byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

rofl, well was it a good idea to steal it then?

id say so :D

EDIT:

v. 1.7.2.6 just came out :) waiting for the server files for private atm

EDIT2:

Im gonna jump to bed soon, so unless the update for private comes out in the next half an hour, its gonna be 2morrow ;)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

dont worry about that patch, its only gonna clean up the artifacting glitches which i never suffered in Lingor anyways^^

EDIT: Okay, nvm, they also fixed the tent saving so bring it on :D

Edited by SoUndSo

yeh bring on the patch :) tbh i dont rly care to much about the changes, as much as being up to date lol.

im thinking, if im up to date, hopefully the bugs wont punish me to much :)

but still no 1.7.2.6 server.pbo for private yet :(

found AS50 and L85A2 RIS CWS

But died while running around tent which was placed in the bushes with trees (didnt manage to get in the perfectly hidden tent =( )

It is so weird to be killed by a tree.

And lost both cars (one turned upside down while parking, second simple disappeared). Glad such thing don't happen in real world)

yeh, ive been thinking about wiping the vehicles tables (vehicles, tents, hedgehogs, wire, sandbag) for the new update.

im sick of all the dupping that has taken place, coz of the bugs. what do you guys think?

and since vehicles and tents should save proberly after next update, it would be a good idea to wipe the object.

still keeping character data ofc.

and the server team is testing the new spawn script updates, so hopefully theres a new spawn scripts soon.

the vehicle problem (randomly dissappering) could also be solved by a DB wipe and reinstall i think.

btw, how exactly did it disappear? could help me find the issue.

EDIT:

BTW i dont believe that L85a2 RIS CWS is a part of dayz. the correct one is L85a2 AWS.

so its most likely a hacked weapon... another reason to wipe.

EDIT2:

I made a poll, go vote people :D

Edited by Byrgesen

L85a2 - i just dont remember the correct name. Got it from crash site, so its not a hack)

Car, saved before restart, but it didn't work (gone after restart). Tent with pretty good stufff remained untouched. So it doesn't look like someone has found my camp)

I vote strictly against yet another wipe, even if its only affecting vehicles. I found my favorite ride just a few days ago... :(

true ava. but this wipe is to combat the dupping issue we have had the last couple of weeks.

Its no fun when people are running around with 4 NVG's and stuff like that. i hate the dupping so much, so much.

but i cant ban people for dupping, as the server would be emtpy then lol and its not really a cheat, more an bug and exploit tbh. stuff gets dupped on accident all the time.

and theres a MILLION tents with nothing in em lol. gues the placement was off so they got reset or was never used.

Im also possitive that i can fix some of the DB related bugs by reinstalling it, such as random people dying on login, vehicles dissappering and saving issues.

Woozie:

What vehicle? Newly found or crashed or?

and the L85 is prob ok then, but it should be named AWS proberly :)

Edited by Byrgesen

And its a fact that the new patch will prevent duping?

I would hate loosing stuff just for nothing. Especially since I didnt dupe anything.

Edited by Avatar73

rocket has states that tent and vehicle saves work as its suppose to now, so that means you arent able to dupe anymore.

if the inventory saves proberly, you wont be able to dupe at all :)

I dont wanna reset the DB, if i dont think its gonna help us mate.

And theres some other stuff i want to try and fix, wich i only can do by deleting some of the DB and reinstalling it.

I voted yes since there is a lot of duped stuff. Most fun I find in the game is actually gearing up and finding the stuff. Like yesterday Byr, u know what I mean ;)

exactly mate ;) we had loads of fun hehe.

i really hope the 1.7.2.6 can fix the dupping issue once and for all.

still waiting for the server files tho :( as it has to be modded to work for private server.

maybe the server team is gonna throw in some other updates? got my hopes up hehe

i vote a PROFOUND NO to resetting tents and vehicles i got my stuff i need in them and i love my UAZ so my vote is NO the new update stops dupeing COMPLETELY so no point i don't wanna loose my vehicle AGAIN

Also if it does happen i for 1 wont be playing again i have worked too hard and put too many hours into getting the stuff to just loose it for no real reason

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

hmm elmer.

you do realize you are playing dayz right? and thats its an active alpha testing, just like minecraft?

In every single minecraft alpha and beta update, you had a complete reset to do proper testing, as it should be.

In dayz they pile "fixes" ontop of bugs and it doesnt help tbh.

Remember its the object table, not characters mate.

If i had it my way it would be a monthly reset of the entire DB for testing purposes.

It is the best way to find bugs, as some of em are carried on from previous patches.

I see your point, but to say its for no real reson is not a good reply tbh mate.

its for a very good reason, to get more stability in the game and to remove all the cheating thats have been taking place.

But i will be very sorry if you leave mate. Hope you dont leave, really.

EDIT:

Just fyi people, in order to play dayz you have to accept you will loose stuff in random and wierd ways.

Thats just how the game is atm guys, and i dont like it to well, but updating is the only way to go tbh.

The DB reset isnt for no reason, i would like to increase stability, but ofc i cant promise that dupping wont work, im not rocket.

I know some of you have some very nice stuff, but so did i have last night before i died, shit happens guys, this is dayz. i for one am totally in love with the hardcore gamemode dayz have. love loosing my stuff and feel utterly alone and afraid.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

well how about wipe vehicles and just leave tents? could that be done?

yes mate that could be done, i can safe all tents with items in em, i am mainly concerned with vehicles tbh.

coz they are dodgy atm, saving sometimes and randomly dissappering for no reason.

Thats my main concern, and ofc if the tent that does not work atm, will work after update? just dunno atm.

cpz we got a few tents, that keep resetting.

It will take longer to find all the tents, as all object ingame is in the same table lol.

There has been an update for the vehicle script to correct some of the errors found.

will update it when i get home :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

The reason i play Lingor is because its easier to gear up. You never run around for hours without seeing stuff, wherever you move within 2km there is a good military loot spot.

I voted for yes, but I dont have a camp on the server. I'd dare to enter a PVP Zone, unlucky i mostly play at night and most players who move into the PVP zones have got NVGs so it would be an uneven battle. Free the world of NVGs _D

Could you enhance the Zombie spawns manually? That'd be fun ;) like 100 Zombies in S A at the supermarket :D

Edited by SoUndSo

thx for the input mate :)

yeh NVG's are still a bitch to get hehe.

Zombie spawns, would require me to change the actual mod and you would all need my "special" version, unless i turn signature check off.

But then every douch with hes own modded version of dayz could join hehe, not a good idea :)

And the whole changing a mod, is not easy hehe. i dont think its worth it tbh, coz you would all need to have my version of dayz and not the official.

EDIT:

I, and the other admins, have made the decision to ban Applesauce.

If you (apple) are clueless to why, contact me, or quietly find another place to play your gamestyle, so to speak.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

i found it all a bit odd things like applesauce driving up a cliff in a heavy militart vehicle at 130mph seems a bit strange also how he knew where everything was with out really looking was strange too also how he found me in the middle of nowhere in like 5 mins when i was in a building n he was in his SUV lol

also Byr i have been thinking i think u shud wipe everything so everyone has to start even it would make the encounters at prison more tense as people will be looking for good loot so maybe more will go there so more PvP action :)

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

also Byr i have been thinking i think u shud wipe everything

Nooooooooooo!

Please, Elmer, stop thinking! ;)

• Like 1

HAHAHA ava good one :D

but elmer has a very good point and ppl really wants a wipe, its just you ava hehe ;) ultra carebear hehe