wolf7115

I just got hack killed for the 3rd time in 2 days.

This last time, everyone on the server "US2221" got /kill'ed just literally 5 minutes before making this post. I can't go through all that work for my loot just to have some asshole take it every single time like this. I'm sure a lot of other people know of this problem and agree with me that it is annoying as fuck.

I have decided that until the hacking is prevented better (it really is if you server-side most of the game) I am not going to play any more. I hope more people join me in this. Hacking prevention needs to be Rocket's #1 priority. When Rocket makes the standalone game, it better have hack prevention. This shit is outrageous.

• Like 1

For a couple weeks I was dying a couple times a day to hackers. Things have been much better this last week.

• Like 1

I've been having more "positive" hacks happen to me recently.

Last time I was scripted to death/thunderdomed/teleported to death was a week ago.

Though in the last 3 days i've been stalked by hackers trying to scare me/teleported and forced to dance(funny as fuck and we get teleported back to our respective spots afterwards) and shit around 20 times.

• Like 1

Why don't people understand that the game is still in Alpha. He is busy adding features or fixing bugs to care about what players are doing. The hackers are not using bugs, they're expliting the engine. Rocket can't do shit about that until it's stand alone.

You just need to realise that the game is at a feature state, which is what alphas are meant for.

Edited by Sylex

Why don't people understand that the game is still in Alpha. He is busy adding features or fixing bugs to care about what players are doing. The hackers are not using bugs, they're expliting the engine. Rocket can't do shit about that until it's stand alone.

You just need to realise that the game is at a feature state, which is what alphas are meant for.

Why don't people realize that alpha isn't the excuse for everything?

I'm serious. If you were to play a game in alpha that is downright terrible (the game itself is) people always thing that it's going to get better as soon as the alpha tag gets removed.

No. He needs to focus on stuff like this first. Once a better anti-hack is in, it doesn't need to be modified unless a new exploit is found. First of all, the ArmAII server shouldn't even allow client-side scripts to run. It's a very simple thing to prevent. I would have to say, putting everything to be server-side is far greater than having anything as client-side because it offers more security.

Edited by Wolf7115

The game is Arma 2. Its not alpha.

@All

I've been hack killed ruffly 12 times in 3 days. Tonight, i tried to play twice, and got to play for about a half hour each time, including loading times.

Much to the dismay of ItPutsTheLotionOn : http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/

I would have to agree with teknotel in this post that this game is completely unplayable and Rocket needs to focus his next update on security as solving it now is far better than solving it later.

I sure hope that client scripts can be turned off in the Arma3 engine. This would make Rocket's job 100x easier.

This last time, everyone on the server "US2221" got /kill'ed just literally 5 minutes before making this post. I can't go through all that work for my loot just to have some asshole take it every single time like this. I'm sure a lot of other people know of this problem and agree with me that it is annoying as fuck.

I have decided that until the hacking is prevented better (it really is if you server-side most of the game) I am not going to play any more. I hope more people join me in this. Hacking prevention needs to be Rocket's #1 priority. When Rocket makes the standalone game, it better have hack prevention. This shit is outrageous.

33ww09f.jpg

• Like 1