evulclown@gmail.com

Things that SHOULD be in Dayz by tomorrow...

First of all, if you're about to say any of the following this thread isn't for you:

-Dayz has enough guns!

-Dayz dosent need new outfits, how will I know who people are? OMG!

-Dayz needs more civilian guns not military!

-Rocket needs to fix bugs first!

-I don't like variety, I'm as boring as a carrot!

-Rocket needs to fix the hacking problem first!

-Alphas aren’t for content herp derp!

All of that is irrelevant. None of these additions will effect Dayz in a negative way. And what’s best of all? It's already in Arma II -- Patiently waiting to be added to the loot tables. The majority of you people who hate change are wondering from barn to barn with a Winchester anyway, this is beyond you. This won't take up major efforts to fix other bugs, it could be added by the time Rocket has had 2 cups of coffee.

"But hackers will just spawn in X or Y OMG OMG" -- You should not balance your game or your content based on hackers or dupers. They are a problem to solve separately, you don't start band-aiding other portions of your game -- Fix it at the route problem.

WEAPONS:

Here's a list of weapons from Arma II which could be added to the game. 90% of them use ammunition already available in the game and simply add variety, they fit the theme of a former soviet bloc country and they're not overpowered.

There's literally no reason not to add these in the game beyond "I’m as boring as corduroy and don't like variety".

I agree the game needs more civilian weapons and melee weapons, but none of those are actually sitting in the Arma 2 files going "hay guy use me, omg what are you doing use me already":

Military installations (deer stands, hangers, fire stations, control towers etc):

• AKS
  • SVD
  • RPK
  • Saiga 12k
  • Makarov SD (Takes makarov and makarov SD ammo)

Barracks:

• AKS-74 PSO
  • PKM
  • PKP
  • RPG-7V (replacing the current rocket launcher)
  • M40A3 Camo

Helicopter crash sites:

• L85A2 Susat GL

"Why do you want very similar weapon types added to the game? We already have a LMG, we have an AKM why add an AKS?" Why not -- It's in the game files.

This is meant to be an open sandbox world. Cosmetic change is good, not every weapon needs to be literally different in ability. So what you have 2 assault rifles that are exactly the same? Maybe someone likes the look of the AKS better. Who does it hurt to add it?

OUTFITS:

As much as it's lovely spawning looking like a CIA operative / private contractor who doesn’t even have the basic items of survival -- A little more variety would be nice.

Again, all of this is already in the game -- Nothing new is being "made" here.

I'm not sure why the current camo outfit was chosen over everything else in the game? It makes little sense. Not only is it in the BA pack (and thus most people don't have it = blurry textures) but it totally dosen't fit the theme... You look like a mercenary extra from the Expendables.

If anything you'd be wearing a hotchpotch of military surplus gear available such as ex-German flektarn parkas which are everywhere in the world or Russian mil surplus camo. OR failing that... The clothes off of the soldiers laying all over the floor. But I digress... To the outfits:

11t1xyv.jpg

These could be lootable in residential / military locations.

The camo outfits are a total must.

The current camo outfit in game is a joke. Most people see the textures as a blur and it has no sleeves! Super sneaky pink arms (Unless you go as a black guy, but these characters are meant to be modelled on ourselves, no?).

But how will we tell who is a survivor and who is a zombie? Pro tip, zombies eat people.

This is a sand box game which implies freedom and yet everyone looks like a clone... Until they loot one of the other 2 outfits... Then they look like a bush / African mercenary. Come on now.

How good would the following statements be?

1. "WOAH, I JUST GOT KIDNAPED BY A PRIEST AND A DOCTOR"
  2. "I think I just saw the total boss sniper from 'behind enemy lines...'"
  3. "Just got ambushed by a speznaz looking pro team"
  4. "some punk rocker just blood bagged me, awesome!"
  5. "Some sex offender looking guy in a coat just dragged me for 10 minutes while I was knocked out -- Then gave me a gun?!"
  6. "just saw some guy in a suit with aviators and a 1911 walking through cherno playing 'little green bag', reservoir dogs style"

Would be nice if clothes had an effect, not all of them and certainly not gimmicky -- But coats / rain jackets stopping your temp dropping (this is in Arma 3 I believe, so no point coding it here) -- for the future though.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 32

Doctor cloths + Hatchet = Doctor Giggles

Make it happen!

• Like 1

I think the Idea of more civ clothing is good it would be cool if you spawned with a differnt outfit sometimes. But I think they need to work out the machnics a little more first but they do need to improve the bandit skin IMO.

More guns would be nice. Note I said more guns not more gun spawns. I agree about varity.

Just my small input thats all.

Cool ideas but you should not demand them in a day.

None of the guns especially need to be modelled / coded. All of these are in the arma II game files, the man can take as long as he wants to add it. But if he sat down and "added them" it would take 1 day. The title was to grab peoples attention, not a literal statement of self entitlement.

• Like 2

think the only downside to using the arma 2 civ models is that they are also used by the zombies think most people will be getting shot more because they were mistaken for zombies can imagine how many more people will be crying about being killed on the server, the ideas sound but maybe some alternate civilian models should be put in?

think the only downside to using the arma 2 civ models is that they are also used by the zombies think most people will be getting shot more because they were mistaken for zombies can imagine how many more people will be crying about being killed on the server, the ideas sound but maybe some alternate civilian models should be put in?

Only a few are. Zombies move very differently to players. People are going to have to learn to open their eyes -- The characters shambling around with zombie faces groaning with no weapons or backpacks are shockingly going to be zombies.

Edit: Didn't mean to sound that dickish to you.

Mistaken for zombies? Like when in The Walking Dead they threw zombie guts and blood on themselves to blend in with the horde?

• Like 3

Just curious as to how you're sure this won't affect the game in a negative way?

Increasing the number of items that it has to pick from can adversely affect the rarity of loot one way or another. And putting them in and tweaking spawn rate of such items, as well as possible locations could very much adversely affect the game.

Also it may not take much time but it does take time to add such things in, and set them. Time that is better spent in other areas.

Just curious as to how you're sure this won't affect the game in a negative way?

Increasing the number of items that it has to pick from can adversely affect the rarity of loot one way or another. And putting them in and tweaking spawn rate of such items, as well as possible locations could very much adversely affect the game.

Also it may not take much time but it does take time to add such things in, and set them. Time that is better spent in other areas.

Yeah, like adding dogs to the game.

Edit:

Current AKM loot spawn rate = 0.96%

Add the AKS to the game as well? AKM = 0.48% AKS = 0.48%

That shocking logic took 0.96 of a second.

• Like 1

only agree with the clothes and M40. Don't need any more weapons in my opinion. but that's just my opinion.

These ideas seem really interesting, it would be fun to have more choices when it comes to guns and the clothing to. Thumbs up my friend :D and also i would love to play a priest xD

• Like 1

cool ideas except this no more gun thing ( sorry it's my opinion ).

btw shouldn't this thread be in the suggestion area?

Good idea. I would like to see more variety in the mod, and hopefully Rocket opens up the mod before the release of the stand alone, we will be able to decide what we want in our servers.

Edited by Brewcat
  • Like 1

The biggest thing that pisses me off is that rocket insist on using models that are in the BAF and PMC expansions when so many perfect models for say the bandit are already in arma II.

It positively SCREAMS that he just wants people to buy fucking crappy expansions (and give the company he works for money) just to get their hands on some high res models. It's almost like purchasable content from a bad free to play game. Makes me sick.

• Like 4

My favorite part is when you said "by tomorrow'

I'm glad that grabbed your attention. My favourite part of your post was the part where you said

• Like 1

I think it needs a "Whiny little bitch." filter that bans players immediately when they make whiny, ignorant and presumptuous forum threads.

Only a few are. Zombies move very differently to players. People are going to have to learn to open their eyes -- The characters shambling around with zombie faces groaning with no weapons or backpacks are shockingly going to be zombies.

You do know that you can drop your weapons and your backpack and have a zombie face? I see epicness in this.

• Like 1

Dressing like a zombie, not getting detected by the zombies if you walk very slowly and then drawing your gun would be amazing.

• Like 1

You do know that you can drop your weapons and your backpack and have a zombie face? I see epicness in this.

If only the player walk animation was more shambolic...

I think it needs a "Whiny little bitch." filter that bans players immediately when they make whiny, ignorant and presumptuous forum threads.

But then where would you go? :(