Sign in to follow this  
archaismic

Interactive Chernogorsk Map

if you have any data to add to the map just post it here and i'll try to get it in there ASAP

Are you working with TheCapulet?

There are chunks missing and it looks weird, should look complete.

I like the idea of clickable buildings, but maybe you could show the info

right there without having to go to another page?

ohhh thanks... wow.... i wish the people who could do things like that would do something usefull with their skills

updated... much prettier... i THINK i fixed all the manicly fast gif's but i might have missed some... let me know

Added a preloader so people that were having issues with the size can at least have something more entertaining to look at while everything loads? yay? nay?

Ya!

Buildings are rotating to fast imho.

When will the whole of Chernarus be finished ?

Na, joking

Thanks.

Keep up the good work.

Lovely - this deserves more attention (along with other such useful maps). I still suck at navigating at night, though :(

Ya!

Buildings are rotating to fast imho.

When will the whole of Chernarus be finished ?

Na' date=' joking

Thanks.

Keep up the good work.

[/quote']

Yeah i've been going back and slowing down the gif but it looks like i haven't gotten to them all, i would love to do this for all of chernarus but it's too much time and nobody wants to donate... i've been thinking of at least doing one for elektro but im not nearly as familiar there as i am cherno and nobody wants to contribute so... maybe one day

Lovely - this deserves more attention (along with other such useful maps). I still suck at navigating at night' date=' though :(

[/quote']

what would you like to see added?

I don't see why people keep making their own maps instead of tacking onto the wiki map through Google API's?

I don't see why people keep making their own maps instead of tacking onto the wiki map through Google API's?

because it's not as high a resolution, you can't add popup images or info, the positions aren't very accurate, half the time i've ever tried using it it's broken, painfully slow, or unavailable

and it's ugly

Here is the map for reference from Wiki:

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/Gmap/beta/gmap.html

- because it's not as high a resolution

Arguable. What is your perception of "resolution"? How close you can get to it before losing detail? How close do you need to get?

you can't add popup images or info

Yes you can.

the positions aren't very accurate

Yes they are. If you want GPS like coords, just add to wiki (it is a wiki after all).

half the time i've ever tried using it it's broken, painfully slow, or unavailable

What, are you on Dial-up AND using Internet Explorer 6?

and it's ugly

Who freaking needs "pretty". And you can make it "pretty" if you like.

The main argument I have here is not all those things you tried to mention, but the fact that everyone is making their personalized map, and their consolidated efforts could make one better map to rule us all.

Here is the map for reference from Wiki:

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/Gmap/beta/gmap.html

- because it's not as high a resolution

Arguable. What is your perception of "resolution"? How close you can get to it before losing detail? How close do you need to get?

you can't add popup images or info

Yes you can.

the positions aren't very accurate

Yes they are. If you want GPS like coords' date=' just add to wiki (it is a wiki after all).

half the time i've ever tried using it it's broken, painfully slow, or unavailable

What, are you on Dial-up AND using Internet Explorer 6?

and it's ugly

Who freaking needs "pretty". And you can make it "pretty" if you like.

The main argument I have here is not all those things you tried to mention, but the fact that everyone is making their personalized map, and their consolidated efforts could make one better map to rule us all.

Needs to get close enough to annotate (clearly) positions of ladders and such, which that map is not even close.

That map has no click-able content whatsoever that I can figure out. On mine you can click every red icon and bring up info about the building and an animated .gif the shows the actual building(yes some are manically fast right now but whatever). The icons cover multiple buildings so unless you already knew what building was where (in which case you wouldn't need a map) you can't tell what it's "pointing" at.

It doesn't have nearly the content that is on my map. As in far fewer locations of interest.

Pretty just makes things easier to look at.

As for joining forces to make maps, I'd be glad, but nobody wants to help me make the style of map I've made so..... :: shrug ::. Nobody is even willing to contribute info points. I'm working on a .php to make it so people can click on the map and it will bring up a form box that will send details to my email with coordinates so I can update it that way, but i doubt that will get used enough to make it worth it in the long run.

If people were willing to run around an as of yet unmapped building taking screenshots, that would help. If anyone wanted to make maps for indivdual buildings, that would help. If anyone was willing to annotate locations to refill jerry cans, canteens, whatever, or even just blurbs like "great spot to snipe" or "too popular, avoid" or the like, that would also help. So far only one person has given ANY info so... yeah. It looks like going it alone is my only option. If you want to rally people to contribute, that'd be awesome. If you yourself wanted to follow your own advice and contribute that would also be awesome. As is though, it's me myself and I, and my map is far more developed than any other I've seen so I'll keep adding to mine.

How does this compare to www.DayzMap.info ?

this map is higher resolution on JUST chernogorsk and much more detailed and easy to read... the other map is very nice but doesn't zoom in on the cities very well

i redid some things... i noticed nobody seems to be complaining about the speed anymore... or is it still a problem?