Sign in to follow this  
guidez

Why the Hero skin is useless

Gonna keep it short and sweet, like the guides.

I've never been a fan of automatic skin changes. Viewed from the perspective of real life, if you saved someone from a burning building would your shirt turn checkered blue/white?

Aside from my opinion, there is nothing to stop bandits from simply hitting each-other and blood transfusion-ing until the skin is attained.

Discuss. Not flame. Discussions are good. :D

• Like 2

Aside from my opinion, there is nothing to stop bandits from simply hitting each-other and blood transfusion-ing until the skin is attained.

an excellent idea....

• Like 3

Make hero skin achieved by being killer of murderers?Someone mentioned a medic skin and that could be from blood transfusions and bandaging.

Edited by wolfstriked
  • Like 1

In my own opinion, they where most likely added to identify who to trust and who not too, existing Bandits have like -600k humanity anyways, would take a huge chuck of their life to get back up, only to be thrown back down when killing another player :)

I think it's mostly in place just to make people more aware of who they are approaching. As of right now it means nothing because it's bugged, but in the future it will be nice to see who is worth trying to help/befriend.

• Like 1

I still think the forced "good" and "evil" skin changes are a complete waste of time, regardless of deliberate attempts to cheat the system.

I've never been a fan of automatic skin changes. Viewed from the perspective of real life, if you saved someone from a burning building would your shirt turn checkered blue/white?

There's an exploit to the game which can get you the hero skin easily but for the sake of not getting warned again i wont post, i like the skins idea.

Viewed from the perspective of real life, if you saved someone from a burning building would your shirt turn checkered blue/white?

Yes.

• Like 1

we need more variations a hero currently isn't really specific enough when you look at the skin.

(Hero)

Bandit destroyer - a skin with bandit skulls on them or scalps showing that this 'hero' hunts down bandits and not survivors.

Helping Hand Man - a skin that has the ambulance plastered all over as a medic who bloodbags and morphines random players(hero/survivor/bandit, it doesn't matter who)

Zed Sandman - wears all the zeds carvings/drabs as a player who headshots maybe 500 zeds or something in 1 life.

Wrench man - wears the Black Mesa hazard suit for killing zeds/players(bloody version of the black mesa suit) with an axe/wrench 100(maybe less)

(Bandit)

Current bandit skin (Light version) - bandit who kills players in the day 8am-8pm

Dark version bandit skin (Dark blue/Brown/Black/Dark green) - bandit who kills players in the night 8pm-8am

Mechwarrior metallic skin(angled to look like barbwire glitching around) - Bandit who destroys vehicles - 3 or more.

Duck shooter skin - Shoots down 1 heli and looks like Rambo running around.

Proof that bandits only want cheap kills and they have no skill.

• Like 1

Yes.

Oh. My bad. Was wondering why that happens. Wearing a speedo right now, don't even ask me what I did. :D

Edited by Guidez

If you want to spend hours blood bagging each other to get the hero skin that is cool.. But for people that kill other players, -490k humanity I wouldn't ever bother doing that. I just get more satisfied killing someone with a hero skin.

WTF...did I completely miss something? Was this patched in? When? Is there a thread or article from the devs about it?

WTF...did I completely miss something? Was this patched in? When? Is there a thread or article from the devs about it?

One of rocket's hidden extra's apparently. I think your humanity resets to 0 when you die though, anyone confirm?

Resetting your humanity when you die seems like it would make it rather pointless. I see that guy...he has a default skin...what is he? Oop...I am dead.

• Like 1

Hmmm, so what you are saying is that players with Hero skins could in fact be bandits!!

KOS all heros then

Hmmm, so what you are saying is that players with Hero skins could in fact be bandits!!

KOS all heros then

^ , exactly

Edited by Guidez

The only thing I don't like about the hero skin is that it glows in the dark with that white shirt. At least the normal survivor has a chance of giving you a black shirt on someone's screen.

Anyone who is any kind of veteran survivor would know better than to wear a white shirt.

• Like 3

The inclusion of forced signs ("i have bloodbags!" for heroes and "i have good loot!" for bandits) is a terrible idea, I thought we learned that the first time around.