost an afternoon to get some of them back and destroying the unowned ones. Second time must have happened during the night or early this morning, cause my truck is gone again and it was hidden very well.

Seems like BattlEye still isnt helping shit against some annoying scripts so I vote for reenabling a password to keep out hackers visiting servers by random.

DuggeDank und Ripper have offered to help us create some custom anti-hacker scripts and what they were saying sounded awesome and still simple enough to me.

Could you please delete all destroyed vehicles and the ones without any inventory in it, so new ones can spawn?

Edited by Avatar73

Byrgesen, we got hacked twice yesterday. The first time, all vehicles were teleported west of Kaminka and it took us almost an afternoon to get some of them back and destroying the unowned ones. Second time must have happened during the night or early this morning, cause my truck is gone again and it was hidden very well.

Seems like BattlEye still isnt helping shit against some annoying scripts so I vote for reenabling a password to keep out hackers visiting servers by random.

DuggeDank und Ripper have offered to help us create some custom anti-hacker scripts and what they were saying sounded awesome and still simple enough to me.

Could you please delete all destroyed vehicles and the ones without any inventory in it, so new ones can spawn?

That's 2 votes for password back. I want the password back! We all do!

Ok I did give it a go but 1st person is just not for me. I think the game just doesnt work that way and it gives me a headache somehow. Even with headbob turned all the way off.

Ok I did give it a go but 1st person is just not for me. I think the game just doesnt work that way and it gives me a headache somehow. Even with headbob turned all the way off.

Lmao, you lasted not even 10 minutes D:

PUT THE DAMN PASSWORD BACK ON! RANDOM PEOPLE ARE FUCKING TELEPORTING AND HACKING DAMN IT!

Please, Chris can you enhance this statement with some proof/details (names, locations, what happened, etc.) as it would help Byr immensely.

Just checked online. My vehicle, at the time of this post, was still there, thank god.

I did notice a player was on the server who I am sure Jimmies had banned earlier, after the first hacking incident (the vehicles being teleported west of Kamenka).I could be wrong though and maybe he was just kicked at the time.

I for one also vote for the return of the server password. BattlEye, on it's own right now, is too ineffective. Although i noticed, whilst playing, it was going into overdrive kicking players from the server, for all sorts of reasons, it was still not enough to let slip through at one scumbag skiddie, who proceeded as usual to ruin everyone's enjoyment of the game.