scott24z

Why are the AS50 and M107 in the game?

As mentioned, you just aren't adapting, we've all figured out by now that the 50. cal snipers are incredibly dangerous. Don't stand still out in the open in Elektro/Cherno/Stary/Airfield, keep moving and plan your route so you spend as little time out in the open as possible.

Also pick up a sniper your self and counter snipe them, this is what I do these days, the fastest way to loot up is to take out the Cherno/Elektro snipers and get your self an AS50.

Point 1 own opinion, rest bullshit/irrelevant, since I was not talking about cherno.

Then GTFO of this topic and stop waisting everybody's time with your crap.

This is a roleplaying game more than you might think.

2 guys sitting on a tall building just killing people for the fun of it, has clearly gone insane.

Happends in reality as well, unfortunately, so why not in a game?

Point 1 own opinion, rest bullshit/irrelevant, since I was not talking about cherno.

Point 1 is a fact.

have you EVER seen a sniper in a ghillie on a rooftop IRL? no. you know why? because it's stupid and you stick out like a sore thumb. snipers dont shoot from rooftops. they shoot from cover.

Then GTFO of this topic and stop waisting everybody's time with your crap.

Says the guy that posted a screen from a sniper at airfield.

Point 1 is a fact.

have you EVER seen a sniper in a ghillie on a rooftop IRL? no. you know why? because it's stupid and you stick out like a sore thumb. snipers dont shoot from rooftops. they shoot from cover.

Sure, wookies don't belong to rooftops, especially the ones with no structures on it. However, if you take the hospital for example, there are many things on the roof and a darkgreen dot wouldn't shine out so fast. U'd be dead before u see him.

Sniper in ghillie on airfield = sniper in ghillie on concrete = sniper in ghillie on rooftop.

Still don't get it? Not my problem.

Sniper in ghillie on airfield = sniper in ghillie on concrete = sniper in ghillie on rooftop.

Still don't get it? Not my problem.

Good, then get lost.

Didn't expect to have to trot this out again so soon, but here it goes:

The tactical significance of sniper rifles, accumulated rebuttals and why they're here to stay.

I super love how 99% of these threads calling for the removal of sniper rifles 1) take place in Cherno and 2) include a detailed list of the OP's "loadout" as if we're supposed to think "Yeah, nobody with that awesome gear should ever die!"

From your story, it sounds like those guys could have just as easily taken you out with Lee Enfields or M16 ACOGs or AKMs.

Anyway, yeah. Read the thread if you want to know why these weapons exist and why vacuous arguments like yours are not going to result in their removal (in my very humble opinion).

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 5

Good, then get lost.

You should think about renaming yourself to "Cpt. Retard" - would suit you tremendously.

Went to cherno. Got sniped. Came to cry on the forums.

What's the problem with that scenario? Oh yeah. You were in cherno.

• Like 1

The DMR, M24, SVD Camo, CZ550 and M14 are all excellent guns. With these in the game, the AS50 and M107 seem somewhat redundant and a little bit "easymode".

--------------

> Get AS50

> Shoot someone in the toe

> Instant kill.

This makes the game easy. I've been there, done it and got rapidly very bored of doing so. You don't really have to aim carefully, think about your positioning, worry about people being able to fight back. It's kinda dull. Winning without having to think about it bores the shit out of me.

---------------

> Get M24

> Shoot someone in the toe.

> Watch them run behind a building and bandage up.

> Firefight.

This is more fun. Your failure to instakill someone (through not aiming that well) results in exciting gameplay, exchanges of fire. If you do get the instakill by landing a good headshot, you can congratulate yourself on an epic shot. This is more rewarding and entertaining.

---------------

The only issue is the readiness with which people tend to alt+F4 out, denying you the exciting gameplay. However, I'd say that responding to that by going all easymode, you deny yourself the good times that could occur if someone doesn't alt+F4 out, and cause other people an annoying "well that sucked" interaction and excitement-less death.

Edited by Dramatic Exit
  • Like 2

You should think about renaming yourself to "Cpt. Retard" - would suit you tremendously.

Your ridiculous attempts to make me mad are hilarious.

Sooo, sounds like the only other people in Cherno in a worse position than the Ghillie snipers were you and your friend sat in the firestation.

It's not clear from the OP, but were you up the stairs in the firestation? The 3-tiered tower of glass windows with nowhere to move? The snipers probably didn't even have to adjust their aim, and just waited for you to move across their sights.

• Like 1

Snipers don't belong in this game, no matter how many people think that sniping is "cool".

Ahahahahahaha! Hahahahahah! Ha ha ha! Ha!

Oh wait! Didn't Rocket say something about the virus being magical and removing the existence of snipers and certain weapons from the world? Can someone get me a link for that? Pretty sure he said that somewhere right?

OP...where do you play? I would like to come snipe you in the face with a Lee Enfield from a Cherno rooftop.

Your ridiculous attempts to make me mad are hilarious.

Whatever. No shits are given.

Edited by Teiwaz

Instead of getting rid of the AS50 or m107, Rocket should make it so that the heavier guns take more stamina, so if you carry 2 primary you are slower, but if you carry only a secondary you are faster than even now. The problem are hackers, only solution is the standalone

You carried high powered rifles and entered a city at the coast.

The only reasonable explanation for you being there is that you were going to kill other players.

You had absolutely nothing to win in that city considering the risk vs reward ratio.

And in a post-apocalyptic world with things like military vehicles and bases around:

Would you expect, that there are absolutly NO 50cal. rifles and so on?

Jeez I would expect people to drive around i fucking tanks or APCs. That would at least be more likely than flying around in choppers.

In addition to that: hand guns and assault rifles are waaaaaaay more common than high-end sniper rifles.

• Like 1

Hey I have a bright fucking idea, stay out of the main cities! Stop your crying please, people like you ruin the game and turn it into a fucking nerf battle, It's a 50 cal gun what in the fuck do you expect it to do? slap you around a little?

OK.. I like sniping and have had fun with the .50 cals.. however I think the OP has a point. I sat here thinking about how much different the game would be if they were gone.. and the other sniper rifles as well.

I believe the game would change dramatically! The suspense would increase as more people would enter the cities because of less fear of getting sniped.

You'd see far more up close encounters, which I think would be fun as hell..

.50s needed for taking out vehicles? That's laughable! You mean the vehicles that are hoarded and parked off map? The vehicles I NEVER see?? Lol

I think it would be a good experiment.. to take them out for a while and see what happens.

You know what happens in Cherno...yet with all that nice loot you still went there and went into the ONE building that has perfect LOS from the higher industrial buildings? Damn youre retarded. Not trying to be mean but you are, once I gear up to that level my friend and I go on the hunt for crashed helo's or a vehicle so we can try to get a camp going. Or depending on how we are feeling, pick up some random survivor and take him to get great loot and send him on his way.