Sign in to follow this  
vacalouca

DogZ!

I'm happy.

Threads Merged.

I'm a dogs best friend :thumbsup:

Edited by Boneboys

but there were not any animals in the forest. it was just in the middle of the forest.. I get if it is meant to track animals, but that wasnt what they showed in the vid. Thats why i ask (:

I think the dog was tracking something when the player told the dog to Stay. If he had let the dog continue i am sure it would have led the player to a pig, sheep, goat or cow. This would definitely help in finding raw meat when low on blood. Only 'issue' i can see is that three or four nearby dogs could lead their owners to the same animal. So instead of the Bean Warz will we get the Steak Warz? Bandits camping cows now??

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

Not bad, but the most interesting option, track, wasn't showcased.

How would we find one? Just a random dog comes along the road and you give him raw meat?

Guess, that'll count as another murder ;) Two targets. easier to spot :)

Really, I think the last thing DayZ needs is something that you really care about getting shoot away by a sniper.

First its the gear (Weapons, Tools, Suit, Food) then Vehicles and now a Dog, Its kinna sad and when you will lose your dog in a gunfight D:

• Like 2

Great find. I want a dog so bad now.

Edit: The point of a Alpha is to test new features, and figure out how to fix big bugs. Make it know that the bugs exist, but don't go crazy over it.

Edited by Alcatraz968

cant say this interests me at all..

its hard enuf to stay low key without a Dog running around after you..

GL with it, those that will use one i guess.

Seems like my doggy could become quite the nuisance.

Seeing that it doesn't exist in real life, I'm unlikely to rage. I'll definitely get one for my trips up North. The track function will be awesome for collecting meat.

The whistles are poorly done, but are probably just a place-holder for the time being.

Here's a vid of the dog tracking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYfyVjKuU18

• Like 1

Cant wait for all the "A BANDIT SHOT MY DOG THREADS" ... still want a dog ... maybe will never want a dog after i had a dog ... i'll have to find out

• Like 1

The dogs should track other players...not meat or be told wat to track imo...more pvp. Would be really NEAT-O in case you shoot up that 5 man group and 2-1 guys starts to try to make a run for it, you can always call the dog to track them out.

Edited by Arims