Teiwaz

DayZ - Testing my VERY limits

So it's one of these days where it seems that almost everything that could possibly go wrong does so.

1. All tents on my server are gone - not only mine but EVERY tent I know the location of is gone. Not just empty, GONE. This happend once before and after a server restart they reappeared. I can cope with that.

2. Last time I was online I went raiding the NW airfield, therefor I left my watter bottles in my camp - no use for them when you'll find sodas there anyways. So my character starts getting thirsty now. I can cope with that as it's mainly my own fault.

3. So I head to the nearest loot spawn from my position, a deer stand - as usual with this deer stand it's empty on my server (not looted, just empty). I can cope with that.

Water bottle started blinking a minute or so ago. So what now? Well, I decide to do something I wouldn't do if this wasn't an emergency: server hopping. As this deer stand is for sure one of the least visited I put my moral qualms aside and join another server.

4. I'm dead on joining and spawn in the debug forrest. Ok, that happened to me before, just relog - that usually does the trick. I can cope with that.

5. I spawn at the coast. Complete other side I used to be. I can cope with that.

6. Wait...why don't I have a weapon in my hand? Did I really die this time? I could cope with that, even if it's hard. But no, it's just all my gear that's suddenly gone. Oh and I start bleeding out on thirst. And NOW I reached my limit of things I can cope with.

I see the reason why some people turn this game into a 08/15 deathmatch FPS.

I see the reason behind duping - why should I have myself fucked by bugged tents over and over again? Fuck tents and dupe your shit - I understand that.

I see the reason behind SOME hacking, namely spawning items & vehicles that already are in the game. It's Alpha, so fuck morality and bugs and have some fun. I DO NOT see the reason behind ruining other peoples days and fun in and with the game by teleporting, server killing, etc..

I know it's an Alpha, I know how things are done in this business as I'm a developer myself (yeah, I know the flames are coming now - some retards just can't live with the fact that some people actually really know how shit's done).

BUT I'm more and more convinced that all this is done (or not fixed) on purpose. Why support and fix a free to play mod when you want to sell your standalone version? This is something I can't and will never cope with. Every tiny indy game developer does a better job on fixing his shit, so Rocket is either completely incapable and/or overextended as a developer OR he is following the agenda of leaving this mod in an unplayable state so everyone who fell for a great idea will buy a standalone edition.

Interesting fact: most private hives don't have those issues. Guess why?

Yes, I'm fucking pissed/mad right now.

Yes, I could do it better myself. But I won't. Why? Because I already have a job.

Yes, I QQ a lot (and I don't give a single fuck about you retards pointing that shit out to me - so go fuck yourselfs).

Private hives I'm coming - just need a beer first...cheers!

Edited by Teiwaz
  • Like 1

Testing your limits? Good. That's what Rocket wanted. Here's your complimentary fuck to give and a free hand towel.

• Like 6

Bugs don't get fixed in an Alpha unless its absolutely necessary. Wait 'till the beta, and then things will start cleaning up.

Testing your limits? Good. That's what Rocket wanted. Here's your complimentary fuck to give and a free hand towel.

^ lol internet. i can concur with the frustration.

Edited by Venick
  • Like 1

My pet theory is he released 1.7.2.5 and went to Gamescom. Probably not a lot of development going on in his hotel room at an event like that. The tent/vehicle issues are definitely tough to play through though. I'm curious to see how the next month or so goes with all that's been going on.

Private hives are legal now.. Rocket has cleared it.. Private away!

Edited by gwbrewer

Bugs don't get fixed in an Alpha unless its absolutely necessary. Wait 'till the beta, and then things will start cleaning up.

23770957.jpg

Thank you Mr. internet hero, due to your comment I am now a better person :facepalm:

Blah blah blah...not worth reading...blah blah blah.

Stop playing if you don't like alpha testing games.

Stop playing if you don't like alpha testing games.

Welcome retard #4 - a special one who's going the extra funny way by not only commenting when he shouldn't but also thinking he's super funny and beloved by the masses when editing a post to ridiculousness.

Your parents must be proud. I bow down to your excellence.

Edited by Teiwaz

You are playing an Alpha build - I know its frustrating, but only because you enjoy the game so much and want it to work well (atleast this is the case for me).

I agree its damn annoying, for the past week I have been fixing vehicles only to have them disappear after server reboots/crashes - its only today (after hours and hours of play time) have I found out its a known bug (guess I'll be checking the bug tracker a bit more now :¬P) the amount of tents we filled with beautiful weapons have all gone, all of that time wasted... but its not anyones fault, this is game development and we are playing an Alpha - if you want to play the release version imagine this doesn't exist and wait for the retail to appear.

I hope this reminder that you are playing an Alpha build will make you feel better :¬) its frustrating for everyone when bugs happen - in reality we are lucky to be a part of the testing and hopefully contribute towards a solid release.

Wait what, are they giving out hand towels now?

In all seriousness, this is an Alpha. I personally think testing in this phase should be limited to a select group of people until the game is remotely playable without being so frustrating at times. I know it started as a Mod. Doesn't mean Rocket couldn't say thats it this is now a closed Alpha, see you again for standalone. People could still play the un-updated mod and they wouldn't be expected fixes etc.

Well, I decide to do something I wouldn't do if this wasn't an emergency: server hopping. [...]

4. I'm dead on joining and spawn in the debug forrest. [...]

Private hives I'm coming - just need a beer first...cheers!

1.) you got what you deserved for server hopping & "out of char" gameplay. never leave your water bottle!

2.) good bye, hope those private servers do it for you. one less.

Getting to work on the stand-alone to fix the insurmountable problem of hackers/scripters is a higher priority than polishing the brass on the titanic. Not that the Mod version is dead, but it's been stated that the worst of the worst problems are not fixable, namely the ports and other rude hax.

You're right, the game is an exercise in patience, but right now Rocket is preparing to do something very big. Not many people have over a million players before they even have a game. We're in uncharted country here.

Never "own" more than you can carry and the tent/vehicle storage issue isn't much of an issue.

It also makes the game a lot more fun to play when you don't keep a safety net. Yes, I've spawned on the beach a few times with no gear (no backpack, flashlight or pain meds). It just look at it as a chance to start over with the fun part - gearing up from nothing.

Edited by Patient Zer0

Welcome retard #4 - a special one who's going the extra funny way by not only commenting when he shouldn't but also thinking he's super funny and beloved by the masses when editing a post to ridiculousness.

Your parents must be proud. I bow down to your excellence.

Welcome dipshit #1. Your parents must be horrified that they raised such an idiot of a child. I am sorry you have no common sense and can't grasp the fact that an alpha build has bugs and glitches to be fixed.

Holy shit. This is a momentous occasion! The finest tears I have tasted in a long time. Seriously, this has got to a new record of butthurt. Well done sir. Well done.

Double post. Apologies.

Edited by Sticker704