i wub pugs

Berezino: The New Devil's Playground

Berezino used to be near player free. Despite it having a hospital, several deer stands, factory, tons of barns, 9 apartment buildings, 2 grocery stores and a military camp and close proximity to an air field, no one ever went there.

In the last two days I've not been able to navigate around Berezino without either getting shot at or trying to shoot someone.

Players are normally well equipped and are in no mood to deal with strangers.

Is the player base finally moving around the map or are just the seasoned players fed up with the sniper fest at the NW AF?

Seems like it's turning into hardcore survivor land up there.

I have been going between there and the n e airfield the last few days, looking for a vehicle, and have not seen a single person(or vehicle for that matter).

I think players are probably beginning to learn what is where. I mean, to me, Berezino was basically a playerless cherno / elec, minus a firestation. Still, it's infinitely safer than it's other coastal bretherin.

And by posting whats up there, this will likely become the case even more ;)

Yeah, today I've met there 3 other survivors and been shot at twice. Such a shame, I used to love this place.

And by posting whats up there' date=' this will likely become the case even more ;)

[/quote']

Maps have been out for weeks, I think most players are just lazy so they don't want to walk that far.

Maybe they're figuring out that the walk in the trees along the coast is safer than running around Cherno.

I have been noticing the same thing It used to be paradise up there. Now its turning into a warzone except everyone has decent gear instead of just a bunch of guys with coyote packs and maks.

I think it's just that Electro and Cherno are really easy to find, so they become the first stop for anyone that doesn't know the map well. Berezino just seems a little out of the way in comparison.

Berezino is a wonderful place.

Now i started playing dayz about a 2 weeks ago... I basically just went playing for about a hour without having any idea what was where or how the interface worked for that matter.

But decided i might wanna read up on some things and also watched some people play the game and all that learned me how to use the inventory system and other aspect including the maps and offcourse what cherno and electro were.

So when i came back and figured i was in electro, uhm lets go the other way and just see where it takes me. Few days later my buddies start coming into the game so no i can actually go and get blood packs and use them. Oke so i need a hospital, oke cherno and electro not such a good idea what about this place on the map called berezino.... Lets go there then, bloody hell its empty noone here..... And it has been since i went there 1 and a half week ago with sometimes having some poor sob coming into town only to be gunned down. (Yeah i am one of those players sue me).

So far where i play its been pretty empty but i figure it wont last, people will get fed up about cherno and electro allthough i sometimes do venture there quickly if i spawn on the docks to get some quick supplies and get the hell out of dodge. But seeing as there are only 3 cities with hospitals i am surprised it even took this long. The downside will still be the walk towards berezino, i already had to walk there from my spawn several times with only basic equipment and it does take quite some time to get there.

Its the main reason why cherno and electro are so hot, the spawn points are there. It takes along time to move to the good parts of the map but maybe its just me and i cant speak for everyone. But i think having to walk all the way back where your buddies are is far worse then losing your stuff. Now it would be fine if me and my friends could actually find a car fix it and setup a pickup service for each other but as far as i can tell the server i am on does not have vehicles yet because of the problems with it.

Greetz Solid

Alot more playas there now, but the view from the town is still damn good :)

Nooo.. Stay down South, there's fuck all up North! It takes two and a half hours, four tins of food and five drinks to get up there. It's too flat and too open and Bandits will snipe at you from 1000m plus - it isn't worth it!

Stay safe, stay South!

Our group played in Berezino and the huge fields/forests surrounding it today, I got headshotted by my friend (mis-fire) and they set up a tent with all my items inside, took me a while to get back but I did notice how literally 'dead' it is, we even snuck into the cafe/hospital/supermarket with ease and looted a bunch of goodies, our characters right now are our personal bests I think.

Luckily we didn't get to experience 'The New Devil's Playground' eh, I'm glad we got to enjoy a bit of peace in Berezino, because I think it's gonna become quite the hotspot in weeks to come.

ive actually been avoid berezino for that very reason. Its Chernagorsk for the old-school arma players.

Jewel of the northern coast, my favored home and looting area (I mean, military spawns, less player population, general stores, vehicle parts spawns.. got it all). I've noticed a few more people than there were there a week ago, but still nothing major so far. Far from the bean wars.

Coming soon to DayZ: "Side Channel: who's shooting in Berezino?" is the new "Side Channel: who's shooting in Cherno?"

hate to bump this thread, but it's already front page, i might as well.

Zino has been great to me as a new player. I think all the Deathmatch noob-snipers will remain down on the southern coast. Because people who actually get up to zino have at least a clue, so they are not easy prey. At least on the servers I frequent, it's still quiet up here. Saw one guy, Will Bill, and teamed with him briefly.

BZ will get more and more popular as new people realize that it is safer than the coastal cities. I like that it is becoming more dangerous, because since it's a big city it should dangerous to go in and loot. But also, it will never be as dangerous as the coastal cities because it's too far away from the spawn area.