ChaosGuitarist

Honest solution to all of the hacked guns.

To be brief, put all of the possible guns in ArmA 2 into the game.

Let me explain why.

With all of the players spawning in to find hacked AS50s, or M4A1 Holo SDs, anything of the sort, that legitimately finds them in a camp, and them not knowing they are hacked, it's just a shock, and often times they will want to use it, only to be banned for not knowing that they had a hacked gun. (from a server admin, not BE)

Now, while this can cause a disparity of ammo, and a large variety of ammo issues, many of the guns use similar ammo, or same caliber rounds. Such as the FN Fal, MK17, DMR, M14, M240, MK 48, M24, M40A3, M60E4, and more, all use the 7.62x51 round. That being said, a simple "convert to x" magazine feature could be added to all of the magazines, therefore allowing use among many guns, Same goes for the 5.56x45/7.62x54 and other rounds.

I personally also think this, while adding a very, very, very large amount of military guns, and not as many civilian guns, could allow for a more clean environment, and even if it was hacked it, at least it would be a legitimate gun in the game.

That being said, the drop rates would have to be alerted for some guns, but nonetheless, I feel like this could be possible.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms?

Edit: here is a quick list of most, if not all of the guns in arma 2: http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/classlist?version=58

Edited by ChaosGuitarist

Personally I think that is a terrible idea, I suppose police cars and jets should also be put into DayZ?

Edited by smasht_AU

People should just check the wiki if they're not sure. It'd be a lot easier.

No. Just no. The last thing the game needs is more military firepower. Id like to see omre civvy weapons, more things like hunting rifles and shotguns that dont suck balls.

• Like 1

This wasn't a change that I was suggesting for the custimization of the player, more so as a way to combat the excessive amount of hacking that goes on with weapons.

I agree that there should be a larger variety of civilian weapons, but I do still support a large amount of military grade weapons that should be available for players.

Personally I think that is a terrible idea, I suppose police cars and jets should also be put into DayZ?

Actually, yes they should. Lol.

I think adding more guns is fine, most of the hacked guns aren't even bad, they're just like any of the other guns.

Thermal needs to be completely removed and Nightvision should be completely removed from everything except the rangefinder. They should also add headlamps or give us the ability to Walk/Jog without the flashlight flailing all over. We should also be able to use our flashlights with every secondary.

Edited by Psychobob

I wouldn't mind having all of the Arma guns in DayZ, but if this were to happen, the guns that take up your bag slot in Arma should also do so in DayZ. If this were the case, very few would use a sniper or an lmg. As50 TWS is also a stupidly OP gun, gotta be an asshole to use that gun.

And as to the person who was against the cop car....wtf shouldn't they be in DayZ? DayZ needs more vehicle spawns and they shouldn't take 7 days to respawn. Also bikes should be a lot more common...they're bikes...everyone has them in rl.

Edited by Dazed

@Chaos; the reason why there aren't that much high-end weapons, is because the game needs to be balanced. Adding even more variations of the M4/M16 (and new weapons) will only make them rarer and less useful due the ammo problem. Even though the convert ammo option is already available...

@Kenny; please note that the wiki is NOT a 100% reliable source for legit or hacked weapons.

@Chaos; the reason why there aren't that much high-end weapons, is because the game needs to be balanced. Adding even more variations of the M4/M16 (and new weapons) will only make them rarer and less useful due the ammo problem. Even though the convert ammo option is already available...

@Kenny; please note that the wiki is NOT a 100% reliable source for legit or hacked weapons.

I fully and completely understand that the guns need to be balanced around one another. but if we can come to a common decision that the 5.56 NATO does 3555 blood damage, the only variations that those guns will have is eiher if its suppressed, and the variables that will change will be the range and fire rate, which should reflect their real life counterparts. Another example would be the 7.62 NATO would do 8000 blood.

Just my opinion however.

I'd rather the Hive be reset every month. Remove all the duped shit and spawned weapons in one go every 30 days.

Bamf. Problem solved.

• Like 1

As long as you exercise some common sense and keep informed via changelogs etc, it's pretty damn close.

To be brief, put all of the possible guns in ArmA 2 into the game.

Let me explain why.

With all of the players spawning in to find hacked AS50s, or M4A1 Holo SDs, anything of the sort, that legitimately finds them in a camp, and them not knowing they are hacked, it's just a shock, and often times they will want to use it, only to be banned for not knowing that they had a hacked gun. (from a server admin, not BE)

Now, while this can cause a disparity of ammo, and a large variety of ammo issues, many of the guns use similar ammo, or same caliber rounds. Such as the FN Fal, MK17, DMR, M14, M240, MK 48, M24, M40A3, M60E4, and more, all use the 7.62x51 round. That being said, a simple "convert to x" magazine feature could be added to all of the magazines, therefore allowing use among many guns, Same goes for the 5.56x45/7.62x54 and other rounds.

I personally also think this, while adding a very, very, very large amount of military guns, and not as many civilian guns, could allow for a more clean environment, and even if it was hacked it, at least it would be a legitimate gun in the game.

That being said, the drop rates would have to be alerted for some guns, but nonetheless, I feel like this could be possible.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms?

Edit: here is a quick list of most, if not all of the guns in arma 2: http://browser.six-p...list?version=58

So from what i can tell you are saying 'if you can't beat them join them'? If this were to happen all the hackers would be able to spawn all of those guns, making it even harder for them to be caught. IMO this is a bad idea for now.

EDIT: Re-read and i didnt seem clear enough!

Let me elaborate a little, currently if you find a tent with hacked weapons most people would know they are hacked. What if all of those weapons were already in game? Then it would be much harder to spot hackers straight away.

Edited by TomL.

this is a good idea but adding more cars/guns is ok aslong as we keep the respawn rate down with them. like if there was jets they would be harder to find then helis and police cars would be very rare because they are very fast.

also balancing doesnt matter in this game because everyone can get them. are you saying the makarov should have the same damage as the AS50 because its fair? hell no AS50 TWS just needs to be more rare

Why not putting more guns in dayz? the key is more guns, less ammunation and as the most of the guns have their own ammunation it would be rare to find, for instance you find a g36 with a mag in the south barracks, but not a second one by looting the rest of the nw airfield so you'll just pickup the m16 you found at the nothern barrack after you shot your g36 empty.

This would also give ammunation the state of money as well, as making bandits less agressiv/more cheking whether it's worse to shoot or not.

Why not putting more guns in dayz? the key is more guns, less ammunation and as the most of the guns have their own ammunation it would be rare to find, for instance you find a g36 with a mag in the south barracks, but not a second one by looting the rest of the nw airfield so you'll just pickup the m16 you found at the nothern barrack after you shot your g36 empty.

This would also give ammunation the state of money as well, as making bandits less agressiv/more cheking whether it's worse to shoot or not.

Ammunation, eh? Stop advertising websites :rolleyes:

Edited by =MaxiM=

Well i believe they should remove the convert to X thing because you cant just morph a revolver speed loader into a m1911 clip, so I believe that you should be able to refill clips instead of convert.

Edited by ASneakyKat