Sign in to follow this  
BlksnshN

Can admins see the location of vehicles?

I've recently had some decent luck finding vehicles at random camps around the map. First was a bus that I stole and drove around for a bit (PITA to maneuver), then I parked and saved it at my camp. A couple days later, it was gone but none of my tents had been looted.

Then, Sunday, I found a off-road truck at a known admin camp. Took it out for a spin and then parked and saved it at the same location of my camp that is on a different server. Few hours later, it was gone.

Later Sunday night, I found a camp with 7 tents and 2 tractors all fully loaded. I gathered all the stuff I wanted into one of the tractors and drove half way across the map to my camp and once again parked and saved the tractor. I hit the save at least 10 times. I also pulled some of the gear out of the tractor and put it in my 4 tents along with a lot of other high end loot. Tonight, I log in to find the tractor missing but once again nothing missing from any of the tents.

What is going on here? Does the server reset steal the vehicles back even though I saved them? Do admins somehow know the location of all the vehicles on the map? Or are people just finding the vehicles and paying no attention to the tents?

Admins can see vehicles. Yup. What a nice game, where every admin can legaly cheat.

The admins i know told me they can't see vehicles, but they can watch your movements (via a map tool). Hackers can see your vehicles. Helicopters see them really easily.

The admins i know told me they can't see vehicles, but they can watch your movements (via a map tool). Hackers can see your vehicles. Helicopters see them really easily.

This is not true why do you spread rumors...its absolutely untrue unless the admin is hacking/scripting. But I do agree with helicopters it makes spotting them easy.

I've never seen a location for a vehicle as an admin.. but it is true we use to be able to track movement to catch teleporting, but that has been taken also. soo good luck catching hackers now.

I just wonder why my tents remain untouched. After all, they are filled with the gear I stole out of their vehicles.

Wasn't there an issue with the latest patch that made it so that all spawns were glitched including players who now randomly will spawn on the coast even if they logged in a different location?

Could apply to vehicles as well since they seem to only be saved before the last patch and it would explain why the loot you took isn't gone.

Admins can't see any thing in new patch also there is a BUg with this patch that tent's / Vehicles are not saving so every time server resets they go back to were u found them even if u save

You know any admins you trust? Ask them.

Only know one and I don't trust him.

There is a tool that admins can use that shows the locations of vehicles. Its not in real time though. I've only used it once because we had hackers on our server take every vehicle on the map and put them as far north as possible. Most likely you lost your vehicle to hackers since they can see vehicles in real time or just teleport directly to them.

There is a tool that admins can use that shows the locations of vehicles. Its not in real time though. I've only used it once because we had hackers on our server take every vehicle on the map and put them as far north as possible. Most likely you lost your vehicle to hackers since they can see vehicles in real time or just teleport directly to them.

Wrong Newest patch that tool is useless now cause info no longer saved on the server files so they can't use hte program to check it

Edited by Axke

I think from now on, I'm just going to take what I want from the vehicle and joyride it into Elektro and leave it in the middle of the field and observe the clusterfuck.

Pretty much this. That map tool does exist because I have it. I use it to ban hoppers and hackers. But, I am sure it is used for other reasons, as well.

So that's why vehicle saves are borked. Servers no longer save the data and the hive does (like for players). LOL that's one way to stop admin domination of a servers vehicles I guess :D

Nope I am admin on my server and i can't see shit, but we know there is a bug that returns vehicles to spawn locations on server restart so we just get vehicles to barely running so at restart it's no great loss, tents on my server appear to be saving correctly (for the time being)

• Like 1

Admins cannot see vehicles. Unless they use a program called DayZ Radar which is heavily frowned upon by most honest admins, myself included. I refuse to use that shit. It's basically a hack. I'm pretty sure the DayZ staff are blacklisting this, if they haven't already. Edit: Looks like this program no longer functions which is good news.

The downside is that the program makes it very easy to spot teleporters or other hackers. If you don't have it though, you cannot see anything as an admin, unless of course someone yaps out some coordinates in direct chat and I happen to be monitoring my rcon, aka I'm not in game. An admin can see all direct communication (text only) that happens throughout the game.

We cannot spawn in items.

We cannot see tents.

We cannot see vehicles.

We can kick.

We can ban. Both someone who is in the server, and someone who isn't.

We can read log files of events that took place on the server.

Some hosts, like Vilayer, allow us to change the time schedule / day-night cycle.

We can restart the server.

We can stop the server.

We can change the difficulty level, and edit the config to allow certain "perks" to be allowed even if that difficulty level turns them off by default. An example of this would be crosshairs on veteran difficulty.

We can see everyones GUID and IP as well as country(depending on the tool you use)

We can change the message of the day.

As said, I can monitor direct chat for any malicious threats/racism or potential hacker(who is also an idiot) (This can be abused by power-hungry admins to spy on others, as such I don't recommend TYPING in direct. Just use your mic.)

We can update the server.

We can roll back the server.

We can set up automated restarts.

I'm sure I've missed some, but those are the majority. I hope this answers your question about admins, as well as anyone elses who sit there claiming "ADMINS SPAWNED IN STUFFZ". Yes, admins can spawn in things. If they happen to be a hacker.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 4

Can admins see vehicle locations - no

Can admins see player/tent locations - no

Do bugs remove vehicles on server restarts - yes

Can cheaters see vehicles - yes

Can cheaters remove/teleport vehicles - yes

Can admins remove/teleport vehicles - no

Can admins download programs that will let them see vehicle locations - yes

Do these tools work at the moment - no

Do most admins use this tool - no

Do server providers allow for these tools/files to be installed/edited on their servers - most don't, to my knowledge.

Can admins see vehicle locations - no

Can admins see player/tent locations - no

Do bugs remove vehicles on server restarts - yes

Can cheaters see vehicles - yes

Can cheaters remove/teleport vehicles - yes

Can admins remove/teleport vehicles - no

Can admins download programs that will let them see vehicle locations - yes

Do these tools work at the moment - no

Do most admins use this tool - no

Do server providers allow for these tools/files to be installed/edited on their servers - most don't, to my knowledge.

No idea what you all mean by these programs don't work right now.

As far as DayZ Radar goes I can see vehicle locations just not players. So it works for vehicles, or at least for me.

well last i check 1.7.2.5 doesn't save to hive so stealing vehicles and scavenging has become pointless. admins used to be able to but not since 1.7.2.5 i dont think

I had an inappropriate name once he talked to me on the voice com , he said leave the server now or he will come get me , he said he knew exactly where i was ! and then he cam then i left