bazbake

Why Punish People for a Certain Playstyle?

It was an honest and sincere response in this thread.

What have you contributed? Other than complaining and calling other people trolls?

An honest response would be "yes, I do abort if I am in danger". Your response was "well, I'm not one to abort normally, but..." with a lot of excuses. If you abort if you're in danger of dying, you are a quitter, it doesn't make a difference if you abort directly or try to kill the guy first and only quit if you lose the fight anyway. It actually makes you worse, you don't only deny your enemy the loot and kill, you actively chicken out as soon as you see you are no match for him.

But to each his own, if people abort all the time, all the bandits will end up one-shotting survivors with their AS50s to be sure to get the kill. Oh wait... they already do that. Well, we're all aweful, but at least everyone's a dick in his own way.

Edited by daskleineviech

An honest response would be "yes, I do abort if I am in danger". Your response was "well, I'm not one to abort normally, but..." with a lot of excuses. If you abort if you're in danger of dying, you are a quitter, it doesn't make a difference if you abort directly or try to kill the guy first and only quit if you lose the fight anyway. It actually makes you worse, you don't only deny your enemy the loot and kill, you actively chicken out as soon as you see you are no match for him.

But to each his own, if people abort all the time, all the bandits will end up one-shotting survivors with their AS50s to be sure to get the kill. Oh wait... they already do that. Well, we're all aweful, but at least everyone's a dick in his own way.

Ummm?

Are you seriously dumb?

I stated, in short...

"I abort if I do not want to die and lose my stuff; however, I still fight, but I abort just before I die."

or

"I will fight to the death if I don't care to lose what I have."

Highly depenedent on how I am feeling and what I want to do. I believe I have this freedom.

Where in there was I not honest? I do not understand. And I do not see any excuses I have made.

You sir, are delusional.

/end thread. Good day! :)

Edited by SimplyFresh

Ummm?

Are you seriously dumb?

I stated, in short...

"I abort if I do not want to die and lose my stuff; however, I still fight, but just before I die."

or

"I will fight to the death if I don't care to lose what I have."

Where in there was I not honest? I do not understand. And I do not see any excuses I have made.

You are delusional.

"I abort if I do not want to die and lose my stuff; however, I still fight, but just before I die." <- That's the interesting part. I may be delusional and stupid, mostly stupid I guess, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make you different from any other quitter. Well, I assume that people quit because they don't want to die, and that's what pisses other people off. You are a quitter like anybody else, you can call it a "play style", but in any other game/sport it's called "chicken out".

• Like 1

I laughed the entire time I read the OP. I mean, it's a joke, right?

I was pretty sure it was a sarcastic joke post until I saw everyone's responses. It either went over all of your heads or the OP really is stupid. :huh:

Edited by Askar

this post is stupid, your just mad cause someone killed you first, so your gonna set there and tell me that if you happend to see a player from behind and he never see's you your not gonna shot, thats bullshit your just but hurt and alt f 4 is a pussy way to play

Excellent troll post. Exposing COD nubs can be fun. Beans for you.

Yes, because if you Alt+F4 or dislike the fact that people do it, it means you like playing CoD and wish Day Z was more like it.

Go away please.

-MONSTER

Lol OK a couple of points on this.

1. Rocket has said specifically that Alt+F4 is an exploit and will be removed in the near future (he mentioned at Gamescom that there might be a join delay added. I imagine it would probably be if you switch servers within an hour or something you have to wait 5 minutes before you can play or something, or more if you do it more frequently.

2. This game is supposed to be a constant on-edge experience! Alt+F4 players are just skipping the dying part so you're actually taking out a critical factor of the game - the thought that you could die at any moment from anywhere - by a sniper 1km away or by a guy in ghille suit you just walked past and didn't see. Yes you lose your gear. IMO - if you take out the horror of losing all your gear by being less careful (read - use alt+f4 whenever you get shot at) then you'd remove a very important and fun part of the game - the tension and nervousness you get just by walking around!! I feel bad for you, missing out on the tension! If you want all your gear everytime you log in go play BF3 or CoD. This is one of the amazing parts of the game - you're always on guard and the moment you think you're safe you learn that you just aren't!

I'm telling you - in BF3, when I get shot at, I don't get anywhere near the rush I get when I'm playing DayZ.

Alt + F4 is like a DayZ players "fight or flight" reaction, in this case it is flight. If you ever came across someone or a group of people in the street who wanted to kill you, they had weapons and you didn't (or only had like a pen knife compared to a crowbar or a meat cleaver) what would you do? A) Stand there and fight like a "man" (idiot...), or B) Run away like a "pussy" (intelligent person). I think that you would pick B, and that is what BazBake is wanting to do. That like, in our hypothetical scenario, if you ran to the police and they just handed you over to the gang who wanted your head... Just take a while and think about it before insulting someone.

Yes, because if you Alt+F4 or dislike the fact that people do it, it means you like playing CoD and wish Day Z was more like it.

Go away please.

-MONSTER

Well, since you said please I guess I have no choice.

:)

Just laughing at the people getting their panties in a knot over an obvious troll OP.

Lol OK a couple of points on this.

1. Rocket has said specifically that Alt+F4 is an exploit and will be removed in the near future (he mentioned at Gamescom that there might be a join delay added. I imagine it would probably be if you switch servers within an hour or something you have to wait 5 minutes before you can play or something, or more if you do it more frequently.

2. This game is supposed to be a constant on-edge experience! Alt+F4 players are just skipping the dying part so you're actually taking out a critical factor of the game - the thought that you could die at any moment from anywhere - by a sniper 1km away or by a guy in ghille suit you just walked past and didn't see. Yes you lose your gear. IMO - if you take out the horror of losing all your gear by being less careful (read - use alt+f4 whenever you get shot at) then you'd remove a very important and fun part of the game - the tension and nervousness you get just by walking around!! I feel bad for you, missing out on the tension! If you want all your gear everytime you log in go play BF3 or CoD. This is one of the amazing parts of the game - you're always on guard and the moment you think you're safe you learn that you just aren't!

I'm telling you - in BF3, when I get shot at, I don't get anywhere near the rush I get when I'm playing DayZ.

Ewwwww..... Dice/EA?

SelloutLensFlareDubStepWarZombies4?

:thumbsup:

Yawn.

This is why they shouldn't allow people to disconnect insantly to begin with. Make it so a player has to actually take time to make a "camp" and then after that he is able to be logged out. If he tries to log out without going through this process, his body will persist there for a few minutes before actually disappearing. Then there would be no problem with DC'ing.

I have never played any of the Call of Duty games. I prefer CS:S over that shit. Real health, no retarded regen. You should try it sometime.

This post is totally fun and full of irony, but brings not even the beginning of a solution to the ALT+F4 problem.

For my part I think the developers should think about WHY you constantly risk to be shot on sight and work on that issue.

Edited by Thadeum

Alt + F4 is like a DayZ players "fight or flight" reaction, in this case it is flight. If you ever came across someone or a group of people in the street who wanted to kill you, they had weapons and you didn't (or only had like a pen knife compared to a crowbar or a meat cleaver) what would you do? A) Stand there and fight like a "man" (idiot...), or B) Run away like a "pussy" (intelligent person). I think that you would pick B, and that is what BazBake is wanting to do. That like, in our hypothetical scenario, if you ran to the police and they just handed you over to the gang who wanted your head... Just take a while and think about it before insulting someone.

"Flight" would be running away, which is possible in DayZ. Alt+F4 is disappearing into the ground, which isn't really possible in real life. And the problem with the quitting is just that's not supposed to be in any game. If Brazil would lose against England in a football match, I highly doubt the Brazilians would just run out of the stadium before the game ends. And I'm also pretty sure that if I'm on my way of losing a game of chess, I can't just walk away without my opponent beeing seriously pissed. Or to be completely realistic: If you are in the middle of fulfilling your "duties" as a husband and you just get up and walk out the door as soon as it gets a little exhausting, your wife will probably divorce you.

Nobody likes the kid who's running home crying because he lost a game of football, the same goes for videogames.

• Like 1

This post is totally fun and full of irony, but brings not even the beginning of a solution to the ALT+F4 problem.

For my part I think the developers should think about WHY you constantly risk to be shot on sight and work on that issue.

Well once you add in some newer endgame features and potential specialities (like learning to be a medic for example) shoot on sight will probably go down a little. But Rocket did mention a solution to ALT+F4 - login delay (one of the gamescom interviews). My guess is that would be to stop server hopping as well. Maybe if you leave the game, you have to wait 5 minutes to join the same server again or 15 minutes to join a different server (?). Sounds like a pretty simple solution.

"If you don't get the joke...it's probably on you."

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 1

"If you don't get the joke...it's probably on you."

I agree, the Sarcasm of your original post was so thick you could cut it with a dull wooden spoon.

The best part is you drew out some ALT+F4ers and some bleeding heart liberals to defend your post. While the Anger Management needing Ragers & Elitists tore away at it. It was an epic battle indeed. The prize? The very heart and soul of DayZ itself.

Edited by Foxd1e

TLDR, OP is a pussy and wants to be able to alt f4 whenever he is shot at with no consequences

In other words... you read part of it, failed to understand it was sarcasm, posted your rage, looked like a fool. Niiiiiice.

ITT:Delusional shut-ins who think they're being manly men by not quitting out of a video game, and people who dont understand that this game is time consuming

I'd have to say this is a funnier post than the as-50 one(that was hilarious), I hope someone tops this next week. BTW, this is the way to troll, not saying "FU your stupid" to someone who you have never met before. I can't find that as-50 as a starting weapon post anymore, was this the same guy?

ITT:Delusional shut-ins who think they're being manly men by not quitting out of a video game, and people who dont understand that this game is time consuming

Exactly! If they want to stop cheating, they should make the game easier. How hard is that to understand?

Edited by BazBake

10/10, Good job OP. Now go show this thread to your parents, so they can print it out and put it on the refridgerator.

Alot of times if I do it right, they don't even have time to alt + f4 because I am unseen. It's just bad when whole groups of people see one guy go down, then they dont just alt f4 and go somewhere else, they try and sneak around you and rejoin the server. Some suggestions have been made as to how to fix it but at the end of the day people can always just unplug the internet cable from their computer just like it's always been and there would need to be a measure against that as well. Ive seen people express that a cool down timer would not work either because 5 - 10 seconds is too short for them to even be aware the person has logged in a siege situation. So at this point in time I think people will have to just pick their targets carefully and try and sync attacks.

An obvious, but successful troll.

7/10