Sign in to follow this  
grasmann

"Balancing" Survivors and Bandits

It would be super fun if you could make a group of friends you met in the server to do little scavenge missions, like watch over the town for other players while the rest of the group is in the town.

Its just a shame you cant trust anyone. Just a shame.

Would be nice to see a tooltip of their history such as previous murders or banditry. Like a perm branding on the player.

That would work.

Edit: It would certainly make people think twice about killing someone, if people could see your play history.. Is someone WORTH killing, as to killing just because..

I would suggest to use the Survivor HQ (the sub forum here) to meet a group to join, it's easier and people tend to trust each other more if they already know you from somewhere. Just imagine how this would be in the real world, when you see a heavy armed guy running at you, you wouldn't be too friendly there either.

And a tooltip for murder count would be the number one reason for me to shoot even more people. Nothing says "don't attack me or you'll die" than a big number of victims on the screen. :D

Wouldnt a ghillie suit COVER the bandits skin?

Yes it does, the camo clothing also. The headscarf thingy for bandits and heroes is only displayed when wearing civi clothing,

Edited by daskleineviech
  • Like 1

I would suggest to use the Survivor HQ (the sub forum here) to meet a group to join, it's easier and people tend to trust each other more if they already know you from somewhere. Just imagine how this would be in the real world, when you see a heavy armed guy running at you, you wouldn't be too friendly there either.

And a tooltip for murder count would be the number one reason for me to shoot even more people. Nothing says "don't attack me or you'll die" than a big number of victims on the screen. :D

Well with a big number of kills on the screen would make the player play safe and hunt you down! OR RUN LIKE A GIRL :| or alt f4 .__. okay so maybe it wouldnt work.

Just an idea...........

Well with a big number of kills on the screen would make the player play safe and hunt you down! OR RUN LIKE A GIRL :| or alt f4 .__. okay so maybe it wouldnt work.

Just an idea...........

I think for regular mode servers it would be ok, there's enough stuff already displayed which breaks the game imho. But veteran and expert servers shouldn't have that, it breaks the suspense too much. Believe me, after a while the Zs are nothing more than target practice and player encounters, no matter if good or bad, are the real "kick" in the game. Knowing the intentions of a player in advance destroys that kind of feeling.

Although I'm always for ePenis enlargements like stats, I am a dirty achievement whore after all.

• Like 1

Although I'm always for ePenis enlargements like stats, I am a dirty achievement whore after all.

hahahah I also love achievements.

Would be nice to have some. MAYBE IN STAND ALONE :o

hahahah I also love achievements.

Would be nice to have some. MAYBE IN STAND ALONE :o

If it's a Steamworks game, you will get your achievments, can't really imagine one without them.

I think that is incredibly unlikely ;p

Take a look at the game files of older versions and say that again. ;)

You do realize that by giving an advantage to one group and not giving an advantage to the second, that is equivalent to giving a disadvantage or penalty to the second group. Which is dumb. The reality is that there is no incentive to be nice to people besides your clanmates,

To be honest, I've never understood the distinction between survivors and bandits, I can only view the term survivor as another name for "newbie".

so I'm a newbie for not going out of my way to kill other players or even killing them for gear, I wish I had?

Take a look at the game files of older versions and say that again. ;)

They just don't seem to fit in with the whole ethos of the game.

They just don't seem to fit in with the whole ethos of the game.

Why not, I can think of some.

Break your legs with a door

Get shot unconcious by a smoke grenade

Shoot your buddy who is running from a zombie by accident

Shoot your buddy who is running from a zombie

Shoot yourself by aiming at a door close range

Trip over the lowest step of a staircase and die

Bang your gun on the door frame so you break your legs

• Like 1

Because, for example, they are talking about getting rid of as much of the gui as possible. As near as possible to realistic, immersive gameplay. Achievements just don't fit in with that style of game dev.

Edited by Dankine

Because, for example, they are talking about getting rid of as much of the gui as possible. As near as possible to realistic, immersive gameplay. Achievements just don't fit in with that style of game dev.

They wouldn't hurt, since they're only pop-ups which you can de-activate. It would solve the "problem" of PvP probably better than anything else, since new "goals" for players would mean less hunting. But yes, it would be kind of silly too.

you make your own achievements derp, like you do with the missions.

I have done already numerous missions, everything goes with the situations.

Example:

Friend gets broken leg in the vyshnoe.

Mission: Go to revive him

There is multiple things to do, just use your imagination while playing.

sorry im late

this thread has already been sufficiently slammed for retardation right?

Edited by Buffjesus

Bandits should have the smell of rotten blood on them :D

They so bad they dun even take baths ;3