Sign in to follow this  
Outypoo

Why punish bandits?

You can get something as a hero as well? you get a bullet proof vest for small cal weapons, run faster, cooler skin, trust with the skin, etc. For bandits those threats fight back btw, its not a simple "i shoot you lose" all the time

Who the hell uses small cal weapons to PvP? Freshspawns? Who cares about small cal seriously? If you have any primary, everyone with smal cal is as good as dead. "cooler skin" opinion. Only running faster and not getting KoSed by survivors is a valid trade off. But. I don't need people to trust me. I shoot them before they can say "hi". Faster running speed is the only thing I'm missing. I'd rather have all the gear I'm picking up from my victims and eliminate potential threats the moment I see them instead of trusting people not to shoot me, even with the hero skin.

and which bandit never scavenges? I'm sorry we all start from scratch when dead right?

... never scavenges as in, once you get gear, you no longer need to go to hospitals or look for food or ammo. You just resupply from corpses.

and which bandit doesn't go to hotspots? we make the hotspots hot.

But you don't go into electro and run around the town do you? You shoot from the outskirts. If you resupply from corpses you don't need to put yourself in danger.

Also why do you "have" to go to stary? nw airfield? everything you need to help others is South. Again as i said, if you choose to play the harder play-style (Shockadin which was my WoW example, I don't know how yours relates at all, maybe re-read it.) then that's your problem, I find being a solo bandit pretty hard to VS groups,

"Does not compute. Isn't the guy playing in the harder style at a disadvantage compared to the guy who plays in the easier style?"

And no, since it isn't given to him. He basically picked it. IF you became a hero and your aim was dropped 5% cause you to friendly (idk lol) that would be a disadvantage. Currently there are no disadvantages given to either hero's or bandits, only play-styles have a disadvantage which is present in every game, cause certain play-styles are not as good as others, etc.

I don't understand your reasoning. Yeah you chose bad and now you're at a disadvantage. It doesn't matter if it's your choice or not. You still are at a disadvantage. If I choose to go into town with a sniper rifle then I put myself at a disadvantage compared to people who have rifles, doesn't matter it's my choice or not. I wasn't talking about advantages/disadvantages given to skins but to playstyles. And "certain playstyles are not as good as others" well that's the problem isn't it? If you choose not to shoot on sight you put yourself at a disadvantage. You will die more often and you will gear up slower.

easier would be running around with a mak + medical supplies and help people, cause if i die i lose nothing worth while.

You can make up any objective you want and they might be piss easy. However if you want to survive, shooting on sight is the best option.

Edited by SillySil
  • Like 2

This is funny to me. "Everyone the poor bandits! We must do something, save those poor bandit souls! No fair!!"

Ffs you people are rich! I thought you were all hardcore and shit... turns out you're just carebears who want a easier time killing everybody.

Besides everything you say about the Bandits can be said about the hero skin. Actually what about the poor survivors, why is Rocket punishing them?

I bet if the bandit skin wasn't so butt ugly you wouldn't be pouting. As a bandit you punish other players, so why do you want to punish other playstyles? Don't they have a valid reason to exist within the game also?

Why punish bandits?

Well some people are incapable of understanding things like balanced factions.

I'm going to use a game as an example, Ruse was called shit by everyone because of extremely unbalanced factions, Germany and Japan completely steamrolled opposition, while this isn't the case in dayz the bandits are still given a shit outfit because whiny little care bears don't want murder in a post apocalyptic world.

• Like 2

Lol I see that plenty of bandits are getting the same medicine that all survivors were getting before. Suck it up, you're being treated the same way you treated everyone in the game!

Before, for you, it was so easy to spot a victim really anyone. Now for the survivors is a bit more difficult. Do they have a headwrap? if so, then... fair game.

And the fact the OP is asking for the old skin is laughable. So you kill a few and instantly you get a camo suit. From start, every time you die. Hahahahah!

The other day I was in the NWAF with my Gf farming both the high value military. A friend of mine with the hero skin was enroute to our location.

After about 30 minutes some person with the hero skin came running in. I assumed it was my buddy since he was on his way. The guy immediately opened fire killing me. Gf noticed I died and ran to the air strip where she zoomed in on the door way to the highvalue. The second he popped his head out BOOM HEAD SHOT! Mofo down.

I believe that the hero skin is misleading. My friend who has it was given it by a hacker. He KOS's and has many deaths to his name, but yet still has the misleading hero skin. basically the skin makes us think that unfriendlies are friendly.

As for the bandit skin. Al qaeda doesnt send suicide bombers into markets dressed as suicide bombers... Like who the fuck announces to the world that they are a bad person?

Unless your like some super villain that doesnt give a fuck.. IE the honey badger

• Like 1

I never really have run ins with bandits since I strive to stay hidden from them.

The only time I will open fire on a bandit is if I decide that I want their gear. I apparently don't find very good ones though, as they never seem to have very high quality things, such as a .50 cal.

You shouldn't be able to dictate someones playstyle by dumping them all into one large pile and making them don an outfit, that's why I refused to wear my survivor skin I'd swap for anything and that's why I don't use my Hero skin now even with it's speed advantages (which is bullshit). Remove forced outfits, add customisation. Problem solved.

As for people hating bandits...

It's because they deserve it. In the same way we hate criminals now, they're the "evil" to our "good" and thus zen is born. Kind of.

• Like 1

If this is a sandbox. How come a particular way of playing is favored?

Its not.

You've just chosen the harder option to play.

ITS YOUR CHOICE.

Can't you see that?

YOUR decision on how to play has made the game seemingly harder for you. Kudos to you for attempting to be a nice-guy in game, but please accept that THAT WAS YOUR CHOICE.

Now i know the view from your moral highground must be beautiful, but what right do you have to come down your mountain with 'commandments' for us all Moses?

As has been stated before THE MOD IS SANDBOX.

That fact makes all choices of playstyle equally valid.

You want to be a pacifist survivor? COOL.

You want to be a murderer? COOL.

You want to gather all the cars up and drive them into the sea? COOL.

ALL OF THESE CHOICES ARE VALID.

you can play the game any way you want mate. but just because you don't like other choices doesn't mean their choices are wrong and their options should be curtailed to please you. GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF.

Playstyle is like a penis. Do what you want with yours just don't ram it down others throats.

Edited by Never
  • Like 2

Isn't the guy playing in the harder style at a disadvantage compared to the guy who plays in the easier style?

Again.YOUR CHOICE.Can you step outside your own view point and see that for a while?

It's not just the look of your character that gets altered either. People with Hero skins DO run faster than those with bandit skins, so it is a deliberate attempt to punish a particular style of play.

Haven't experimented with survivor vs. bandit, but I'm willing to bet the bandit "style" is the slowest of the three possibilities.

Honestly I can't wait for this to get removed in the stand alone, and I don't even get a bandit skin due to my humanity recovering before I can kill again.

• Like 1

Here's an example of a patch that benefits one playstyle, then another that benefits the other playstyle.

#1. "Rocket has now made bandits absorb more bullet damage. Survivors are also weaker."

Bandit1: Hahaha yeah awesome.

Bandit2: This isn't really fair...

Survivor1: FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Survivor2: FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

#2. "Rocket has now made survivors absorb more bullet damage. Bandits are now weaker."

Survivor1: Hahaha yeah awesome.

Survivor2: This isn't really fair...

Bandit1: FUUUUUUUUU-

Bandit2: FUUUUUUUUU-

See what I mean?

No matter what changes, there is going to be someone who has something to say against it. There is no such thing as everyone being like "Okay, adequate change.", rather it is everyone raging. When bandit skins were removed I: didn't care. When they were added back I: didn't care. I suggest everyone follow in my example because otherwise you are going to rage sooner or later. As the game incorporates balance it creates collateral damage on both sides somehow. Even though Bandit skins had the majority vote, Bandits and Survivors alike are coming out saying this was a shitty change.

A headscarf is not a "punishment"

If a player is so stupid that they don't understand that the humanity system is borked, irrelevant, and completely unworkable, then you really have no idea whether they're going to shoot you anyways.

People screaming for internet firefight hall monitors are idiots.

People who take what the hall monitors say at face value are even bigger idiots. This is because they're typically unable to think these sorts of situations through logically and understand all the participants' options and motivations in the first place.

Edited by Just a Goat

What is stopping a bandit from shooting a player and knocking them out, then blood bagging them? Skins should just be skins without a punishment to certain people and praise to others.

I just want a cool skin, but it needs to be authentic or not at all.

I just think of head scarfs as a most wanted poster, characters all look the same so your either a good guy or a bad guy, you murder folk you run the risk of the bandit skin.

Survivors play their game, bandits force people to play their game regardless, so it's hardly a punishment.

Its not.

You've just chosen the harder option to play.

ITS YOUR CHOICE.

Can't you see that?

YOUR decision on how to play has made the game seemingly harder for you. Kudos to you for attempting to be a nice-guy in game, but please accept that THAT WAS YOUR CHOICE.

So what it's my choice? What the hell does it matter? Banditry is still safer and gets you loot faster. I don't understand your argument. It makes no sense to me. It's like putting a very overpowered weapon into the game and then going "the weapon isn't overpowered because it's your choice not to use it". It doesn't make any sense.

Now i know the view from your moral highground must be beautiful, but what right do you have to come down your mountain with 'commandments' for us all Moses?

What moral highground? What are you smoking? I'm a bandit because it's the safest way and it gets me loot faster. And I don't consider it immoral to kill your virtual pawn in a game. You make no sense whatsoever.

As has been stated before THE MOD IS SANDBOX.

That fact makes all choices of playstyle equally valid.

What? No it doesn't. Just because a game is a sandbox it doesn't mean all playstyles are equally valid. The game has rules and mechanics and if they punish a certain playstyles then it becomes less valid no?

You want to be a pacifist survivor? COOL.

You want to be a murderer? COOL.

You want to gather all the cars up and drive them into the sea?

COOL.ALL OF THESE CHOICES ARE VALID.

The choices are yours to make but the game will punish you for choosing a way of playing that goes against the mechanics.

you can play the game any way you want mate. but just because you don't like other choices doesn't mean their choices are wrong and their options should be curtailed to please you. GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF.

What the hell are you talking about? I don't want people to play the way I want. The game mechanics do. By favoring a certain playstyle.

Hell, most "bandits" get killed regularly and usually just have the regular survivor skin while trying to kill you. I shot 2 guys who were shooting at me with shotguns, and now I'm marked for death with a brutally obvious headwrap.

Oh hey, a completely original post about something that nobody has ever complained about before!

#sarcasm

How is the bandit punished? Aside from ghillie and camo, the towel head doesn't really add or subtract the ability to spot the bandit. If the people want the bandit skin back, where is the matching survivor/hero skin that also makes them hard to detect. As a bandit, your instantly rewarded days of loot in one headshot. As a survivor . . . . what do you get? If anything the game makes it easier to be a bandit.

actually it does subtract from the ability to spot a bandit, as far as I know it still removes their backpack from view (like a ghillie does) making them harder to spot, if anything the skin is actually an advantage where taking cover/sniping is concerned (in comparison to a basic survivor/hero skin that is).

So what it's my choice? What the hell does it matter? Banditry is still safer and gets you loot faster. I don't understand your argument. It makes no sense to me. It's like putting a very overpowered weapon into the game and then going "the weapon isn't overpowered because it's your choice not to use it". It doesn't make any sense.

What moral highground? What are you smoking? I'm a bandit because it's the safest way and it gets me loot faster. And I don't consider it immoral to kill your virtual pawn in a game. You make no sense whatsoever.

What? No it doesn't. Just because a game is a sandbox it doesn't mean all playstyles are equally valid. The game has rules and mechanics and if they punish a certain playstyles then it becomes less valid no?

The choices are yours to make but the game will punish you for choosing a way of playing that goes against the mechanics.

What the hell are you talking about? I don't want people to play the way I want. The game mechanics do. By favoring a certain playstyle.

You clearly haven't got a clue what your talking about and are just trying to drag an argument out. i've seen you do it in other threads.Look. IF YOU NEED VISUAL CUES TO TELL YOU HOW TO ACT. YOU DESERVE TO GET FUCKING SHOT.This mod played best when 'skins' where removed, its been a lot more retarded since they came back in.

Edited by Never

You clearly haven't got a clue what your talking about and are just trying to drag an argument out. i've seen you do it in other threads.Look. IF YOU NEED VISUAL CUES TO TELL YOU HOW TO ACT. YOU DESERVE TO GET FUCKING SHOT.This mod played best when 'skins' where removed, its been a lot more retarded since they came back in.

I don't even support the bandit skin. Where's your argument now? What happens now with all the things that you have assumed?

And I just absolutely love how you didn't understand what I'm saying and then your little brain spouts out a thought "well I can't be the one not understanding things, he must be the one not knowing what he's talking about."

Edited by SillySil

It seems many of the people on this forum who constantly complain about bandits have forced Rocket to act, now giving bandits completely out of place headscarfs as if a bandit thought "Oh, I know let's mark myself to get killed by people, to let them know I'm a Bandit so they can shoot me and make it "fair""

So why do people want to punish bandits, they are a part of the game and should be treated as such.

Maybe Bandits don't like survivors, and they should wear some pointy dunce hat so bandits can snipe them from further away.

My point is, being neither a Survivor nor Bandit I think both "Factions" as I think they are should be treated equally and not forced to don some silly little hat.

Bandit skins are part of the game, so what's the problem?

The bandit skin is a loose representation of that player's mentality. Bandit skin more than likely means they are KoS, or go out of their way to end lives... I think it's perfectly alright for them to be marked for death.

Edited by Kingsland

All this complaining is laughable. The only thing (aside glitches) the headwrap does is telling the rest you're fair game. And fair game is exactly what the rest of the players are for a bandit.

So it really puts a bandit at the same level than any survivor is for them. 1-1 status, you kill on sight, you are prone to be killed on sight.

And as i said, bandits still have the advantage since they shoot anything that moves, while the survivor/hero has to identify if the player is a bandit first.

And for those who say this is not realistic, either is realistic to kill on sight anything that moves, knowing that if you die you start again.

If it wasn't for the skins, at this point the only interactions between players in-game would be KOS.