TheDee (DayZ)

Rocket and team are Lazy/Incompetent/Do not know what they are doing.

I've been playing DayZ since mid/late May, but only been apart of the forums since mid June. In that time there have been zero updates to the gameplay for DayZ. The frequent "updates" we have received have done nothing but make zombies more powerful or underpowered and that is it. Rocket and the team either have no idea where to take the "game" or are completely Incompetent in being able to finish the "game".

I'm not trying to sound like I'm some 1337 game designer because I'm not, but I am a gamer and I have been for years. I have been apart of betas and the vibe this "game" gives off is that it's not even in an alpha stage, a stage where content is added to see how it works within the game. Currently The feeling I get from this "game" is that it has no idea what it wants to be or do. We get updates that change the gameplay minutely, but it honestly gives us nothing. Where is the group play elements we were told were in development and "right around the corner"? They are nowhere to be seen. Rocket thinks he is at a point where this "game" will be a stand alone by next month? What exactly has changed in the past 4-5 months to warrant it becoming a standalone? Nothing in my opinion.

Edited by TheDee
  • Like 4

Dogs.

Though I am slightly inclined to agree.

Aside from him fucking up the textures there hasn't been much movement.

• Like 3

I would of read but then I saw your profile pic.

Edited by XOLiD
  • Like 19

I would of read but then I saw your profile pic.

That's nice, but thanks for the bump.

Woot?, i didnt understand jack all of your post sir,

Don't like it? go play minecraft or something

There is no point adding new content to something that is so broken it's almost unplayable. There is also not much point playing at the moment because tents and vehicles may as well be non existent.

It's nice that the dev team keep us constantly updated on what's happening though. :lol:

There is no point adding new content to something that is so broken it's almost unplayable. There is also not much point playing at the moment because tents and vehicles may as well be non existent.

It's nice that the dev team keep us constantly updated on what's happening though. :lol:

You do understand what alpha testing of a game is right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha

I don't have a problem with zombies in 1.7.2.5, infact they're better then ever.

Better than ever? Their only contribution to the game is to act as personnel indicators.

It makes me laugh when people call this game a 'Zombie Survival etc'.

dogs are trash

something else to give away the position of baddies, who will then claim they got killed by a hacker, simply cuz their dog gave them away

Ok so 1st off if u think none has approved than stop playing till its in beta?

Second he is working on it.. gamescon coming up and all. Its not as simple as half of u think.. Rocket is working on it.

He has the standalone that he needs to work on aswell as the mod,intevieuws,game conventions everything.

If u want to see what he is up to or thinking about or ask questions Click Here http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/y4x6i/iama_rocket_potential_questions/

So to those who keep complaining.

If u think u can do better work out your "ideas" and create ur own game...

• Like 1

The development practices employed for this game are utter garbage. There is no roadmaps, no community engagement, no information whatsoever and meanwhile the game is dying.

• Like 2

I love this posts....so funny....

this game is fuckin beta !! why dont u get it ?

and it is a mod. you did not buy Dayz !!!! you bought arma2!!

this is just a mod. Rocket does it for free....in...his free time...he does not have a lot of money he can invest in this mod like big companies! stop hating. make your own mod! If rocket doesnt feel to do this mod anymore...we are all screwed!

Besides that I guess they are working a lot on the standalone version right now. Wich is good ! I would prefer to play a buggy dayz for 2 more month to get a finished DayZ2 after!!

kthxbye

rocket - i love your work !

The development practices employed for this game are utter garbage. There is no roadmaps, no community engagement, no information whatsoever and meanwhile the game is dying.

All true, unfortunately.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you kept up with the news you would know that this mod is officially done and all new features are now exclusively being worked on for the standalone.