mr.con2@hotmail.com

BattlEye Failed to Update (Again): Kicked from Game.

How do you know?

As a serveradmin I can tell you at least half of the people got kicked. Including me.

Since the Takistan 1.2 update for me.

Hello,

I have been playing on CA #28 through DayZ Commander. I was playing 100% fine up until today.

I changed absolutely nothing.

When I wait in the lobby it initializes 1.174 (no idea), I previously had already manually put the BE Server and Client in the Arma folder generated by steam. Bohemia Interactive > ArmA > = BEClient.dll and BEServer.dll - furthermore I have done the same thing and just downloaded them again and replaced them.

I have DISABLED my windows firewall, manually replaced with the only versions I can see available on the battleye site.

It fails to update. I realize that many of you are experiencing this and I am throwing my frustrations and thoughts into this in hopes that we find a solution that adamantly resolves this.

I'm running Windows 7, PC specs are more then fine for this game. Runs like a dream. Well apart from zombies glitching through walls or staircases and killing themselves, but that's not my PC ;) Lol.

Lol ok so I want to play so bad I fixed it myself.

It really all depends what you are using to play DayZ, not specifically what you are launching it with but how you got it.

For example if you are using Steam, to manually update the BEServer / Client you need to put them into a VERY specific folder.

For Windows 7 meaning like you bought a copy at the store and you don't use steam it has it's own directory to be placed in. Here is the link that helped me, I hope it solves all your problems!

CHEERS FROM THE MUFFINMAN!

CA #28 KEEP ME COMPANY BUT DON'T KILL ME D:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye

"

Installation

Installation of the BattlEye client is an option during the initial game installation process.

BE updates itself automatically during a running MP session with internet access. However in the case of troubles use the following options:

Manual BEClient.dll download

a) Download the latest BEClient.dll from the download section. Make sure to download the BEClient.dll for the your series of ArmA:

• ArmA
  • ArmA II
  • Operation Arrowhead

Now you need to put BEClient.dll to the right location:

• Windows 7

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\

• Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\ARMA 2 OA\BattlEye\

• STEAM

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\

"

Updated to the last version of Battleye and shit works again.

There is a new version isn't it?

How do you know?

As a serveradmin I can tell you at least half of the people got kicked. Including me.

Since the Takistan 1.2 update for me.

Updated to the last version of Battleye and shit works again.

There is a new version isn't it?

Same for me after I updated to Takistan 1.2.

So you are saying that it works again for you? Because there is a new BE update 1.714 released today.

Off topic but I thought I'd ask while this thread is still being watched.

I set up a tent in the middle of no where, incredibly difficult to find again but within the boundaries of the map. I had set down a wheel, map and a couple AK-74 Kobra' and a couple ALICE packs and a Czech pack with food all over the place.

Anyway, long story short, it all disappeared. This common bug or you think it was literally all looted?

Same for me after I updated to Takistan 1.2.

So you are saying that it works again for you? Because there is a new BE update 1.714 released today.

Sometimes, I was hoping it was fixed, but I think it isn't.

Off topic but I thought I'd ask while this thread is still being watched.

I set up a tent in the middle of no where, incredibly difficult to find again but within the boundaries of the map. I had set down a wheel, map and a couple AK-74 Kobra' and a couple ALICE packs and a Czech pack with food all over the place.

Anyway, long story short, it all disappeared. This common bug or you think it was literally all looted?

Perhaps people with maphack (almost everybody uses them, pussies) or a server/hive issue.

Did you download the latest version of their site?

I have to say since I removed my router I can sign in and out with no problems. But I was able to do that before at night, so I have to try this tomorrow again.

My latest hunch is that somehow my and other peoples routers can not work together with BattlEye.

But what is the bottleneck? Which configuration causes this?

Guest Dwarden

necromancy on obsolete threads? if you have problems to update battleye, it most likely fails to category of issues with antivirus, antimalware, firewall, router etc ...

also i suggest you change your tone as BE is not scam (any such accuse is just pure slander)

Edited by Dwarden

BattlEye aren't a scam...I don't know how they could be considered a scam, since you don't BUY BattlEye.

Necro thread