Sign in to follow this  
Muncywolverine

Did i do the right thing?

So i was returning south after depositing from gear at my main camp north of Pusta.

On my way through the town i decide to check in a medium residential building for some food/soda. When i walk in i see a man in a ghuillie suit with his back turned to me. He's doing some looting, probably looking for something to eat/drink like me.

Then i notice he's got an as50 sniper rifle on his back. The Adrenaline starts pumping. If he turns around, i will scare him. If i scare him, he will shoot me. If he shoots me, i'm dead.

What do i do?? If i turn to run, he might hear me. He might turn around, run out, and shoot me in the back.

Time's running out, he could turn around at any moment. I have to do it, it's the only way. He's not going to be friendly, he's a sniper! He'll shoot me on sight! I HAVE TO DO IT!

So i do it. Not in a clear, quick shot to the head. No, i haphazardly spray half a magazine into his back.

He slumps over, didn't ever know what hit him.

And thats where it should have ended. I should have walked out of that building, gotten out of the area, but no. His friend, a helpless noob with a winchester walks in the door. He sees me in the corner with my m16, we stare at each other for a fraction of a second.

He shoots me in the leg. I retaliate, easily downing him with my superior assault rifle.

So i've murdered two people. I got the bandit skin for about 30 seconds (my humanity was like 3500 before this, so i changed back pretty quick)

I think i'm going to be sick.

oh boy this will be fun

this is definately going to be a fun night

Edited by Buffjesus
  • Like 1

What have you become?

Edited by smasht_AU

You did the right thing, if you didn't kill him, he would have probably killed you. You can't trust anyone in Dayz.

If you want to talk about it more, go to sancutary server next Sunday.

I always killing peoples I don't know in game. Of course not noobs with axe or weapon less, but well equiped, just for my and my wingman safety.

You don't need a Ghillie and sniper gear if you're a beaner. You did the right thing.

You broke your hypocratic oath. Kill yourself, "doctor".

So i've murdered two people. I got the bandit skin for about 30 seconds (my humanity was like 3500 before this, so i changed back pretty quick)

WHITE LIST MEDIC # 56

LIVES SAVED: 13

Steam name: Muncywolverine

Wait what?

I love reading these threads like this. OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!

I remember the 1st time I killed, it was in self defense so it wasn't that big of a deal, shot him in the leg and then let the zombies eat him.

But the 1st time i murdered it still haunts me ;) Killed a guy who was a member of a huge group, at least 30 tents around him but he was the only one at the base. I needed food so I did what needed to be done.

Pls give me your name and adress you have killed two pppl I will report you to the police!

Edited by Magicool

You did the right thing doc. Sometimes healing means a spray and pray

He definitely would have killed you to save his precious gear. No harm, no foul. This game is unforgiving, now had he been a helpless unarmed man, that might be different...

You shot a man in the back who never even knew you were there OP - I'm pretty sure that's the definition of coward.

just remember the quote from dark knight "or you die like a hero or live long enough to see yourself becoming a villain" that can't be more true to dayz.

You should have backed out slowly with your gun pointed in his direction.

What I would have done was said hello over direct voice and text. But, I also don't carry a firearm 75% of the time.

Edited by bad_mojo

You shot a man in the back who never even knew you were there OP - I'm pretty sure that's the definition of coward.

Apparently you've never played DayZ...

I'll take a man shooting someone who is decked out in a ghillie suit and a 50 cal over someone who shoots a random fresh spawn with nothing.

See, THAT to me is the definition of a coward. What he did was called survival.

I wonder if medics had a personalized skin and therefore be easily recognizable, would fewer people want to kill 'em because they represent no threat (quite the opposite actually) or would they be targeted even more because of their precious supplies? :huh:

I did something similar yesterday, I'm sick to my stomach.

I had just entered Cherno from the east, night time, got a Winchester with slugs and that's about it. I enter one of the buildings where there's only glass walls. I see some lights so I go prone and lay still while observing. I start hearing an engine and it's coming my way. Heart starts pounding.

Around the corner the headlights come visible, it wasn't a car, just a motorcycle. I'm still laying completely still right next to the glass wall. That's when it happened.

The motorcycle turned, probably just to get around an obstacle, but his headlights blinded me and lit up everything around me. I didn't know if the driver had seen me but I panicked and started shooting wildly towards it. A few seconds passed, the engine sound died down. The motorcycle fell over on it's side.

Heart still pounding, did the driver jump off? Is he coming to kill me? I didn't even think to check for "xx has been killed" or the debug monitor. Was just lying there for what seemed like minutes.

No sounds. I finally checked debug monitor. Murders: 1, with a headshot.

Shocked by myself I went over to the motorcycle, picked it up and drove off, didn't even think to loot the corpse. Turned off the headlights so the same fate wouldn't befall me, but it was so dark and I was so sad i ended up driving straight into a car wreck and ruined the motorcycle's tire (dunno if that's what happened, first time I ever used a vehicle, but I could only drive really slow after a crash I had). I drove slowly and saw 2 people, 1 with a ghillie suit. Out of habit I say "Friendly", but I knew I lied. They responded with friendly as well. I got off the bike, just said they could have it and ran away. Ran around Cherno for about a minute looking for med supplies/hospital (not familiar with locations yet). But I got killed after a minute by some dude who stalked me down.

If you were the guy on the motorcycle, and you read this: I'M SORRY, I'M TRULY SORRY

I wonder if medics had a personalized skin and therefore be easily recognizable, would fewer people want to kill 'em because they represent no threat (quite the opposite actually) or would they be targeted even more because of their precious supplies? :huh:

I kind of like the idea of skins but not that they are forced upon you. That way medics can wear a red cross and be targeted or not targeted. But also bandits can wear a red cross if they want to be more douche :)

Red cross on arm = primary target. Doesn't make much sense to shoot guys unconcious when they're up and running again after a few seconds. And since medical supplis are rare in the north, it makes even more sense to take those guys out.

Murders: 1, with a headshot.

Headshots on players register is what I heard. I heard that.