miket

New toolbelt item: Duct Tape

Title says it all.

Duct-tape has dozens of uses. I'm sure we can all think of one as it applies to DayZ.

1. Temporary bandage. Reduces the rate of bleeding but falls off after a few minutes.

2. Make a splint for broken leg. Wood Pile + Duct Tape = A few minutes of slow walking with broken leg.

3. Temporary hull repairs to vehicles without a toolbox.

4. Tape two magazines to each each-other facing opposite directions for quick reloading.

5. Tie a gate closed. To enter you need to choose a "Remove Duct-Tape" option, which takes time.

6. Gag another player. Stops them from using direct chat.

7. Bind another player. Stops them from walking/running. Need to struggle free to escape.

8. Tie someone to a tree.

9. Improvised tripwire.

10. Make a sling around a tire to carry it on your back (with speed penalty).

11. Twist around itself for improvised rope.

And so on.

Post your duct tape uses here.

Update:

12. Leg waxing for female characters. Who said you can't have great legs in a zombie apocalypse?

13. BLINDFOLD a player. In this way, you can take them to a secret location. If they're also bound, they wouldn't be able to take off the blindfold. When someone is bound, gagged and blindfolder, you could drag them around like you can with a passed out player.

14. Woodpile + Duct-Tape = Stretcher, so that you also can transport wounded/unconsious players even on an ATV, motorbike or bicycle. ;)

15 and 16.

I could always have the option of taping a flashlight / chemlight to a wall / tree.

In the same way I could duct-tape a map to a wall (like some form of picture).

Duct-tape a torch to your gun.

Duct taping flashlight to gun. Instant win

It could also be use to tape a flash light to a gun lol

Edited by MykeMichail
  • Like 12

There is thousands of uses for duct tape :D To be fair, on this game these suggestions you made would be enough though and would be a highly sought after item. Very usefull.

Yeah, duct tape would be good, in combination with a satchel charge, you should be able to tape a satchel charge to another player.... i.e. force them to go in and get your blood bags due to threat of explosive death! Only another player can remove it

I'd like wirecutters so i dont have to find the damn hole in the fence all the time!

• Like 2

Actually thought that you presented some cool ideas there, good job. Just not sure how they would make it into the mod (maybe standalone?).

7. Bind another player. Stops them from walking/running. Need to struggle free to escape.

8. Tie someone to a tree.

BDSM fan here?

• Like 1

Nice one!^^

1. Temporary bandage. Reduces the rate of bleeding but falls off after a few minutes.

well if you use enough duct tape and put some effort into it, you can actually stop bleeding.

well if you use enough duct tape and put some effort into it, you can actually stop bleeding.

Removal being the most interesting part.

Removal being the most interesting part.

as i said, if you put some effort into it, you can make further removal process not painful at all. unless its a duct tape that has glue on both sides oO

I don't see anyone adding uses for duct-tape! Come on guys I'm sure you've got something to add!

I got another one:

12. Leg waxing for female characters. Who said you can't have great legs in a zombie apocalypse?

13. BLINDFOLD a player. In this way, you can take them to a secret location. If they're also bound, they wouldn't be able to take off the blindfold. When someone is bound, gagged and blindfolder, you could drag them around like you can with a passed out player.

Edited by MykeMichail

This is a good idea, I'd like to see it implemented as it would promote creativity in Day Z's gameplay.

Only problem would be I didn't think duct tape would function as a temporary bandage.

Sounds Great... Duct Tape has loads of uses... I'm not sure if the bandaging idea would be balanced (ie if it never runs out). Definitely for most of the other uses though.

I could always have the option of taping a flashlight / chemlight to a wall / tree.

In the same way I could duct-tape a map to a wall (like some form of picture).

Not quite sure how useful that would be... but it would look nice if you and your friends wanted to claim a house as a base.

It would definitely be a core mechanic for the introduction of a proper crafting system.

About the gagging and blindfolding, couldn't people just tear the tape straight off?

Not if you tape there hands together. lol

Edited by bubster

That sound pretty cool, you have my vote and my beans :D

There is no problem on this Earth that cannont be solved with enough high explosives and/or duct tape.

I don't see many suggestions I like on this forum. This is one of the ones I do. Makes sense and isn't at all un-realistic or un-authentic.

Edited by Nick8478

Maybe have to be used in combo with something soft and bandage like for a bandage, would be fantasic if item durability is brought in and it can be used to patch things up.

14. Woodpile + Duct-Tape = Stretcher, so that you also can transport wounded/unconsious players even on an ATV, motorbike or bicycle. ;)

I really like to see the sidechat gone, as 12 yo were always planning their next scavenges over mic. With this, everything would be nice, as you already know where they are anyway.