Yammazul

How to improve realism!

Hello fellow survivors!

I have been playing this game for a couple of weeks and boy is it great! I really love the realism of the game! But I think there are a couple of additions that could be added to make it even more realistic as I currently feel this game is not hardcore enough for me as we basically only have to take care temperature, thirst and hunger! Heck even the Sims had more needs than this and that wasn’t a challenging game at all! So I have come up with a few suggestions that I think the team should think about adding to the game before it’s finished and would like to know what the community things of my great ideas!

1: DIABETES

I have noticed that the majority of the players I have encountered seem quite content to survive on merely baked beans and name brand cola (both of which contain large amounts of sugar), rather than opting for the healthier option of water and cooked meat. There should be repercussions for such a lazy and lax diet! My suggestion is that if a player consumes too many sugary treats on a consistent basis then there should be a chance that his/her character could develop diabetes, which would require a trip to one of the major hospitals every 24hrs in order to take a shot of insulin, if the player chooses to not take this vital medication then they should suffer from occasional blurred vision and light headedness. I feel this will force the player to source out the wells and wildlife in the game in order to maintain a healthier and balanced post-apocalyptic lifestyle.

2: CONCUSSIONS + CEASURES

Two things here but they relate to the same issue, non-lethal PvP and the lack of it in the current build. Right now there is no way to neutralise an aggressive player without bullets, this must change I think! It’s not always smart to simply run from an attacker as you may risk zombie aggro or getting shot in the back like a coward! Not all of us want to resort to murder, even in self-defence. So I was thinking rather than adding something new and non-lethal to the game like say, pepper-spray or Tasers, that instead we should utilise what we already have in the game world. It seems like empty tin cans and whiskey bottles are not being used so much by players to distract zombies so how about we also allow a player to throw them at other players? Scoring a headshot with a whiskey bottle on another player should render him unconscious or downed for around 30 seconds, giving his intended victim enough time to safely escape. The player who was struck with the can or bottle will then have a concussion debuff that would affect his depth perception and cause a loud ringing noise in his ears, this would then require painkillers and a bandage to the head to in order to negate the negative effects of a concussion.

I’m sure you have all tried to use a torch at some point in the game, only to be disappointed that you cannot use a pistol alongside it (X-Files anyone?). Well I’m sure it would be hard to program what essentially would need to be dual wielding into the game at this point, so here is my suggestion as to how a flashlight can be used as a defensive tool against other players. If a player is firing on you while you’re using a torch then you should be able to mash the “L” button violently in order to temporarily blind and disorient the attacker for a few seconds, if you do this enough times I think it would be cool if there was a % chance that your attacker could suffer a seizure from the bright flashing light of your torch! This is a great way to disable aggressive players without ever having to draw blood. No one should have to resort to murdering! Vote today for non-lethal combat today!

So what are your thoughts on these ideas guys? I think they would add alot more choice and realism to this already harsh enviroment.

Sincerely,

Yammazul.

Love it. I have a few suggestions of my own:

Splinters:

With the inclusion of firewood, players are handling raw wood often and in real life, this would cause you to get a painful splinter in your hand pretty often. I feel that this would be a fantastic addition to the game. While you have a splinter, your grip becomes shaky until it is removed (to simulate the terrible, searing pain of a splinter being pressed on by the gun in your hands). The only way to remove the splinter would be with the magnifying glass (found in general stores) and tweezers (found in houses).

Tooth decay:

After drinking all that soda and all those beans, tooth decay would set in pretty quickly. I think we should add a requirement to brush your teeth once a day to fight off tooth decay. Toothbrushes and toothpaste (5 uses) would each spawn separately as rare items in houses (Ukrainians are notorious for terrible dental hygiene).

Diabetes takes a long ass time to develop. By the time a character is actually able to get it because of their sugar consumption, this game will be obsolete.

Hang nail/ ingrown nail: I noticed that there are no nail clippers in game. These characters could get some wicked hang nails without proper grooming.

Choking: we eat so fast. There should be a chance to choke and die if someone isn't around to Heimlich, kind of like transfusions require another player. You could make it so people who have murdered other players will suddenly flash back on their murderous life when eating and be more likely to choke.

hmm, throwing bottles for distractions sounds good. sorry but not the concussion part tho IMO.

also duel wielding a secondary weapon with the flashlight is cool too, maybe an idea to add slightly less accuracy tho as your only using one hand to aim, also actually having a secondary weapon that has a flashlight equiped on it would benifit the accuracy. and more space in inventory ofcorse :P

Yeah' date=' no. Most of this is just fucking stupid.

[/quote']

jpy591.jpg

We gonna need haircuts now or else we have decreased visibility?

We going to have to take a shit with toilet paper or else our player walks funny because he wiped his ass with a pinecone?

Just...no

Personal Hygiene:

Players must wash themselves at any water source at least once every 48 hours or they will start to smell. BO attracts zombies and causes a buzzing flies sound effect so you will be constantly giving your position away.

The effectiveness of washing is increased by using soap. Soap can be found as a rare spawn in houses or dumpsters behind the hospital.

Dry Skin:

With a lot of exposure to the sun now to keep our tempurature up we are going to dry out our skin. Dry skin causes us to scratch, often times while aiming causing us to lower our weapon.

Trench Foot:

We spawn on the coast, walk in rain etc but never change socks. After a while we get trench foot, can get gangrene and lose a leg.

While you can not loot socks you can attach an M16 as a leg just like the girl in Planet Terror.

These are all great ideas guys! Keep it up, im sure Rocket will appreciate these suggestions! :)

@

WeaponTheyFear7: We going to have to take a shit with toilet paper or else our player walks funny because he wiped his ass with a pinecone?

PMSL :D

Ejaculation meter- When filled the character must masturbate, only when your ejaculation meter is empty will you have steady aim.