Xianyu

55 day old character. Killed by hacker.

For serious.

I've survived, to count:

Being shot at by a .50 (got video evidence). At least 6-7 bandit encounters (three of them ended with dead bandits).

Glitches. Broken legs. I caught a cold and me and my friend had to trek from Starry to Cherno to get medicine to cure me. I'd even survived holding a can of Mountain Dew in my backpack for an hour or so.

But one hacker destroyed it all.

Me and a friend were north-east of the Elektro firehouse, at that one little shed. We were looting a tent there, with the intent of destroying it with one of the many grenades we had purloined.

There were no footsteps. No sounds of crawling. Just instantly, my friend took a round to the head and was dead. The bullet came from three feet away.

I was already moving around the shed, confused as to where the gunfire was coming from. It was a big open field.

So I turned, run around, and try to draw a bead on the player to see where I got shot from. I get shot, break my legs, and am bleeding on the ground all of a sudden. As I look around, I see rounds (M14, I believe) being fired at me from THIN AIR not three metres away. No player visible. I die.

P.S.

I picked up a can of Mountain Dew from the tent not twenty seconds before we both died.

Mountain Dew strikes again!

Die due to the dew.

Was supposed to be a "Do the Dew" reference. I'm fine with it.

I picked up a can of Mountain Dew from the tent not twenty seconds before we both died.

I totally feel your pain. I had a 55'er die on me a couple of weeks ago and it was quite sad.

More recently, I had a well geared character killed after I aggro'd some walkers, made a sprint for the forest and blundered literally right through a group of four bandits who quickly perforated me with rounds from a variety of not so nice weapons. What did I do not less than an hour earlier? Yup! you guessed it. Picked up a can of the "Dew". That stuff'll kill ya!!!

How did you avoid hackers for 55 days

... by hiding in the woods lol... sounds like you had a few weeks of BORING ASS DayZ lol

You do it by not going blindly into hotspots, not killing everyone you meet and staying off of servers with 40+ people!!! And it's not boring at all. Quite the opposite, because you have so much vested in that character, you jump at every sound and get a real case of suvivor-paranoia. Just like you should if it were the real thing. Playing "disposable" lives and rushing to combat doesn't even come close to trying to do a long term survival, as long as you're still playing the game and encountering other players.

Edited by -Cdn-Chard
  • Like 2

... by hiding in the woods lol... sounds like you had a few weeks of BORING ASS DayZ lol

Actually, I'd survived ghosters, about eight-nine trips to the NWAF, got my hands on four different M107's, looted cherno and elektro at LEAST five times each. I'd gotten hands on a pair of AS50's, got my friend a M249 (which he died with). Loot runs through starry. Loot runs through Berezino. At LEAST twenty chopper crashes found. I'd burned through a pair of NVG's (gave them away). And been shot to the point of passing out once or twice.

And I'd ran the map at LEAST ten times over. It was far from boring.

feel your pain, after avoiding deaths from teleports and cheaters for 45 days, (bless Alt+F4), died a couple of days ago to a server hopper who logged in behind me as I had the front covered. Time to restart and reset the counter.

How did you avoid hackers for 55 days

This.

You've been "I won the lottery the first time I played" lucky so far, by not dying because of one. I agree this sucks for, but really the state of the game is so bad that one cannot expect to have his character survive more than a day without being killed by a cheater.

This.

You've been "I won the lottery the first time I played" lucky so far, by not dying because of one. I agree this sucks for, but really the state of the game is so bad that one cannot expect to have his character survive more than a day without being killed by a cheater.

Me and my friend actually took a calculated risk in going to a server with a medium amount of people on it (20). We were going to hunt down bandits and steal all their shit, because fuck yeah bandit skins.

Buuuut a hacker got us. Yay.

Me and my friend are already back at almost full operational capacity again. Just need a primary weapon for me. I'm just amazed that it was twenty seconds after picking up a mountain dew that a hacker found us and killed us both.

You do it by not going blindly into hotspots, not killing everyone you meet and staying off of servers with 40+ people!!! And it's not boring at all. Quite the opposite, because you have so much vested in that character, you jump at every sound and get a real case of suvivor-paranoia. Just like you should if it were the real thing. Playing "disposable" lives and rushing to combat doesn't even come close to trying to do a long term survival, as long as you're still playing the game and encountering other players.

Sure, but they also teleport to you deep in the woods and make spooky sounds before screaming into the mic like a maniac and slaughtering you with a hatchet. This has happened to me on more than one occasion.

Sure, but they also teleport to you deep in the woods and make spooky sounds before screaming into the mic like a maniac and slaughtering you with a hatchet. This has happened to me on more than one occasion.

Not-so-pro-tip.

If you get teleported somewhere, ALT FUCKING F4.

If I make it a whole week without invisohacker shooting me in the head from 0m, I count myself lucky.

You, sir, enjoyed a month of bliss I'll never know.

Man I've been alive for 16 days and thought I was doing well...by luck or chance, I have not yet died to a hacker. After reading this, I won't be picking up any dews for sure!

You are not your items.

It does suck. But, I bet you would have QQ'd whether it was a hacker or a PVPer that got you.

I don't QQ a whole lot. Is there any 'fuck hackers' in my top post? lolnope. Just pointing out that I survived all that shit to get killed by a hacker. Twenty seconds after picking up a mountain dew.

If it had just been a bandit, I would have posted the same thing. Why? Because it was TWENTY SECONDS AFTER PICKING UP MTN DW, MANG.

I got 34 days, Had somewhere around 400 zombies killed as I liked to play quietly I tried to avoid engaging them and a handful of murders but no bandit kills, Died with an DMR and M4A1CCOSD because my mate tried to shoot one zombie that was chasing me with his AK74SU and instead got a perfect headshot on me.

I helped many friends start the game by running them safely through the main looting towns up from the shore to the NWAF, equipped them up, joined a clan and much more and yeh accidental shot ended it... got to about 10 days on my next character after that with around 110 zombie kills but about 12 murders and a bandit kill (9 of the murders were snipers at Elektro) and the other was two I sniped myself and the final one was some guy who fired at shot at me on the NEAF and got swarmed by zombies... I killed the zombies he's unconcious asking me on VOIP can you heal me? I ask him why he shot at me and he said honest he was after the zombies, I said this one was meant for the zombie too *headshot*. He later died due to a hacker lost an L85, Mk48 and all tools etc, respawned within a few minutes I managed to kill a hacker (I spwaned right near where I got killed , they teleported onto me) killed him picked up his SVD/ghillie M4 SD, killed two people with the SVD and felt like I was cheating, went onto an empty server waded into the sea dropped all my equip, went back onto my clan server and rolled off a random roof in cherno to die.

Refused to pick up anything interesting, picked up an M14 aim from someone who tried to shoot us at a deer and found a helicopter (marked it on the map and the server was shut down within a few minutes lol, later killed by a hacker along with the rest of the server not long after that) until today myself and I were looting in cherno and I could hear what I thought were M249 rounds firing off but not at me. About 15 minutes later as we were at the Firehouse I told my mate I swear I could hear someone being hit by a zombie, then I heard the screams of someone being eaten. I stood up and ran to where it was coming from and blasted the 3 zombies that were doing it. I could partly see the guys legs but I couldn't see his full body to give him a blood bag or anything. I was telling him over VOIP I'm trying to save him but he unfortunately died. We looked through his body to find an MK48 NVG,GPS but the Coyote starter pack... could only assume he found it off a dead hacker or scripter. Me and my friend had deduced that he was creeping up on us because I had heard at least 3/4 zombie punches and he hadn't fired off his weapon so we're thinking he was creeping on us to kill him. We loot his corpse and run to balota... within moments I hear someone firing a mak, look over someone being chased through a field by a zombie and a player. The first guy dies... Its Joe! the dude we tried to save... the guy standing over him got what was coming... Flung a few MK rounds at him... he logged instantly but seemed to log back on almost as quick so I finished him off again. Whilst we looted the valuable items on Joe we left an MP5 with 3 clips, 2 cans of beans, two cans of coke and a pair of binoculars... maybe he found his corpse....

Ive been killed by hackers a lot but for the time that this game isn't full of them I usually thoroughly enjoy them, I enjoy it a lot more when playing solely around the big cities, sure there are a lot of snipers but at the same time there is a lot of cover. When I get whacked by an AS50 round I'm dead but I haven't lost much, On another note my friend managed to get an AS50 sniper with a CZ550 from 550m who was on the roof off a cherno building (In a ghillie lol) he logged whilst his headless body was dropping to the floor.

TL:DR

Been killed a lot by hackers, since then refused to go much further than the coast and refused to get attached to any of my gear... not because I might lose it through PvP but because I'm almost guaranteed to die by a hacker at least once a day.