Sign in to follow this  
smokie (DayZ)

New DayZ Wiki Interactive Loot Map and Database

DayZ Fanatics,

We finally got our new interactive loot map up over at DayZ Wiki. We added a lot of cool new features like a satellite map (can also toggle to a topographical map), customizable loot filter sliders, spawn points, and a complete database of all in-game items.

Link: http://db.dayzwiki.com/map/chernarus

News post: http://www.fpsgeneral.com/news/dayz/21303-dayz-wiki-db-the-next-generation-in-dayz-loot-maps

We would love to hear any feedback or suggestions you think would make it better in the future.

- smokie @ dayzwiki.com

post-3400-0-27384000-1345076092_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Don't have much use for maps anymore but well done, looks great.

map looks nice. appears the tents at stary are not marked on your map though or the tents in Berezino

Edited by Namyar

DayZ Fanatics,

We finally got our new interactive loot map up over at DayZ Wiki. We added a lot of cool new features like a satellite map (can also toggle to a topographical map), customizable loot filter sliders, spawn points, and a complete database of all in-game items.

Link: http://db.dayzwiki.com/map/chernarus

News post: http://www.fpsgenera...-dayz-loot-maps

We would love to hear any feedback or suggestions you think would make it better in the future.

- smokie @ dayzwiki.com

Not bad but my map i use now (i won't name it since i want to give you guys a chance) is still better.

My reasons as to why:

1) Everything's a square, to me it just 'looks' weirder and less clear to me as what is where and how big the loot spawns are.

2) I found some things missing, mainly the military spawn north by north-east of Cherno, they don't seem to be on the map?

3) No rocks? If i spawn somewhere and it says 'wilderness' i'd love to check where i am based on roads, hills, rocks, etc...

4) I'd also love more of the visual things in there, as to hughe towers, exhaust towers from factories, churches, etc...

Maybe a positive thing, the spawn points are really great! Makes it easier to spot where u might have spawned if it isn't very clear, or i you want to know which side (east or west) of a town you spawned instead of running around and agroing a crapload of zombies to find out.

The loot rates, spawns and stuff you find where are all in order so far i could tell, so try and hone it, make it a little more eye-friendly, polish it and after that it could be a great map for new players to start out with!

Why are dog houses marked as loot spawns?

I have never, repeat: NEVER found loot there.

edit: and it seems your loot spawns miss the percentages for main rotor assemblies.

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain

Great feedback guys, really appreciating it :)

Also, what's your preference between the satellite and topo map?

Edited by smokie

i prefer the satellite map :) satellite+topo overlay would be nice (nothing with trees from the topo map, just the streets, buildings, possibly elevation)

As has been said, missing tents at Cherno and Stary, but great work!

A couple of boat spawns as well on the east coast, one in Berezino and one to south of Berezino as well.

Great feedback guys, really appreciating it :)

Also, what's your preference between the satellite and topo map?

I'm used to the topography map now, but the satellite map can be handy to see where you can set up shop more hidden in between forests, etc... Or can be used by newer people to see what's coming in a more visual-realistic mode as how they'll see it in-game. I personally already know the parts i go in quite well so i only use topo maps together with my compass to steer me in the right direction.

Map looks good. Vehicle spawns vanish if I adjust the loot slider. As do deerstands. Also, I preferred the old system of being able to deselect low value properties and the likes. The sliders are just too awkward and not well explained

Map looks good. Vehicle spawns vanish if I adjust the loot slider. As do deerstands. Also, I preferred the old system of being able to deselect low value properties and the likes. The sliders are just too awkward and not well explained

thanks for noticing this. Working on fixing it.

Why are dog houses marked as loot spawns?

I have never, repeat: NEVER found loot there.

edit: and it seems your loot spawns miss the percentages for main rotor assemblies.

I have.

Man im glad i won't use any of this carebear/casual/ezmode crap and discover it all on my own instead holdhand by walkthroughs/cheats/loot maps lol.

If you need to cheat, you realy sucks at games same as all those hackers who can't play or so affraid losing my precious ill use whatever cheat i can find so i won't die or beat other survivor how sad you all are:P

Be real player use only what game give you ingame or quit don't make a foolish cheater of yourself.

@peetgamer: So hardcore! But remember, the really cool players use a Neuralyser to clear their memory each time their character dies!

No military tents in Berezino

all the missing military tents should be in there now. Thanks again for the heads up.