So radios are definitely hacked in? I looted one from a guy named Chicago Ted yesterday after he opened fire on me and my buddy, and he had very decent stuff. NVGs (we both already had some so didn't bother to take 'em), an L85 with that weird infrared scope and said radio among other things I can't remember.

Radio didn't do anything even when sitting literally next to tower at Green Mountain.

For a moment there I thought Rocket took the suggestion I gave him about "something" was taken into consideration and used...darn.

What a Chilling Find! I hope the DayZ Staff have something more in store of these "Radio's".

Maybe Side Missions? Secret Locations?

but now I have pm's from russians and an audio file. subject is "Што гэта" but that doesn't seem to translate to anything russian? tried translation sites. http://kiwi6.com/file/5tjuhazokb is the file in the message

sounds like morse beeping near the end and the rest a lot like the number stations mentioned here. though i'm pretty sure there is the "000 000" in this' date=' which is a russian thing right? I read into it on wiki and apparently only the brits used a piano intro/outro thing. still i can't differentiate russian words for the numbers, and apparently trying to decode them is useless without a codebook.

[/quote']

First, sorry for anything that's wrong. The Russians on this board can correct me. Што гэта is Belarusian, which literally stands for "what is". These are the numbers I got from the .mp3:

363062202411033320x132x13x13x132x13x13x13214746414746424044x426126747x424335xyx445754022271y41000000

X stands for the one number/word I do not know and Y stands for ones that I could not make out. Could some Russian speaking fellow help me out?

There seems to be a pattern (or two) of some kind. This is probably all some Russian creepypasta, but it's intriguing to try to decipher it.

The message is apparently from the Russian number station S7.

S7 Russian Man 000 000

a. Multiple two group

b. Multiple single group message using same ID

It was also active during the Moscow coup attempt and it is the same guy reading the numbers. The Conet Project has footage of the station and can be found on YouTube, though I have yet to find the bit called "(S7) Russian Man Complete".

THERE ARE NO RADIOS IN DAYZ!

This guy Ballerpapst (scroll up to his name, damn link is borked) has one! And if he has one, once he dies, someone else will. So they're in fact in the game. :P

I don't know anything other than that.

THERE ARE NO RADIOS IN DAYZ!

This guy Ballerpapst (scroll up to his name' date=' damn link is borked) has one! And if he has one, once he dies, someone else will. So they're in fact in the game. :P

I don't know anything other than that.

[/quote']

Yeah, but still I don't know for a fact that they are actually legit. I haven't stumbled upon one in a pile of loot so far, only managed to loot one from a guy named Chicago Ted. That's why I asked this a couple of posts above:

So radios are definitely hacked in? I looted one from a guy named Chicago Ted yesterday after he opened fire on me and my buddy' date=' and he had very decent stuff.[/quote']

I wasn't questioning the legitimacy of them. I was just saying they were in DayZ. Hehe. Many people have them now. People I've seen lately are you, Menny (said he/she had one) and this other guy that posted a video of him looting one from someone named WH0000P. Shouldn't be a problem really. Unless for some reason they mess something up in the code. Which I have no clue about. It's a nice little trophy of sorts to have on your person (wish I had one! lol). :D

As I presumed, the posted file is taken from the Russian Man Complete clip, I just couldn't find a version of it.

Starts at about 1:00. There's additional stuff in the file "taken" from the game, the Morse code message, the radio chatter in the end and the near-apocalypse sounds.

Set your chat channel to Side channel when you have a radio and start yelling into it. Might startle someone else with a radio.

Set your chat channel to Side channel when you have a radio and start yelling into it. Might startle someone else with a radio.

Will this actually work as a form of communication?

Well, upon reading this topic, I instinctively wanted to check it out. So, I'm going to Green Mountain tonight, and we'll see how it goes.

However, even if the wiki is incomplete, here is the article stating that, in fact, they drop from military zombies. http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Radio

We will just have to wait and see, but I am completely interested in this now.

That's pretty damn interesting. I had made a trek up to Green Mountain a few days ago after noticing the comm tower in the distance, it was during the day and I didn't find much of interest aside from killing field that is a mass grave in the compound. I killed a few of the zombies but none of them dropped anything of any use and so I just left. I disconnected east of the tower in the forest and when I reconnected I died spontaneously before respawning on top of my body. It was weird.

Also, did anyone else hear the grid coordinates on the radio and immediately think of Hurley from LOST? ie The Numbers Are Bad!

Although I particularly loved how the piano riff at the end of the transmission was from

I went to Green Mountain and 20mins after traveling there I herd wierd noises behind me and my friends I was scared then i was like ontop of a rock and was stuck then Flung 6 feet away from the rock It is Ghost bro wach out

I found a Radio earlier tonight about 3 hours ago at Green Mountain. It was the first time I've ever actually been over there and it was night time on the server so I didn't know what to expect. I saw a bunch of dead soldier corpses, scared me because I thought they were dead players until I got closer, I couldn't interact with any of the bodies on the ground except for one, which was a soldier, so I assume it was a zombie maybe, but I found a radio and 1 canned food which I really needed because when I logged on, my food icon was red.. anyways! I thought the radio was a beta item or something because I couldn't interact with it or do anything with it as far as I know, but like.. around 5 minutes later, I started hearing static, which I thought was coming from someone 'hot-mic'-ing but no ones mic was on that I could see, and after a few minutes I knew it wasn't proximity mic either, because the sound stayed at a steady volume, but it was just static for a really long time, so I alt-tabbed to check if I left a window open that was playing sound, but when I alt-tabbed, the sound stopped, so obviously it was in game.

I really didn't know it was coming from the radio at this point, I thought my audio was bugged, but a while passed with this static on, and I started hearing music, and it scared he hell out of me. I thought someone was near me, but I was in the middle of the woods, and I am usually paranoid enough to always check if someone is around me, but ya, the music started, it was like a short piano tune, and then it cut to what sounded like whispering and humming, I couldn't make it out at all. At this point I alt-tabbed out again to see if I left my music player up just to make sure, but nothing else was up except for Arma and Steam, and like before, the audio cut off when I alt tabbed, meaning that it was central to the game, not outside of the game. When I went back to the game, I heard counting, or like.. not really counting, but kinda like what the default soldiers do in Arma when they die? they kinda have this very pre-set and generic audio where they spurt out random numbers, but this reminded me more of Vanilla Sky, where they have weird ambient noise in the background sometimes with what sounds like a person saying numbers.

I didn't bother recording it initially because I really didn't care, I thought it was just ambient radio stuff that came along with having a radio, kinda adds to the ambience, you know? it kept going and I heard more voices occasionally, and weird beeps between each reading of numbers, and then either morse code or radio wave signals and then piano again, and then it stopped for a while, I just heard the white noise, which isn't that bad, but like... an hour after that, I heard it again, I *THINK* it was the same message. If it wasn't the same message, it was very similar. once again it scared the hell out of me when it started because I kinda forgot about it at this point lol, but it played again, I stopped doing what I was doing to actually listen this time, I wrote down some of the numbers, but I still can't make out anything else that is being said, it is really hard to hear. After that time of it playing, I kinda assumed it was going to play within the next hour again, so I started to record my audio while playing, I lowered all other audio channels so I could have a clear recording of it, and just as I expected, it started to play again, I'll link the recording with this post at the end, but can anyone help me figure out wtf it is?

I am willing to trade my radio for a silenced m4 or something, because this is kinda getting annoying at this point, I searched the forums for anything similar but there isn't anything relevant that shows up, does anyone else have a radio that can understand wtf this is?

Thanks for the help!

here's the link to the recording:

http://www.mediafire...7d69d542amysnz8

They are cords definitely, to what though...

Sigh.

This thread needs to be locked xD

There are no radios. if you find it, it's hacked in. It doesn't give out co-ordinates. The initial post linked to tree stand locations, and said about quarantine subject escaping. Was not actually in dayz. Not coded. Just some guy with huge hoax.

Fucking creepy. So Green mountain is the broadcast source.

I wonder where else we might get signals.

I was all over green mountain too.....it's just creepy to think that the signal is coming from there....

green mountain is a radio tower... No shit the broadcasts come from there, lol

• Like 2

just to add here,

anyone who happens to have a radio

trade me it

you will get everything you want

GIEF TEH RADIO!!11

• Like 1

Sigh.

This thread needs to be locked xD

There are no radios. if you find it, it's hacked in. It doesn't give out co-ordinates. The initial post linked to tree stand locations, and said about quarantine subject escaping. Was not actually in dayz. Not coded. Just some guy with huge hoax.

No. The radio DOES exist in DayZ. Check the wiki. It has no purpose, though. Weird.

Check the urban legend thread. There is a recording of the radio and someone decoded the messages. It's Morse code, and Russian. Something about "If this is playing we are all dead." etc.