soapmak3r

Oculus Rift support for stand alone DayZ

I think that we are ok with TrackIR for the moment. Also this Oculus Rift is not very good for people with glasses.

But yea, no harm if they implement it in future but I would hate if this Rift thingie implementation would delay release.

You usually do not wear glasses with HMDs since you can (normally) adjust the image focus to your liking.

All this "wow" makes me sort of chuckle since i've been sitting on my 3DVisor + TrackIR for years now.

These days i barely use it all anymore, even just the trackIR.

Reason?

Head tracking causes me neck pain fairly quickly. HMDs are pretty tiring for the eye after a little while, and also cause me neck cramps because of the weight (it really doesn't need to be much, trust me, that's why army NVGs have the battery in the back, it balance the weight)

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Yes yes old topic I know. But I would love to see this as well.

Lets keep in mind however the current state of Rift. Something I have learned is that head position has not yet been implemented. You can turn your head side to side, up and down, but actually moving your head around has not been implemented. This is something I really hope to see in the commercial release, along with high resolution of course.

DayZ would be the perfect manifestation of the Oculus experience IMO. Probably of the most "realistic" sim I've played, it would be amazing with realistic perspective.

• Like 1

I also think DayZ would be perfect for Rift, but I was thinking that the best usage of the Rift would probably be in driving games.

• Like 1

Yes rift support in dayz would be enough to make me buy Oculus is Rift, Racing games would be very nice but i think that with HDMI it will only support 60hz, to each eye even though we have 600hz Oled displays.

Edited by thomas28

Oculus Rift for DayZ = $$$ + Time.

It'd be awesome, but honestly I'd rather have BI's time and resources spent on the PC game and have that be the best it can, as well as released earlier, before I consider Oculus Rift support.

This is the future.

Expect people to suffer heart attacks in a game like Day Z though

This. If I'd played my first game of DayZ using such a VR device, I would have shat myself the first time an unseen zombie groaned loudly.

It sounds really cool but doesn't it depend on minimum frame rate of 60 fps?

Not sure DayZ Standalone could guarantee that sort of framerate so this accessory is moot imo.

EDIT: I will prob be called out on my assumptions but nevermind. Will learn from the next wave....

Edited by Horde

As far as i know the Rift needs a solid locked 60 fps to work the way it should.

Thats also why we see it being tested on games that require next to nothing of your computer to hit 60 fps.

Doubt that will ever happen in any BI game, but we can hope and prey :)

As far as i know the Rift needs a solid locked 60 fps to work the way it should.

Thats also why we see it being tested on games that require next to nothing of your computer to hit 60 fps.

Doubt that will ever happen in any BI game, but we can hope and prey :)

True but hopefully this will attack the gpu.

For the full ARMA 3 / DayZ immersion experience:

[/media]

Its a cunning plot by the military i tells ya!

Their trying to breed a generation of superhuman gamers with insane stamina and twitch reflex's!

Beware!!

• Like 1

Man one can only hope for something like this, but why stop there...make a full wireless body suit on a treadmill, you would be an althelete from playing dayz running all over the place.

True but hopefully this will attack the gpu.

It doesnt matter if they do that, they will still have to sacrifice core elements to ensure it can run at a solid 60 fps on every single rig out there.

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont see that happening any time soon.

Still would be awsome though.

Ladies and gentlemen, if I may, direct your attention to the date in which this topic was posted.

This discussion had its time and it needn't be re-discussed.